Gentrification

Last edited:
:rofl:

"this is really awkward and weird... youre being really weird man..... you're being awkward and disastrously weird"

...says the most awkward guy in the clip

So did they end up playing 7 on 7 or what ? Looks like a few of the "tech" guys were down but awkward bro in the hat wasn't having it

Last edited:
speaking of the mission, I was on 26th and mission over the weekend and to be straight up, I am so glad to see the changes. the mission used to be a **** hole. nothing like driving through the mission and having 19th street surenos throw bottles at my car because it was red. it was nice to see no nortenos on the corner of 24th. and i speak as a latino.

those techies better be careful because those paisas are quick to stab someone and bounce down south. guarantee homie with the hat had a filero in his back pocket. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Its really sad being born and raised in the city and seeing my old neigborhood go away like this. I used to go play soccer at that park before, it used to be really beat up but all the kids an adults would still play on the cement. Now with the higher cost of living in sf your seeing all the low income latino families leaving the mission.

You calling dibs on a public park ma? son would've got dropped for talking to me like I'm dumb and putting the paper in my face.

Can't wait for the app that reserves the swings and monkey bars for kids before they arrive at the park. Smh

the city messed up too. when a space is reserved signs are suppose to be posted in advance stating. but these tech bros have better places to go. some of these companies even have full gyms and fields but they decide to come and flex their powers. they could have easily came and said we got next and I'm sure the kids would have been happy.

You calling dibs on a public park ma? son would've got dropped for talking to me like I'm dumb and putting the paper in my face.

I play soccer with a mix of Africans and Latinos and they would not appreciate some dude talking to us like this.

Felt like punching those dudes when I first saw that video. Drove by my old neighborhood the other day and it just feels so different. Wouldn't be surprised if my old house is occupied by a bunch of hipsters.

Those dudes need to get over themselves. Kids playing soccer and you gonna run up saying this is our time we paid for it :lol:

The rules of pick-up...if you want to play exclusively with your folks you need to show up at odd hours or you play with everyone else. Whoever allowed that reservation system must have never played sports.

If this was supposed to be a Dropbox event like the article says they should drop some cash and rent out a private field. Gentrification can be a good thing on some level. But when people move into a place and have no respect for its culture :smh:

Last edited:

"this is really awkward and weird... youre being really weird man..... you're being awkward and disastrously weird"

So did they end up playing 7 on 7 or what ? Looks like a few of the "tech" guys were down but awkward bro in the hat wasn't having it

dont think they did.
one of the guys apologized on twitter after the video was released (16 days after it happened)
the other guy deleted his twitter/google/linkedin acct
dropbox made a statement as well

Wait. So was this an official city government app they used? Or just some ******** social media hangout/meetup app?

dont think they did.
one of the guys apologized on twitter after the video was released (16 days after it happened)
:nerd:
More details please.

Wait. So was this an official city government app they used? Or just some ******** social media hangout/meetup app?
i believe they used a app service that handles all the paperwork for you for an additional fee. 

dont think they did.
:nerd:
More details please.
Link - http://valleywag.gawker.com/dropbox-douchebags-tried-to-kick-children-off-a-soccer-1644947724
:lol:

there are pick up games at the school near me...ill walk by sometime and think that looks like fun...

lots of people show too...id guess 50-60 people including fambs 

When my little ese with the rat tail told that sucker to "call the cops, I don't care" 
pimp.gif

When A**hole Kutcher asked the cameraman who he was and he just said "I'm doin me, man." 
roll.gif
. Reminded me of Surveillance Cameraman.

What the **** is 'disastrously weird' tho?

I really hope they didn't get to play, I think this is horrible.

I'd love to see them rent out a popular basketball court while some brothers are playing a pick up game. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom