Full Hip Hop-Related Grammy Nomination List

Originally Posted by Bozo7000

Still
mad.gif
Alicia Keys EOF was not nominated
THIS!

^ The Grammy's are known to be a joke and have been a joke for years now. This time is no different.

^ The Grammy's are known to be a joke and have been a joke for years now. This time is no different.

Originally Posted by Diego

Grammys are only good for performances, any awards show for that matter.

No way Im going to let those old uppity folk try to tell a cat from the inner city what good hip hop is.
Woord because only they know what good hip hop is
ohwell.gif
, you sound just like those lunatics from the tea party.
No the grammy isnt the end all be all of whos good (word to young mc and tone loc), but it still counts for something...To write them off  because your favorite artist didnt get a nod is just silly.

No way Im going to let those old uppity folk try to tell a cat from the inner city what good hip hop is.
ohwell.gif
No the grammy isnt the end all be all of whos good (word to young mc and tone loc), but it still counts for something...To write them off  because your favorite artist didnt get a nod is just silly.

This Eminem fascination is bewildering. ...so many other deserving people
30t6p3b.gif
That Ross got not ONE nomination is ridiculous. I think Jay shouldn't have gotten a recommendation for On to the Next One. Empire State is the obvious nomination but for real? To think one of the best years in rap is illustrated with even MORE disconnect from what is actually going on in the genre.

This Eminem fascination is bewildering. ...so many other deserving people
30t6p3b.gif
That Ross got not ONE nomination is ridiculous. I think Jay shouldn't have gotten a recommendation for On to the Next One. Empire State is the obvious nomination but for real? To think one of the best years in rap is illustrated with even MORE disconnect from what is actually going on in the genre.

Here's the thing with EMINEM.

His praise is LONG OVERDUE. Very Long overdue... Even though his work right now may not justify the awards he should have been given this a few years ago when he was at his peak.

This happens a lot in the music business. They try to make up for it by rewarding you later on.

His praise is LONG OVERDUE. Very Long overdue... Even though his work right now may not justify the awards he should have been given this a few years ago when he was at his peak.

This happens a lot in the music business. They try to make up for it by rewarding you later on.

Originally Posted by truthteller

ohwell.gif
That's how it is on NT though. The guy I like didn't get it, so therefore it's not worth anything. These same dudes complain about the nba all star game voting also. And some of the picks you guys wanted to get it aren't worth the grammy mention. The only valid one mentioned was alicia keys. I don't know how she didn't get it.

Originally Posted by truthteller

ohwell.gif
That's how it is on NT though. The guy I like didn't get it, so therefore it's not worth anything. These same dudes complain about the nba all star game voting also. And some of the picks you guys wanted to get it aren't worth the grammy mention. The only valid one mentioned was alicia keys. I don't know how she didn't get it.

Em completely conquered 2010, his album has hit 3 milli and it's still selling, i mean when is this guy ever gonna get his respect? dude deserves his nominations

Em completely conquered 2010, his album has hit 3 milli and it's still selling, i mean when is this guy ever gonna get his respect? dude deserves his nominations

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Im Just glad the at least put the Roots on there, even though it should but probably wont win

What did you really expect? The Grammy is ran by the white media you think winning a grammy means anything to real rap fans?

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Im Just glad the at least put the Roots on there, even though it should but probably wont win

What did you really expect? The Grammy is ran by the white media you think winning a grammy means anything to real rap fans?

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

Spoiler [+]
[table][tr][th=""]Year[/th][th=""]Nominated work[/th][th=""]Award[/th][th=""]Result[/th][/tr][tr][td]2000[/td][td]"My Name Is"[/td][td]Best Rap Solo Performance[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"The Slim Shady LP"[/td][td]Best Rap Album[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Guilty Conscience" feat. Dr.Dre[/td][td]Best Rap Performance By A Duo Or Group[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]2001[/td][td]"The Real Slim Shady"[/td][td]Best Rap Solo Performance[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Forgot About Dre" with Dr.Dre[/td][td]Best Rap Performance By A Duo Or Group[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"The Marshall Mathers LP"[/td][td]Best Rap Album[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"The Marshall Mathers LP"[/td][td]Album Of The Year[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]2003[/td][td]"Without Me"[/td][td]Best Short Form Music Video[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"The Eminem Show"[/td][td]Best Rap Album[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Without Me"[/td][td]Best Rap Solo Performance[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Without Me"[/td][td]Record Of The Year[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]"The Eminem Show"[/td][td]Album Of The Year[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]2004[/td][td]"Lose Yourself"[/td][td]Best Rap Solo Performance[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Lose Yourself"[/td][td]Best Rap Song[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Lose Yourself"[/td][td]Record Of The Year[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Lose Yourself"[/td][td]Song Of The Year[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Lose Yourself"[/td][td]Best Song Written For A Motion Picture[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]2005[/td][td]"Just Lose It"[/td][td]Best Rap Solo Performance[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]2006[/td][td]"Encore"[/td][td]Best Rap Album[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Mockingbird"[/td][td]Best Rap Solo Performance[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Encore/Curtains Down" feat. Dr.Dre & 50 Cent[/td][td]Best Rap Performance By A Duo Or Group[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]2007[/td][td]"Smack That" with Akon[/td][td]Best Rap/Sung Collaboration[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Shake That" feat. Nate Dogg[/td][td]Best Rap/Sung Collaboration[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]2010[/td][td]"Crack A Bottle" feat. Dr. Dre & 50 Cent[/td][td]Best Rap Performance By A Duo Or Group[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Relapse"[/td][td]Best Rap Album[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Beautiful"[/td][td]Best Rap Solo Performance[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]2011[/td][td]"Recovery"[/td][td]Album Of The Year[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Recovery"[/td][td]Best Rap Album[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Love The Way You Lie" feat. Rihanna[/td][td]Record Of The Year[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Love The Way You Lie" feat. Rihanna[/td][td]Song Of The Year[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Love The Way You Lie" feat. Rihanna[/td][td]Best Rap Song[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Love The Way You Lie" feat. Rihanna[/td][td]Best Rap/Sung Collaboration[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Love The Way You Lie" feat. Rihanna[/td][td]Best Short Form Music Video[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Not Afraid"[/td][td]Best Rap Song[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Not Afraid"[/td][td]Best Rap Solo Performance[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Airplanes, Part II" with B.o.B & Hayley Williams[/td][td]Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][/table]
Maybe I'm missing something here?

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

Spoiler [+]
[table][tr][th=""]Year[/th][th=""]Nominated work[/th][th=""]Award[/th][th=""]Result[/th][/tr][tr][td]2000[/td][td]"My Name Is"[/td][td]Best Rap Solo Performance[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"The Slim Shady LP"[/td][td]Best Rap Album[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Guilty Conscience" feat. Dr.Dre[/td][td]Best Rap Performance By A Duo Or Group[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]2001[/td][td]"The Real Slim Shady"[/td][td]Best Rap Solo Performance[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Forgot About Dre" with Dr.Dre[/td][td]Best Rap Performance By A Duo Or Group[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"The Marshall Mathers LP"[/td][td]Best Rap Album[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"The Marshall Mathers LP"[/td][td]Album Of The Year[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]2003[/td][td]"Without Me"[/td][td]Best Short Form Music Video[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"The Eminem Show"[/td][td]Best Rap Album[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Without Me"[/td][td]Best Rap Solo Performance[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Without Me"[/td][td]Record Of The Year[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]"The Eminem Show"[/td][td]Album Of The Year[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]2004[/td][td]"Lose Yourself"[/td][td]Best Rap Solo Performance[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Lose Yourself"[/td][td]Best Rap Song[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Lose Yourself"[/td][td]Record Of The Year[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Lose Yourself"[/td][td]Song Of The Year[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Lose Yourself"[/td][td]Best Song Written For A Motion Picture[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]2005[/td][td]"Just Lose It"[/td][td]Best Rap Solo Performance[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]2006[/td][td]"Encore"[/td][td]Best Rap Album[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Mockingbird"[/td][td]Best Rap Solo Performance[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Encore/Curtains Down" feat. Dr.Dre & 50 Cent[/td][td]Best Rap Performance By A Duo Or Group[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]2007[/td][td]"Smack That" with Akon[/td][td]Best Rap/Sung Collaboration[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Shake That" feat. Nate Dogg[/td][td]Best Rap/Sung Collaboration[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]2010[/td][td]"Crack A Bottle" feat. Dr. Dre & 50 Cent[/td][td]Best Rap Performance By A Duo Or Group[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Relapse"[/td][td]Best Rap Album[/td][td]Won[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Beautiful"[/td][td]Best Rap Solo Performance[/td][td]Nominated[/td][/tr][tr][td]2011[/td][td]"Recovery"[/td][td]Album Of The Year[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Recovery"[/td][td]Best Rap Album[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Love The Way You Lie" feat. Rihanna[/td][td]Record Of The Year[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Love The Way You Lie" feat. Rihanna[/td][td]Song Of The Year[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Love The Way You Lie" feat. Rihanna[/td][td]Best Rap Song[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Love The Way You Lie" feat. Rihanna[/td][td]Best Rap/Sung Collaboration[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Love The Way You Lie" feat. Rihanna[/td][td]Best Short Form Music Video[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Not Afraid"[/td][td]Best Rap Song[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Not Afraid"[/td][td]Best Rap Solo Performance[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][tr][td]"Airplanes, Part II" with B.o.B & Hayley Williams[/td][td]Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals[/td][td]Pending[/td][/tr][/table]
Maybe I'm missing something here?

Lady Antebellum will probably sweep the Grammys and Eminem will probably sweep in the Hip Hop categories.

Although, I do wish that B.O.B would win at least a grammy cause that song was huge.

Lady Antebellum will probably sweep the Grammys and Eminem will probably sweep in the Hip Hop categories.

Although, I do wish that B.O.B would win at least a grammy cause that song was huge.

Back
Top Bottom