Freak accident

So last night me and a couple of friends were heading out for a few drinks. As some of you know, I live out of my car for the most part. Anyway, I went to my car to grab my watch out of my duffle bag. As soon as I open my car door to get out...WHAM!!! A kid slams into my door and flys off his bike. I get out and the kid jumps up in a panic. He says hes bleeding. Its really dark so I walk him into the street light and blood is dripping from his hands as hes holding his neck. I tell him to remove his hand for a sec and I see a 2inch laceration and blood comes spirting out. So im like "****". I lay him on the front lawn and I run inside the house and tell one of my friends I need a tourniquet. Shes like "a who?". I tell her to call 911 and I grab a towel, run outside and begin to put pressure on his neck. He then asks me if he's going to die. I tell him no to to relax and control his breathing. The last thing I want is his heart rate to be high and more blood than necessary to come out. 2 guys come walking by and they ask whats going on. I tell them and we began talking to the kid. He's 15 and lives down the street. I ask if he has a phone on him, he says yes and I tell him to call a family member. I get on the phone with his mother and calmly tell her that her son was in an accident and she needs to come to X address. As im holding pressure to his neck im realizing hes becoming to calm and his eyes start to shut. So im thinking im about to lose this kid. I shake him up a little and began asking him questions and crack a few jokes to keep his mind awake. The parent in me comes out and I begin to rub his head to keephim calm and feel secure. I hear sirens in the distance that seemed like it took forever to get there. They finally come. Police, fire and medics. At that time an suv pulls up and its his father. He seemed out of it and had no reaction.
which was good because the last thing I needed was a screaming irratic parent. The medics take over and I beging to talk to the cops. I tell them what happened and we walk over to my car. Thats when I see a dent on my door and flesh meat and blood right the the corner. I initially thought his cut his throat with the handle bars on his bike, but his throat his right at the edge of my door a cut a main artery.

The medics take him away and I try to get the fathers number so I can know if the kid made it but he seemed so out of it.
they leave and about 10mins later a guy pulls up. He said he was the boyfriend of the kids sister. He said the kids parents got into a fight, the kid ran out the house and thats when he my car. The whole situation was so ****** up and his parents seemed like pieces of ****. Hos mother didnt even show up and she was who I spoke to on the phone. The father just stood around like his son scraped his knee or something. An hour later after cleaning blood of my shoes and shirt, we went out as planned. I hope this was a lesson to his parents for real. Dont fight in front of your kids cause it affects them so much. And who would of thought because of that, their son would be close to death a few minutes later.

View media item 1998334View media item 1998335
View media item 1998339
Right where his neck hit
View media item 1998338
He hit so hard he dented my door
View media item 1998352View media item 1998353

Last edited:
Please keep us updated if you do hear from him. It's terrible that his parents were absent to the situation. Some people shouldn't be able to have kids.

I wish the kid a full recovery, and i hope his parents don't try to sue you for something that wasn't your fault. You're still living in the whip? I thought you were able to get one of your jobs back? What's your situation now dt?

Damn, that's messed up. The Universe is cruel sometimes.  He left because his folks were fighting, and ended up getting ****** up. 
mean.gif

Your car door deserves the death penalty for what it did.

Seriously tho, crazy story. Hope son is ok. Our decisions affect everyone around us.

Whys there blood on a car with white paint and your car is blue?

It cut an artery? Good thing you took it serious cause thats a big deal. Good job keeping the kid awake and relaxed. Keep us updated.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully the kid is alright and makes a full recovery. Life can change at a split of a second.

Damn, man. I had to put my phone down for a second after reading that. Hats off to you for the quick thinking and not freezing under that pressure. Hope the kid makes it through alright. You did the best you could do. Props.

Wow. That is such a random thing to happen to someone. Like others have said good thing you acted quick and helped the kid.

As someone who rides a bike regularly, I dislike people like you. I've had way too many close calls with people swinging their car doors wide open with no care as to what's coming up behind them, whether it's a bike or a car.

Anyway, hope the kid's ok.

Last edited:
As someone who rides a bike regularly, I dislike people like you. I've had way too many close calls with people swinging their car doors wide open with no care as to what's coming up behind them, whether it's a bike or a car.

It was an accident man, relax.

When I'm parking on the street, I always check behind me before open but it's always the one time you forget and this happens :smh:

Well if you see someone walking to their car then you see them way before they get an opportunity to see you. Plus people simply don't realize a bike rider would be going by that close to them.

It was an accident man, relax.

Situations like this is almost always an accident. How does that make it any better whether it's an accident or done on purpose? It takes two seconds to look into your side mirror for this easily avoidable accident.

Well if you see someone walking to their car then you see them way before they get an opportunity to see you. Plus people simply don't realize a bike rider would be going by that close to them.

But the vast majority of the time, the biker doesn't see a driver in their cars. And people should always expect bicyclists to be as far right as possible. There's enough danger with drivers whizzing by to their left as is, parked cars shouldn't be a biker's concern but that's not reality unfortunately.

Last edited:
Solid story. Followed with pics. This is how you post on NT.

In all seriousness, OP you sound like a good dude. Hope little homie is ok.

Good **** dude! Coming to the rescue for this kid and knowing what to do in that critical moment.

Back
Top Bottom