FREE NIKES....!!! Shoe store looted in LA Lakers championship.....

85136b34409b73052f7e026f9b1d4ec2b006a9e3.jpg

After the Los Angeles Lakers won the 2009 NBA Championship last night in Orlando, riots broke near Staples Center. A shoe store called TheHoly Grail was looted (robbed) during these riots. The saddest part of this specific story is that the shoe store has a heavy focus on consignment; meaning the real victims of thiscrime will likely be the individual consignees who (depending on insurance policies) may be burned for a knot of cash. The stolen sneakers are surely among theleast serious criminal acts triggered by the Lakers win last night. More info on the riots and looting can be found via the LA Times

i never woulda thought u could carry so many shoe boxes at once.....wow.....
laugh.gif

How many of u NTers are in this picture...??....
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
happy.gif

while it's barbarians who choose not to be part of civilized society that are at fault, this could have been prevented. I'm not an expert on security,but someone who knows more than me could chime in on preventive measures.
L1010852.JPG

L1010856.JPG

| Indeed. I bet a lot of those dudes that did the consignment didn't have insurance on their kicks.
smh.gif

Dear LAPD,

Just thought your Monday is going just as bad as mine, so I thought I'd share some photos from last night ...

Enjoy your day!

capt.e45c76777dd74b718bf742decacbe2f1.nba_finals_reax_basketball_cajh116.jpg

47504124.jpg

I hate to say it.. But the Latino's are the ones to blame for the violence against the cop cars and the fires and shaking of cars. They dont know how toact at sporting events..
Raiders,chargers,Lakers,dodgers.. the Ese's always look for problems/create problems

Stupid idiots! The looting and damaged they caused might lead to those businesses to layoff workers or shut down completely. Karma on those fools!!

A bit more info
At the Holy Grail, a vintage sneakers store around the block from Staples Center, owner Richard Torres appeared exhausted from staying up all night afterrevelers ransacked his shop after the Lakers' victory.

Torres was watching the Lakers' game Sunday night at his father's house in Corona when he saw images of the civil unrest on the TV news. He recognizedthe intersection of Pico Boulevard and Flower Street, where his store is located. Torres and his girlfriend, who works as the manager, jumped into their carand headed downtown.

About fifteen minutes later, their security company called, saying the store alarm had been triggered. When they arrived less than an hour after the game hadended, shoe boxes were scattered all over the block. Some shoes had been lit on fire and thrown down the street.

Torres and his girlfriend entered through the back door and saw the storage room all but empty. Fewer than 20 pairs of shoes were left out of 800 pairs theyhad in stock. The floor was littered with receipts, price tags, tissue paper and crumpled-up shoe boxes.

Torres' eyes grew teary at the sight. Neighbors told them the revelers had gone to the back of the store, and pulled and pulled at the white metal dooruntil it broke open, all the while chanting: "We want shoes, we want shoes." Glass display cases had been shattered. Two computers, cash, sunglassesand hats were also looted.

"It makes me not want to be a basketball fan," Torres said, adding that he opened the store near the Staples Center in November 2007 because he was afan and thought the post-game crowd would be the right clientele for his consignment sneakers.

He hand-picked a dark gray for the interior, lined the walls with plastic replicas of Frank Lloyd Wright's Ennis House design and put up lighting so hisshoes would be visible even when the store was closed. He tried to be at the shop after Lakers' games and had employees spin records on DJ equipment in theback.

Torres said he regrets not having been at the store Sunday night but knows he could have been hurt if he had been there.

"I thought it would be a whole different reaction" to the Lakers' victory, he said. "Usually after the games we get a real positiveresponse."

Torres estimated his loss at $140,000. He expected his insurance would cover it but noted that some of the vintage sneakers were irreplaceable. He said hehopes to reopen The Holy Grail by the end of the week.

This morning, police arrested a man and a woman who live in a loft in the building after finding six boxes of shoes in their apartment

Back
Top Bottom