For the NikeTalker's without kids, are you going to place your kids in a public or private school?

never thought of that, but, i know the private school i went to i would NOT want anyone i know going there, and the public schools are trash in my area, =/

If I was in America, private.

But here
pimp.gif
public. Easy.

NZ education >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> *

Although it doesn't really matter what school your kid goes to, they've got to want to be there and want to learn.

I'll be teaching my kids stuff at home too though, reading, spelling, math. My kids are gonna be smart
smile.gif

If I was in America, private.

But here
pimp.gif
public. Easy.

NZ education >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> *

Although it doesn't really matter what school your kid goes to, they've got to want to be there and want to learn.

I'll be teaching my kids stuff at home too though, reading, spelling, math. My kids are gonna be smart
smile.gif

"Street smarts" should be taught by parents. My dad put me on how the game works early in life.
Granted, this is NT, so a lot of dudes here have bad parents, absent fathers, and/or from broken homes.

"Street smarts" should be taught by parents. My dad put me on how the game works early in life.
Granted, this is NT, so a lot of dudes here have bad parents, absent fathers, and/or from broken homes.

As of right now I don't want kids to be honest, but if i have the money why would i send them to a public school? They would just waste there time and get dumber by listening to teachers that don't really know what they are talking about and are just professional babysitters.

As of right now I don't want kids to be honest, but if i have the money why would i send them to a public school? They would just waste there time and get dumber by listening to teachers that don't really know what they are talking about and are just professional babysitters.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Yup, Street smarts is just life experiences and what your parents teach you.
wink.gif
 Not how to run away from the cops or knowing the best way to hide your dro.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Yup, Street smarts is just life experiences and what your parents teach you.
wink.gif
 Not how to run away from the cops or knowing the best way to hide your dro.
laugh.gif

some public schools are actually not bad guys.

and some even make you wear uniforms.... atleast out here in BK

some public schools are actually not bad guys.

and some even make you wear uniforms.... atleast out here in BK

probably public. but like other have stated..it depends on where im living and if i can afford it.

probably public. but like other have stated..it depends on where im living and if i can afford it.

Originally Posted by Chrisphreezy

How do private schools shelter kids?

Not in all cases, but in a lot of my personal experiences I see a lot of kids come in to the real world very naive with very common situations. My theory for some situations is when a child or teenager is sent to private school, the parents want to protect their children from sex, drugs, and violence etc. This isn't going to do anything but make them more curious when they eventually do find out about these things. (Inevitably they will find out, its unavoidable) So maybe these kids should be exposed to and not put in a rich bubble. 
Anyway, I see a lot of public school hate. So whats really so wrong with public schools?????? 

I went to public school my whole life. You learn. Sure stuff happens but instead of treating it like the end of the world, let it be a learning experience for your child. Plus, private school cost money. Money that not everyone has. Oh by the way I had great teachers in my "horrid" public school, not babysitters. 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Chrisphreezy

How do private schools shelter kids?

Not in all cases, but in a lot of my personal experiences I see a lot of kids come in to the real world very naive with very common situations. My theory for some situations is when a child or teenager is sent to private school, the parents want to protect their children from sex, drugs, and violence etc. This isn't going to do anything but make them more curious when they eventually do find out about these things. (Inevitably they will find out, its unavoidable) So maybe these kids should be exposed to and not put in a rich bubble. 
Anyway, I see a lot of public school hate. So whats really so wrong with public schools?????? 

I went to public school my whole life. You learn. Sure stuff happens but instead of treating it like the end of the world, let it be a learning experience for your child. Plus, private school cost money. Money that not everyone has. Oh by the way I had great teachers in my "horrid" public school, not babysitters. 
tired.gif

i went to both private school and public. catholic school for grade school and then public for high school. i came out alright.

i went to both private school and public. catholic school for grade school and then public for high school. i came out alright.

Back
Top Bottom