Former Pentagon UFO official: 'We may not be alone'

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/18/politics/luis-elizondo-ufo-pentagon/index.html

CNN)A former Pentagon official who led a recently revealed government program to research potential UFOs said Monday evening that he believes there is evidence of alien life reaching Earth.

"My personal belief is that there is very compelling evidence that we may not be alone," Luis Elizondo said in an interview on CNN's "Erin Burnett OutFront."

A pair of news reports in The New York Times and Politico over the weekend said the effort, the Advanced Aviation Threat Identification Program, was begun largely at the behest of then-Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nevada, who helped shore up funding for it after speaking to a friend and political donor who owns an aerospace company and has said he believes in the existence of aliens.

171218194410-luis-elizondo-12-17-super-169.jpg

Elizondo told The New York Times he resigned from the Department of Defense in October in protest over what he called excessive secrecy surrounding the program and internal opposition to it after funding for the effort ended in 2012.

Elizondo said Monday that he could not speak on behalf of the government, but he strongly implied there was evidence that stopped him from ruling out the possibility that alien aircraft visited Earth.

"These aircraft -- we'll call them aircraft -- are displaying characteristics that are not currently within the US inventory nor in any foreign inventory that we are aware of," Elizondo said of objects they researched.

He said the program sought to identify what had been seen, either through tools or eyewitness reports, and then "ascertain and determine if that information is a potential threat to national security."

"We found a lot," Elizondo said.

The former Pentagon official said they identified "anomalous" aircraft that were "seemingly defying the laws of aerodynamics."

"Things that don't have any obvious flight services, any obvious forms of propulsion, and maneuvering in ways that include extreme maneuverability beyond, I would submit, the healthy G-forces of a human or anything biological," Elizondo said.

171218181223-ufo-program-super-169.jpg

The Times' report on the government UFO study included a pair of videos of pilots remarking on something mysterious they were seeing. One of the pilots, retired Cmdr. David Fravor, told CNN that he had witnessed an object that looked like a "40-foot-long Tic Tac" maneuvering rapidly and changing its direction during a flight in 2004.

Ryan Alexander of Taxpayers for Common Sense expressed dismay about the program and cast it as a waste of money in a piece that aired on CNN's "The Situation Room" on Monday.

"It's definitely crazy to spend $22 million to research UFOs," Alexander said. "Pilots are always going to see things that they can't identify, and we should probably look into them. But to identify them as UFOs, to target UFOs to research -- that is not the priority we have as a national security matter right now."

08F63759-3D1C-4692-856B-9FFCDD07BDDC.png

I don’t know, I don’t trust the government/media combo.

Distraction or nah?

Does the story of creation take ETs into consideration?

htg designs htg designs
No one knows, one can say it does, then again it doesn't necessarily close the door on it either. It's the story of how mankind came to be on earth. Pretty much, what "we" need to know. Young Quintar on planet Yabbadabbaboo might learning the creation story of his Jumboscrotum race as we speak.

Myself, I can say with confidence, I have not the slightest clue. The pyramids of Giza blow my mind. How sway?...

I wish they would tell us the truth about what has been found, but they won't. It would cause mass hysteria.

law of the jungle... no way aliens are going to communicate with us peacefully. if they try to... blow them up anyway. They probably have viruses that would wipe out millions

We dont even know why or how we exist or how we became humans

so to believe we are the only ones in existence is hard to believe.

What i want to know is what would exist if none of this universe existed?

Because if we continue to chase what created us than we are going to want to know what/who created that which created us and so on?

Its never ending like the universe in size.

Aliens been real and we been known about them. Yea some people create these hoax videos, pictures, and stories for that 15 min of notoriety but there is definitely something out there.
I'm a firm believer in Bigfoot as well, the government knows these things exist but they won't come right out and tell us, it'll take some undeniable occurrence to take place for them to finally come out and say but they know.

"Pilots are always going to see things that they can't identify, and we should probably look into them. But to identify them as UFOs, to target UFOs to research -- that is not the priority we have as a national security matter right now."

I get the point but this man said to ignore UFOs if you see them in the air, because money should be spent elsewhere

No I simply dont believe it lol.

If they do know of us they are probably so advanced they don't want anything to do with us.

And IF a civilization that advanced visited a place with a civilization far less advanced ...well....weve seen how that goes

No I simply dont believe it lol.

If they do know of us they are probably so advanced they don't want anything to do with us.

And IF a civilization that advanced visited a place with a civilization far less advanced ...well....weve seen how that goes
There are so many assumptions in these statements (of course the entire convo is an assumption, I get that).

1. Why are they PROBABLY so far advanced?

2. Why do you assume that IF they are more advanced, they would probably not want anything to do with us?

Back
Top Bottom