Ford Patents New "Self Repossessing" Vehicles

TLDR: Cars can autonomously disable features first to introduce a level of discomfort to the financially delinquent driver such as media players, seat controls, windows, key fob, cruise control, etc and progressing to climate control, locking the driver out, and irritable Jim Carrey style noises.

Car essentially can just drive its own *** away back to the dealership if you are behind on payments or just to someone more convenient for a tow truck or even just to the junkyard if it would be too inconvenient to repo

I mean hole-in-the-wall-no-credit-check dealers been using kill switches, but just add that to the millions of reasons to buy used.

It’ll be funny as hell seeing 10, 15, 20 cars on the road with you and no driver inside :lol: :lol: :rofl:

I mean hole-in-the-wall-no-credit-check dealers been using kill switches, but just add that to the millions of reasons to buy used.
Express Credit Auto in OKC, charge the max 23.9% interest rate too. But coming downstairs and the car itself just being like yea im'a head out and leaving is crazy

Yea but I dont think it'll actually happen. What if the car hits someone or wrecks on the way to the dealer? Who's responsible?

Admittedly its old news. I just heard about it then did the googles and found out they submitted for the patent over a year ago but also claimed they didn't really intend to use the technology, then they let the patent application expire earlier this year. It was a hella detailed proposal and write up for them to be like nah just playin though.

Back
Top Bottom