Fresh Prince of Bel Air 5's?

I find it amusing how some can't believe these are selling for 400+, are you that blind/naive? 

Any 80s baby will tell you they grew up watching FP, a 90s pop culture phenomenon that made Will Smith a household name. A classic TV show that mixed comedy, family values and taught morale lessons which are absent in most TV shows today 

If people honestly pay over 2k for a pompous artist who thinks he is a demigod shoes then 400 for a a Will Smith alter ego PE is a steal even if he believes we came from aliens 

Just got the confirmation from FTL
Me too!
smokin.gif

Hey I got a question for Bot Users that Meg smacked the fudge up with cancellations, have any of you called customer service to insist no bot was used and chewed the rep out while demanding the product you ordered be filled? Just curious to see if anybody has been able to get CS to say how they detect bot usage.
Customer service won't have any answers for you, they'll tell you that someone will get back to you and that person will be meg.

A couple people claimed that they whined and got cancelled db5s to ship.

From my experience, that lady doesn't care about anybodys sob stories.
These gonna be $700 soon bet

Last edited:
Yup preordering at this point is just as useful as paying any other guy to go camp honestly 

yup your better off buying off a craigslist local seller or look on here or s o l e collector for a reseller

2013 has officially become 'the year of the reseller"

i have never seen so many pro reseller threads on major releases in 2013 from all the years i have been on niketalk

Last edited:
These gonna be $700 soon bet

if that happens i'm dumping my pair
i could see it with all these current crazy prices

i had to pay that much for the db'5's that i really wanted

i wish i would have won a rsvp for them over a raffle for the bel airs

let some other thirsty fellow pay what i paid for a silly shoe

I'll add my .02... I've been collecting shoes since about 05... maybe 06. The game has def changed a lot and you simply have to adapt. Years ago I was on these same forums writing about how much I despised the resellers... Unfortunately at this point it is simply a part of the game. I have connects so it's no longer that long wait in line on release day and I'm guranteed every pair that releases... the thing is, how much is that luxury worth? Even if it's my homeboy's that work at the store, I still leave them a little tip when they hold the shoes for me... what's a little extra when I avoid the standing in line or striking out online after having to wake up super early or drive around etc... I norm get 2+ pairs of releases from diff stores and sometimes resell the extra pairs... Serves no purpose to sell a shoe to someone for 300 when the market value is like 450... that's basically like giving someone $150... How many of y'all are anxious to paypal people 150 every release :rolleyes It has become may way to adapt to the rising prices of the sneaker game. It's a hobby to all of us... Def not a need and I have tons of sneakers, the resell value not only helps when it comes to a little extra cash, but more importantly for trades that you struck out on with a hard release (Yeezy's, Air Mag's) Half of the people in the "game" now only want shoes because they are limited :rolleyes No point in whining...

PS: If it's another sneakerhead that you know well.. no harm in hookin em up for retail, I do that all the time and it goes both ways... :D

This. I Bought a ton of shoes and put in lots of leg work to build relationships so I can just even get general releases with no wait or raffle or whatever. So its easy for someone who just believes everything should be handed to them to scream dirty reseller. I buy shoes because I like and want them, not because they only made x number of pairs or because all my friends have it. Which allows me to easily pass on a shoe when prices reach insane numbers. Because even though I love shoes and collecting, I still know its just a shoe. So why shouldn't I tax the people who buy into all the hype? They only have themselves to blame as they fuel the entire thing. But of course no one ever wants to accept blame for any of it. Much easier to just scream filthy reseller.

I do not make a living selling shoes. My goal at the end of the day is to make all of my shoes free. If I make more, its a bonus. The main ones that are so upset are the ones who have no connections. They are simply jealous as if they had the opportunity, they'd do the same. I will continue to get all the free money I can and not feel bad in the least about it.

Last edited:

Lol yet you paid how much for a silly shoe though?

No shoe is worth more than the retail price honestly, but realistically i would say $250 max though IMO (even though I paid $280 for concords and regretted it afterwards, especially because FNL did that random concord restock literally the next day after i dropped the $280. Only time ive spent over $200 for a shoe)

Anyway, I love these and have wanted them since the first REAL pictures surfaced. But if prices are gonna get that extreme I will sell mine and have no shame in my game about it. Put that money towards my vacation next year

Last edited:

No shoe is worth more than the retail price honestly, but realistically i would say $250 though IMO (even though I paid $280 for concords and regretted it afterwards, especially because FNL did that random concord restock literally the next day after i dropped the $280. Only time ive spent over $200 for a shoe)

Anyway, I love these and have wanted them since the first REAL pictures surfaced. But if prices are gonna get that extreme I will sell mine and have no shame in my game about it. Put that money towards my vacation next year

well i guess your living under a rock

you do see what shoes are going for this year with the before and after release day prices for stuff

if you want something in this hobby you have to pay

if not then your camping or not buying anything at all

No shoe is worth more than the retail price honestly, but realistically i would say $250 max though IMO (even though I paid $280 for concords and regretted it afterwards, especially because FNL did that random concord restock literally the next day after i dropped the $280. Only time ive spent over $200 for a shoe)

A shoe that is silly to one is not silly to another. And a shoe not being worth more than retail is a matter of opinion. Any item including shoes are worth whatever someone is willing to pay. Now, you may feel its not worth it to YOU, but that doesn't change the fact its worth that amount to someone. The secondary market once a shoe sells out proves a ton of people feel general release Jordan's are routinely worth $210-$230 as they sell for that with ease.

Just because the retail price is your cut off limit doesn't mean that's all its worth. The numbers that limited releases move for are solid evidence of that.

I'll add my .02... I've been collecting shoes since about 05... maybe 06. The game has def changed a lot and you simply have to adapt. Years ago I was on these same forums writing about how much I despised the resellers... Unfortunately at this point it is simply a part of the game. I have connects so it's no longer that long wait in line on release day and I'm guranteed every pair that releases... the thing is, how much is that luxury worth? Even if it's my homeboy's that work at the store, I still leave them a little tip when they hold the shoes for me... what's a little extra when I avoid the standing in line or striking out online after having to wake up super early or drive around etc... I norm get 2+ pairs of releases from diff stores and sometimes resell the extra pairs... Serves no purpose to sell a shoe to someone for 300 when the market value is like 450... that's basically like giving someone $150... How many of y'all are anxious to paypal people 150 every release
eyes.gif
It has become may way to adapt to the rising prices of the sneaker game. It's a hobby to all of us... Def not a need and I have tons of sneakers, the resell value not only helps when it comes to a little extra cash, but more importantly for trades that you struck out on with a hard release (Yeezy's, Air Mag's) Half of the people in the "game" now only want shoes because they are limited
eyes.gif
No point in whining...

PS: If it's another sneakerhead that you know well.. no harm in hookin em up for retail, I do that all the time and it goes both ways...
happy.gif
completely agree with u man. after taking a few years off sneakers, i came back when i saw the KD iv galaxys and kobe vii galaxys.... and it took a while to really adapt to all the RSVPs, raffles, bots... 

but honestly, i only have a problem with resellers who dont know jack about sneakers.... i see a bunch of em on FB groups and met some through CL...

and i also hate shady spots like Shoe Palace, i understand to save maybe 1-5 pairs for regular customers or whatever, but when people wait all night to 

only find out the whole store is ONLY selling 3 total pairs... thats effed 

--i also "started" going in on sneakers around 2005. I currently have 40 pairs of Air forces ones that no one is no longer interested in lol, but i still rock them 

A shoe that is silly to one is not silly to another. And a shoe not being worth more than retail is a matter of opinion. Any item including shoes are worth whatever someone is willing to pay. Now, you may feel its not worth it to YOU, but that doesn't change the fact its worth that amount to someone. The secondary market once a shoe sells out proves a ton of people feel general release Jordan's are routinely worth $210-$230 as they sell for that with ease.

Just because the retail price is your cut off limit doesn't mean that's all its worth. The numbers that limited releases move for are solid evidence of that.

I guess no one caught the all caps of IMO after i said $250 max ....

As I stated, IMO I feel its only worth retail yet I will give a shoe up to $250 depending on what it is. Ive bought things for more than retail before but $280 was my highest and i was mad at myself afterwards. But i got the shoe I wanted so I paid the price.

I never said anything about the next man wanting a shoe at a different value was a problem. Its your $$ you do what you want with it, no one can control that but you.

When the price becomes ridiculous TO ME, I would rather do something else with my money then spend it on a shoe that I will put in rotation with 50 other pairs

Im not oblivious to the secondary market, the shoe is worth what the buyer puts into it which is no where near the cost of production per shoe. So if someone wants to give me $450+ for these Bel-Air's I will gladly take that suckas money lol

Not disagreeing with anyone, its all a matter of opinion and how bad you want it

Last edited:
I currently have 40 pairs of Air forces ones that no one is no longer interested in lol, but i still rock them 
NICE!! I buy 2 pairs of white/white every year ... once in the winter and once in the summer because i wear them that much. Actually today I have on the canvas pair that released a few months ago. I love AF1s

So my preorder for $250 was refunded today. Better than having to file a claim. I bet he saw the prices now and refunded and probably resold. I knew the gamble when I took it. Not willing to pay anymore over retail. I'll wait for the restock.

SORRY ABOUT THAT MAN. REASON WHY I DON'T MESS WITH PRE-ORDERS. I WAS JUST GOING THROUGH THE CRAP LOAD OF PM'S I GET AND I SAW YOUR PM. I COULD OF GOT THEM FOR YOU SINCE YOU WERE GONNA BE OUT OF TOWN.

MY SHIPPING STATUS ON MY PAIR JUST UPDATED. WEDNESDAY DELIVERY :pimp:

i meant to say 250-300. why? well for one theres a huge shipment of delayed product hitting a lot of retailers. fc is a good sign of pricing. you net $360 after fee. most the ebayers that have $400-$600 ending auctions are either fake or the exception. remember when someone paid an nter $1200 for a pair of wc 4s in 2004?

I sold 12 pairs saturday for $350 a pop in less than an hr. i just dont see the value of these going past $350 in the future.

completely agree with u man. after taking a few years off sneakers, i came back when i saw the KD iv galaxys and kobe vii galaxys.... and it took a while to really adapt to all the RSVPs, raffles, bots... 

but honestly, i only have a problem with resellers who dont know jack about sneakers.... i see a bunch of em on FB groups and met some through CL...

and i also hate shady spots like Shoe Palace, i understand to save maybe 1-5 pairs for regular customers or whatever, but when people wait all night to 
only find out the whole store is ONLY selling 3 total pairs... thats effed

Welcome back to 2013 sneaker game. Shady shops, crooked employees, kids reseller, and high prices. In 2013 you either Play or get played. Forget what you know in 2005, it's the new millennium now.

Last edited:
I entered a raffle a couple of times at shoe palace. I have waited until the end of the day to see in the paper the sizes people requested and no one requested my size or the half size under my size. So I think it's a done deal and I never get a phone call. I call the next day and they said that they never got my size period and they never get a half size like 11.5. Absolute shady non sense.

I find it amusing how some can't believe these are selling for 400+, are you that blind/naive? 

Any 80s baby will tell you they grew up watching FP, a 90s pop culture phenomenon that made Will Smith a household name. A classic TV show that mixed comedy, family values and taught morale lessons which are absent in most TV shows today 

If people honestly pay over 2k for a pompous artist who thinks he is a demigod shoes then 400 for a a Will Smith alter ego PE is a steal even if he believes we came from aliens 
Lol but we did come from aliens. They infused their DNA with the Cro magnon/ape man and created intelligent humans. They are the missing link. Moving on.

Last edited:
I entered a raffle a couple of times at shoe palace. I have waited until the end of the day to see in the paper the sizes people requested and no one requested my size or the half size under my size. So I think it's a done deal and I never get a phone call. I call the next day and they said that they never got my size period and they never get a half size like 11.5. Absolute shady non sense.
Shoe Palace probably one of the most grimy stores but can be cool too.

At my local spot, I just gotta purchase nike/jordan brand merchandise to lock down a pair, Or just enter the raffle like anyone else.

I think people are forgetting that these didn't release over sea's, which usually will contribute to a higher resell price.

Shoe Palace probably one of the most grimy stores but can be cool too.
At my local spot, I just gotta purchase nike/jordan brand merchandise to lock down a pair, Or just enter the raffle like anyone else.
they blocked me from commenting because I posted the secret links they gave when they did the galaxy zoom rookie restock that never happened.

True, I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped a restock before and now and black Friday.  Try and get parents shopping for Christmas, large window I know but it would be as good of a time as any.  Why wait until after Black Friday parents would have already blown the Christmas budget on gifts.
That would be smart considering every kid and teen but a few wanted them. Even the ones who don't want Jordan's like that was trying online or in that long line at 2 a.m.in the morning for these. Still confused on why nike limited these.

I complimented a guy on his shoes Saturday night at work. Some random old lady then asks me if I got the "Bel Airs." I explained I did not but spent 4 hours clicking, trying to. She assured me (it was really strange
ohwell.gif
) with a sly grin and a head nod that there would be more and that I would get mine. Here's to that random old lady! I hope she knows as well as she thinks she does...

Back
Top Bottom