GET OUT -- New horror film about black man meeting white gf's parents. Looks creepy.

This is the only negative review for get out... and of course its by an uncle ruckus.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/445206/jordan-peeles-get-out-trite-get-******-movie

So now it has a 99 instead of 100 on Rotten tomatoes. This dude is terrible. He didnt connect basic concepts in the movie. Then did that hyper analyze thing where they try to act like everything has a historic orientation and theyre the only ones smart enough to catch it.

sparknotes:
this movie sucks cuz its stereotypical left shill by defending obama
this movie sucks cuz peele tried to make the main character resemble the one in I Am Not Your Negro
this movie sucks because the main character is supposed to be Sambo, he has dark skin and bright white teeth
this movie sucks because its a horror-COMEDY(wtf?! comedy?)

I have seen several people ask/state if it had a comedic tone.

I personally didn't sense one. Yes the friend was funny, yes, it had it's funny moments. But over all I didn't feel that way at all.

The humor is used as it would be in real life, to cut the underlying tension and fear surrounding everything. It wasn't forced at all, so that's one of a few reasons why I see this movie as straight-up horror.

yea the way they tie in the brothers chokes were good. i love how "andre" was in the beginning when he saw the car coming then he started walking the other way lol. DEFINITELY wouldve done that in real life. as for the brother, they let u know without a doubt it was him because of the mma and "he was gonna put you in a chokehold" line, and then in the end it was the same white car AND the mask in the passenger seat.

the tension in the climax when he was going after the family was EXCELLENT. the moment when chris was staring at the mom across the room and they just understood what was about to happen. that felt genuine lol. she had this "theres no point in asking for mercy" look on her face. and then he took the stab to the hand and ignored it. dude was FOCUSED on killing that female lol.

a lot of the things were GREAT tho. one of the things that stuck out to me was the first hypnotize scene when he didnt realize he was under hypnosis already. and he was crying as a result. its like he was being dragged through his own memory against his will and he really communicated that. but the moment that did it was when she pulled him out of the memory then

"ok, now sink into the floor"

o_O "wait, what?!"

"SINK" *tap*

he sinks into the upside down/the dark world from sinister/the abyss

the way she commanded him and he just instantly got screwed. that was terrifying. theyre going to tear up the oscars and awards next year. only thing im left wondering is did they go back to get andre, and will they now go after the town since everyone is in on it. also, now we know the groundskeeper and the maid were their grandma and grandpa... but were they still under hypnosis? i thought after the mind swap is done, its a wrap. but the grandma and grandpa were still hypnotized i think, cuz why else is the grandma a maid and the groundskeeper works all day?

Movie was way deeper than I expected. I'm honestly blown away that Jordan Peele is woke to this degree. I always wrote him off as corny. ****, was I wrong.

And Redbone at the beginning? Wow! That surprised the hell outta me. I have so much to say about this piece of art. It's late though. Time to read the thread and ko.

The tea reminded me of this...

Last edited:
Didn't realize it was the brother in the beginning of the movie until thinking about the car. Really enjoyed this movie

Movie was way deeper than I expected. I'm honestly blown away that Jordan Peele is woke to this degree. I always wrote him off as corny. ****, was I wrong.

And Redbone at the beginning? Wow! That surprised the hell outta me. I have so much to say about this piece of art. It's late though. Time to read the thread and ko.

The tea reminded me of this...

That tea cup likely shares its own symbolic reference. Interesting how that was used as the primary form of hypnosis given the history of slavery ancestors as dinner servants.

By using an object associated with subservience in those days the mother figured she was able to root an ingrained form of trauma to aid in her hypnosis.

I also just realized that at the dinner table the brother kept talking about MMA and tried to grab Chris in a rear naked choke. The same way he ended up grabbing Chris at the end, AND the same way he took Darius in the very first scene of the movie...

Didn't realize that it was the brother until just now, but you're right :lol: The final fight between them and the way Chris used his own advice against him was one of my favorite parts of the film.

I am not taking Armond White serious at all, but it sucks that his review was one that brought the RT score down. Not to mention one of his best movies reviewed is Fantastic Four Rise of The Silver Surfer.

Man I hope Chris is alright after all that messing with his head.

I was scared thinking that the ending was all a dream in his head until his boy showed up. Agents of SHIELD planted that in my head.

Didn't realize that it was the brother until just now, but you're right
laugh.gif
The final fight between them and the way Chris used his own advice against him was one of my favorite parts of the film.
You can also see the helmet he had on when he kidnapped Brooklyn dude was on the front seat when Chris was tryna escape
After Georgina started showing signs of "over powering" the grandma my girl mentioned that she might've been the one who was leaving that door open that led to the pictures.
I felt so bad for Georgina when ol boy told her groups of white people make him nervous and that tear fell, ish hit me deep. Crazy to think that she was trapped deep down in there like that

yea the way they tie in the brothers chokes were good. i love how "andre" was in the beginning when he saw the car coming then he started walking the other way lol. DEFINITELY wouldve done that in real life. as for the brother, they let u know without a doubt it was him because of the mma and "he was gonna put you in a chokehold" line, and then in the end it was the same white car AND the mask in the passenger seat.

the tension in the climax when he was going after the family was EXCELLENT. the moment when chris was staring at the mom across the room and they just understood what was about to happen. that felt genuine lol. she had this "theres no point in asking for mercy" look on her face. and then he took the stab to the hand and ignored it. dude was FOCUSED on killing that female lol.

a lot of the things were GREAT tho. one of the things that stuck out to me was the first hypnotize scene when he didnt realize he was under hypnosis already. and he was crying as a result. its like he was being dragged through his own memory against his will and he really communicated that. but the moment that did it was when she pulled him out of the memory then

"ok, now sink into the floor"

o_O "wait, what?!"

"SINK" *tap*

he sinks into the upside down/the dark world from sinister/the abyss

the way she commanded him and he just instantly got screwed. that was terrifying. theyre going to tear up the oscars and awards next year. only thing im left wondering is did they go back to get andre, and will they now go after the town since everyone is in on it. also, now we know the groundskeeper and the maid were their grandma and grandpa... but were they still under hypnosis? i thought after the mind swap is done, its a wrap. but the grandma and grandpa were still hypnotized i think, cuz why else is the grandma a maid and the groundskeeper works all day?
Ol boy smoove hit that 180

After Georgina started showing signs of "over powering" the grandma my girl mentioned that she might've been the one who was leaving that door open that led to the pictures.

I felt so bad for Georgina when ol boy told her groups of white people make him nervous and that tear fell, ish hit me deep. Crazy to think that she was trapped deep down in there like that

giphy.gif

:smh:

Last edited:
Sucks to have been the art dealer too. Sittin' up there in that room with his dome peeled for nothin'! I guess he had it coming...

Didn't realize that it was the brother until just now, but you're right :lol: The final fight between them and the way Chris used his own advice against him was one of my favorite parts of the film.

You can also see the helmet he had on when he kidnapped Brooklyn dude was on the front seat when Chris was tryna escape

The helmet in the car I noticed, but I didn't connect the car with the brother, since he's never seen driving it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom