Free Slave Statue on top of the Capitol Building vol. Statue of Freedom

Posted in the N-word thread, I thought it would be best to give it it's own thread for discussion.
front-page.jpg

[h1]Statue of Freedom[/h1]

[h2]Slaves Built the White House, U.S. Capitol (PBS- News Hour with Jim Lehrer)[/h2]

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/extra/video/blog/2009/01/slaves_built_the_white_house_u.html

Comenntary  by Jesse Holland  "Black Men Built the Capitol"

jesse_holland.jpg

BlackMenMechanical1.jpg

idk, did this deserve its own thread?

i was already aware that the White House was built by black slaves. almost everything requiring heavy labor was done by slaves back then.

i was already aware that the White House was built by black slaves. almost everything requiring heavy labor was done by slaves back then.

Originally Posted by DT43

I did it for those who weren't aware. 

Originally Posted by DT43

I did it for those who weren't aware. 

I'll check this out later after I get back from another BBQ.

Good looks on the info. I'm always down to learn more about the history of my people.

I'll check this out later after I get back from another BBQ.

Good looks on the info. I'm always down to learn more about the history of my people.

- Might be time to throw Roots on the Netflix...

- Here in Philadelphia we are constructing

preshouseschematic.jpg

The house shown above no longer exists, but it served as the "WhiteHouse" from 1790 to 1800 while Philadelphia was the capital of theUnited States. It stood on Market Street, one block north ofIndependence Hall. The entrance to the new Liberty Bell Center is atthe site where Washington ordered slave quarters built to house some of the nine enslaved persons of African descent he brought to Philadelphia.

kelly.jpg

kelly3.jpg

- Might be time to throw Roots on the Netflix...

- Here in Philadelphia we are constructing

preshouseschematic.jpg

The house shown above no longer exists, but it served as the "WhiteHouse" from 1790 to 1800 while Philadelphia was the capital of theUnited States. It stood on Market Street, one block north ofIndependence Hall. The entrance to the new Liberty Bell Center is atthe site where Washington ordered slave quarters built to house some of the nine enslaved persons of African descent he brought to Philadelphia.

kelly.jpg

kelly3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom