Fresh Prince of Bel Air 5's?

It'll be harder because of less stock and it being a random time. If it even happens at all. 
True, I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped a restock before and now and black Friday.  Try and get parents shopping for Christmas, large window I know but it would be as good of a time as any.  Why wait until after Black Friday parents would have already blown the Christmas budget on gifts.

I see these leveling out at $400 in a month but reaching crazy numbers later for DS pairs like the Raging Bull V... If LeBron denims can still command $350 and better, a Jordan 5 named/themed after Fresh Prince will ring bells for years in many "sneakerheads"/collectors heads.

It will get worst as the flicks hit Instagram, dudes/chicks gonna be itching to stunt lol
I hope so, some dude in line all night in the kids line (store literally had 2 lines, one for men's and one for kids) openly said he didn't want the shoes. So I paid him 170 (retail was like 127 after tax here) for his pair when he came out.

I'm gonna sit on it for a long while so I hope you're right.
They will. And the funny thing is I think the pairs with the mismatched liners will be more sought after. I've seen the madness with Undefeated dunks in the SB days, Limted colorful kicks sell. Throw on Fresh Prince and you got a big market outside of the sneaker community that craves them all of a sudden.

Flight Club had a few and they sold out at $375 and 1.5y is going for $150. No adult sizes are on the site now, so the next run is gonna be priced higher.

Sorry for the analyst talk people

They will. And the funny thing is I think the pairs with the mismatched liners will be more sought after.

Flight Club had a few and they sold out at $375 and 1.5y is going for $150. No adult sizes are on the site now, so the next run is gonna be priced higher.

Sorry for the analyst talk people
I was under the assumption all of them were mismatch, no two shoes were the same.  Left had a different liner than right.

I guess I sign on to add my two cents...failed miserably on NDC, moved as fast as I could and waited in line for 24 minutes and nothing....this makes it 0/4 on TLO. Not saying I'm condoning bots but how else can I level the playing field? Not only that but when I stood in line for a ticket at a local sneaker villa some guy that smelled really bad threaten to rape me if I didn't give him my ticket. Long story short-- two cop cars, 6 officers, some busted balls and a night in the county holding cell....it's safe to say I'm retiring my quest for exclusive Jordan's and only copping GRs when I can through connects. You try having some creep force his **** on u and you won't buy jays for a long time either

people are willing to spend $400-$500 easy for these, if you think they'll hit $250 by the end of the month then you outta your mind [emoji]128564[/emoji]

So my preorder for $250 was refunded today. Better than having to file a claim. I bet he saw the prices now and refunded and probably resold. I knew the gamble when I took it. Not willing to pay anymore over retail. I'll wait for the restock.

So my preorder for $250 was refunded today. Better than having to file a claim. I bet he saw the prices now and refunded and probably resold. I knew the gamble when I took it. Not willing to pay anymore over retail. I'll wait for the restock.
100% behind you on that if places like instyleshoes did a preorder for 100 bucks over retail I'll consider it

you guys gotta realized

these are small fly by night sights

once they see the prices rise either their not going to honor their original price

or they struck out camping and you could forget about filling any orders

why anyone would order off these crappy sites on major releases is beyond me

Last edited:
you guys gotta realized

these are small fly by night sights

once they see the prices rise either their not going to honor their original price

or they struck out camping and you could forget about filling any orders

why anyone would order off these crappy sites on major releases is beyond me
Yup preordering at this point is just as useful as paying any other guy to go camp honestly 

The way the hype is peaking with this shoe, if someone was smart they would try to trade, these Devil Ray 5s for some Fear 5s... IMO that would be like walking into an abandon brinks truck... Well not that good, but u get the idea

The resell value on this sneaker is definitely up there, but I wonder if some of these eBay auctions that are ending for 400 - 500 are legit. I just looked at a couple of sold listing and a lot of the winners have less than 5 feedback (in some cases, 0 feedback). Also, why would someone pay 450+ through aution-style bidding when there are BINs for this sneaker around 400? Something is off on some of these listings.

Last edited:
Pairs from JJ have shipped.

Didn't receive a shipping confirmation but I logged into my account and order status says shipped.

You might want to do the same if you ordered from JJ.

Last edited:
I'll add my .02... I've been collecting shoes since about 05... maybe 06. The game has def changed a lot and you simply have to adapt. Years ago I was on these same forums writing about how much I despised the resellers... Unfortunately at this point it is simply a part of the game. I have connects so it's no longer that long wait in line on release day and I'm guranteed every pair that releases... the thing is, how much is that luxury worth? Even if it's my homeboy's that work at the store, I still leave them a little tip when they hold the shoes for me... what's a little extra when I avoid the standing in line or striking out online after having to wake up super early or drive around etc... I norm get 2+ pairs of releases from diff stores and sometimes resell the extra pairs... Serves no purpose to sell a shoe to someone for 300 when the market value is like 450... that's basically like giving someone $150... How many of y'all are anxious to paypal people 150 every release :rolleyes It has become may way to adapt to the rising prices of the sneaker game. It's a hobby to all of us... Def not a need and I have tons of sneakers, the resell value not only helps when it comes to a little extra cash, but more importantly for trades that you struck out on with a hard release (Yeezy's, Air Mag's) Half of the people in the "game" now only want shoes because they are limited :rolleyes No point in whining...

PS: If it's another sneakerhead that you know well.. no harm in hookin em up for retail, I do that all the time and it goes both ways... :D

Still waiting on my shippin confirmation from nike , and I ordered 7:00 on the dot :smh:

Plus I got someone who want to buy these shoes

The way the hype is peaking with this shoe, if someone was smart they would try to trade, these Devil Ray 5s for some Fear 5s... IMO that would be like walking into an abandon brinks truck... Well not that good, but u get the idea

devil ray v's :lol:

apparently dtlr by my og crib had these but tried to do FCFS & they got shut down before it opened & had the shipment sent back :lol:

dudes going ham on these things

Last edited:
Hey I got a question for Bot Users that Meg smacked the fudge up with cancellations, have any of you called customer service to insist no bot was used and chewed the rep out while demanding the product you ordered be filled? Just curious to see if anybody has been able to get CS to say how they detect bot usage.

Hey I got a question for Bot Users that Meg smacked the fudge up with cancellations, have any of you called customer service to insist no bot was used and chewed the rep out while demanding the product you ordered be filled? Just curious to see if anybody has been able to get CS to say how they detect bot usage.
Customer service reps won't tell you anything - Meg is your contact with info, and she'll tell you the IT department flagged it for x reason.

I'll add my .02... I've been collecting shoes since about 05... maybe 06. The game has def changed a lot and you simply have to adapt. Years ago I was on these same forums writing about how much I despised the resellers... Unfortunately at this point it is simply a part of the game. I have connects so it's no longer that long wait in line on release day and I'm guranteed every pair that releases... the thing is, how much is that luxury worth? Even if it's my homeboy's that work at the store, I still leave them a little tip when they hold the shoes for me... what's a little extra when I avoid the standing in line or striking out online after having to wake up super early or drive around etc... I norm get 2+ pairs of releases from diff stores and sometimes resell the extra pairs... Serves no purpose to sell a shoe to someone for 300 when the market value is like 450... that's basically like giving someone $150... How many of y'all are anxious to paypal people 150 every release :rolleyes It has become may way to adapt to the rising prices of the sneaker game. It's a hobby to all of us... Def not a need and I have tons of sneakers, the resell value not only helps when it comes to a little extra cash, but more importantly for trades that you struck out on with a hard release (Yeezy's, Air Mag's) Half of the people in the "game" now only want shoes because they are limited :rolleyes No point in whining...

PS: If it's another sneakerhead that you know well.. no harm in hookin em up for retail, I do that all the time and it goes both ways... :D
Much respect man I ain't complaining or hating on resellers....I just know with certain releases I have to set a budget lol...trying to get all the shoes I want this year. I gotta feeling the Gamma 11s gone b the same way as these bel airs

Classic example of wishful thinking by someone waiting on their pair to arrive in the mail, hoping to cash-in before the prices start dropping...
Haha, this shoe was over $200 RETAIL. Pretty much every Jordan that is $160 retail is about $230+ everywhere else. There is no way this shoe is dropping below $300 resale. The GS sizes are going for just as much too!

With that said the pair I bought is going to be worn until they are falling apart.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom