FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

Dude didn't say all soul musicals corny.

Same way youndont say all rap is corny (but hey let us know).

Y'all just clearly have different tastes. That transcends age. You don't necessarily grow to like soul musicncuz you're older.

[thread="652509"]is it suprising for a show like this to win a GG ?[/thread]
[thread="652509"]considering its subject material[/thread]
[thread="652509"] [/thread]
[thread="652509"]i have no clue about the GG but i just didnt think that atlanta would translate to a mainstream audience. [/thread]
[thread="652509"]the only people i know who have watched this show are minorities. [/thread]

is this unprecedented? i guess is what im asking

I'm curious too.

I didn't even know the show was nominated for anything, so these wins are beyond surprising to me.

^ Critical acclaim and overwhelming praise definitely edged it towards winning.

Let's not forget that goofy Hollywood is trying to catch up on this whole "minorities are talented and creative" phenomenon.

Last edited:
is it suprising for a show like this to win a GG ?considering its subject materi

i have no clue about the GG but i just didnt think that atlanta would translate to a mainstream audience.the only people i know who have watched this show are minorities. 

is this unprecedented? i guess is what im asking
No to both questions.

I don't know why so many ppl are surprised. All the tv award shows keep their eyes on FX now. Been that way a few years.

Seems like a lot of yall think of the show as some hidden secret that not many new about. We just not in that world anymore especially post no minorities nominated outrage. Even Insecure got nominations.

Last edited:
I was never really a fan of Gambino's music but I loved his show. It deserves whatever praise it gets. Good to see the Golden Globes recognizing it.

Golden Globes have been a lot more "progressive" than say the Oscars. Especially lately.

I'll always give props to the Golden Globes for giving Mickey Rourke the Best Actor award for The Wrestler. The Oscars gave the Best Actor award to Sean Penn 
mad.gif

I'll always give props to the Golden Globes for giving Mickey Rourke the Best Actor award for The Wrestler. The Oscars gave the Best Actor award to Sean Penn 
mad.gif
Oscars wouldn't let Rourke win that just based off his history/reputation.

Oscars wouldn't let Rourke win that just based off his history/reputation.
They shouldn't have nominated him in the first place then. RIP to Harvey Milk but the movie was boring af.
Well that's not how the voting works.

Can't just ban dude from getting nominated. In the end, the majority voted for Penn. To them Rourke was just good enough to get nominated.

I remember sitting in the Comcast store and seeing it being the #1 show either new or just in general after the fifth show

Back
Top Bottom