GEARS OF WAR 3, release: Sep 20, 2011, BETA: Apr 18 (Bulletstorm Epic), Apr 25 - May 15 (ever. else)

xtapolapacetl

Banned
gow3ratingx360front.jpg

It plays like Gears, has a ton more depth, is probably the best looking game on the 360 and it’s a +%!# of fun... what’s not to love? Refined, polished and bloody addictive; that’s Gears of War 3’s multiplayer in a nutshell. Don’t believe us? Well, there’s a beta in early 2011, so we’ll wait till then to say we told you so.

It’s safe to say that Gears 3 is shaping up to be the most refined and polished game that’s ever come out of Epic – and it’s still a year off! The changes in the multiplayer maybe subtle, but the sum of all its parts means that when you look at it as a whole, it’s impressive how much they’ve achieved... and we‘re just talking from a multiplayer standpoint here.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1126271p1.html

http://www.xbox360achieve...ht--We-TDM-In-Hell-.html

Long story short:

*Multiplayer beta in early 2011
*Dedicated servers
*Character customization

med_MP_TDM_Overpass.jpg

gears3Thrashball+Cole+MP+Variant.jpg

med_MP_KOTH_Trenches.jpg

med_MP_CTL_Trenches.jpg

med_gears11.jpg

med_gears3Sam-in-Mercy.jpg

med_gears3Bernie-MP-Variant.jpg

med_gow3mpmapthrashball.jpg

gears-of-war-3-20100608042216246_640w.jpg

gears3brightgreenlancer.jpg

gears3brownlancer.jpg

gears3cogemblemlancer.jpg

gears3goldstripedlancer.jpg

gears3greylancer.jpg

gears3greenstripedlancer.jpg

gears3pinklancer.jpg

gears3qgreenlancer.jpg

gears3whitestripedlancer.jpg

gears3goldlancer.jpg

gears3OneShot+Heavy+Sniper.jpg

gears3DiggerLauncher01.jpg

gears3DiggerLauncher02.jpg

gears3Digger+Projectile.jpg

gears3Flame+Grenade.jpg

gears3RetroLancer01.jpg

gears3RetroLancer02.jpg

gears-of-war-3-20100608041743490_640w.jpg

gears-of-war-3-20100608042043843_640w.jpg

gears-of-war-3-20100608042224261_640w.jpg

Beast Mode preview:

I literally have never been hyped for a game release as much as this. I thought this would be like Gears 2, and we would have to live through all the glitches again, but now that a beta is coming, they will discover the glitches + dedicated servers means no lag.

i was looking forward to april but now it got pushed back to like xmas???

damn.

i love gears.. its the reason i bought xbox. but gears 2 was terrible. As nice as this looks, i really cant get myself into it just yet. Gears 2 kind of ruined the franchise for me
frown.gif

GOW2's multiplayer was perfect. No issues at all, ever. Just like the first. I see that trend continuing with this one.
eyes.gif

Single Player is a ton of fun though.

Xtapolapacetl wrote:
gears3OneShot+Heavy+Sniper.jpg

hopefully this lives up to its name and is a ONE SHOT ONE KILL.
smile.gif

nontheless the game looks good had a 1.7 KD in annex on GOW2

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

i love gears.. its the reason i bought xbox. but gears 2 was terrible. As nice as this looks, i really cant get myself into it just yet. Gears 2 kind of ruined the franchise for me
frown.gif

Gears 2 multiplayer was horrible when the game first came out, all kinds of monstrous lagging and glitches. It took a lot of patches and updates, but the multiplayer functions properly almost every time now.

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

GOW2's multiplayer was perfect. No issues at all, ever. Just like the first. I see that trend continuing with this one.
eyes.gif

Single Player is a ton of fun though.

Neither Gears 1 nor Gears 2 had a public multiplayer beta nor dedicated servers, which is what they're promising for Gears 3.

looks good, too bad i stopped playing vid games

def gon mess with it though, im pretty sure my bro is going to cop

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

GOW2's multiplayer was perfect. No issues at all, ever. 
I'm guessing you didn't play multiplayer the first few months the game was out  
eyes.gif

Great interview about new multiplayer features in Gears 3, will have a game mode similar to team deathmatch:

Im an absolute beast in Gears 1 and 2 and I see that continuing into 3. I really cant wait though. I still play gears 2 a lot. If any of yall play hit me up GT - Creekshow5

I played Gears 2 multiplayer to death, and there was no better feeling than being host in a match
pimp.gif

I really hope that they REALLY fix the lag issue, and i hope that sawed of shotty aint OP
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom