format of archived music?

wav takes up entirely too much space to b remotely practical... its mp3 or wma pretty much... then u got those dummies still usin real audio...lol

mp3

WMA you can't copy to your Ipod. mp3 is the most accessible and practical format...

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

mp3

WMA you can't copy to your Ipod. mp3 is the most accessible and practical format...

maybe ipods arent that practical since every other mp3 players lets u use wma files... lol.. apple aint bout to use WINDOWS media audio...

highest bitrate? i doubt dirty's ears are that good to notice a difference b/n 192 and 320 or whatever the highest is... 192 is fine dirty... use VBRtho... u a car, headphones, or house listener?

hmm....
I always thought with MP3's you lose audio quality...that's why I suggested wav.

addendum to question..
Anything better than Streambox ripper out there?

highest bitrate? i doubt dirty's ears are that good to notice a difference b/n 192 and 320 or whatever the highest is... 192 is fine dirty... use VBR tho... u a car, headphones, or house listener?
True, but if you have the GBs to spare, why settle for less?...

^thats a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG if...lol

u do but its usually not noticed by the average listener... wit wave files 2 albums would b like a gig... mp3 is what u want... and if u need astoundingquality just use the highest bit rate...

lol @ streambox ripper...i havent heard that name in years...

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

this thing converts whatever u want to whatever u want...audio and video...free

Dirty

If you are anal about audio quality, look into ripping it to .flac, a compressed (yet still lossless) audio format
For all practical purposes, mp3 is much more convenient (and smaller).
The best way to rip it is using a LAME encoder at a v0 preset. Some people will prefer v2, because it is smaller, but I find v0 to have the best ratio of soundquality and size

If what I just typed seems like gibberish feel free to ask away or PM me

And NachoBroadway, good to see another audiophile on here
pimp.gif

not exactly tranfser but it will convert...u gotta get it to ur ipod however u know how... I've used it to convert videos for my phone... works perfect...

u can even load a video and set the output to audio only to rip audio from video...

appreciate the tips...

my only concern with flac is burning to a CD afterwards... my current software doesn't support it.. maybe I should just upgrade

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

appreciate the tips...

my only concern with flac is burning to a CD afterwards... my current software doesn't support it.. maybe I should just upgrade

get nero or ummm just search for flac burners...

I only see a benefit in WAV files if you're a producer

You should be fine with 192 kpbs or above

I was just thinking about this. .WMA powns MP3 and I was completely blown away buy the difference....was gonna make a post to see if it was the Windows MediaPlayer vs. Itunes, or if it was the extension of the files?? What do you guys think?

I'ma have to try FLAC, and lol RIAA's gonna snipe dirty.

Been converting my entire music collection to FLAC from AIFF the past three days. Only 10GB left to go...

I'd recommend FLAC tho'....it's lossless and the majority of media players (excluding the obvious) support it.

As for burning the FLAC files to disc, Mediamonkey converts the songs to MP3 format for that.

That's the only thing I'll miss about Itunes, you were able to burn the AIFF files to a disc and be out, no double converting and all that.

DB Poweramp music converter (google it)....what Im using to convert all my songs to FLAC.....very fast, just a pain going album by album.

Back
Top Bottom