GET OUT -- New horror film about black man meeting white gf's parents. Looks creepy.

Sucks to have been the art dealer too. Sittin' up there in that room with his dome peeled for nothin'! I guess he had it coming...
I legit forgot all about that bum. Still tried to pass himself off as the good guy out of everybody, you just different cut of the dirtbag cloth. Too bad he was under anesthesia so he couldn't feel himself burning

Sucks to have been the art dealer too. Sittin' up there in that room with his dome peeled for nothin'! I guess he had it coming...

I legit forgot all about that bum. Still tried to pass himself off as the good guy out of everybody, you just different cut of the dirtbag cloth. Too bad he was under anesthesia so he couldn't feel himself burning

But hypothetically speaking, if he were to survive the bleeding and awaken after the dope had worn off... OOOOOooooh the pain!!!

yea the way they tie in the brothers chokes were good. i love how "andre" was in the beginning when he saw the car coming then he started walking the other way lol. DEFINITELY wouldve done that in real life. as for the brother, they let u know without a doubt it was him because of the mma and "he was gonna put you in a chokehold" line, and then in the end it was the same white car AND the mask in the passenger seat.

the tension in the climax when he was going after the family was EXCELLENT. the moment when chris was staring at the mom across the room and they just understood what was about to happen. that felt genuine lol. she had this "theres no point in asking for mercy" look on her face. and then he took the stab to the hand and ignored it. dude was FOCUSED on killing that female lol.

a lot of the things were GREAT tho. one of the things that stuck out to me was the first hypnotize scene when he didnt realize he was under hypnosis already. and he was crying as a result. its like he was being dragged through his own memory against his will and he really communicated that. but the moment that did it was when she pulled him out of the memory then

"ok, now sink into the floor"
o_O "wait, what?!"
"SINK" *tap*
he sinks into the upside down/the dark world from sinister/the abyss

the way she commanded him and he just instantly got screwed. that was terrifying. theyre going to tear up the oscars and awards next year. only thing im left wondering is did they go back to get andre, and will they now go after the town since everyone is in on it. also, now we know the groundskeeper and the maid were their grandma and grandpa... but were they still under hypnosis? i thought after the mind swap is done, its a wrap. but the grandma and grandpa were still hypnotized i think, cuz why else is the grandma a maid and the groundskeeper works all day?

The brothers choke? Mma and it was him? What you talking bout willis.

yea the way they tie in the brothers chokes were good. i love how "andre" was in the beginning when he saw the car coming then he started walking the other way lol. DEFINITELY wouldve done that in real life. as for the brother, they let u know without a doubt it was him because of the mma and "he was gonna put you in a chokehold" line, and then in the end it was the same white car AND the mask in the passenger seat.

the tension in the climax when he was going after the family was EXCELLENT. the moment when chris was staring at the mom across the room and they just understood what was about to happen. that felt genuine lol. she had this "theres no point in asking for mercy" look on her face. and then he took the stab to the hand and ignored it. dude was FOCUSED on killing that female lol.

a lot of the things were GREAT tho. one of the things that stuck out to me was the first hypnotize scene when he didnt realize he was under hypnosis already. and he was crying as a result. its like he was being dragged through his own memory against his will and he really communicated that. but the moment that did it was when she pulled him out of the memory then

"ok, now sink into the floor"
o_O "wait, what?!"
"SINK" *tap*
he sinks into the upside down/the dark world from sinister/the abyss

the way she commanded him and he just instantly got screwed. that was terrifying. theyre going to tear up the oscars and awards next year. only thing im left wondering is did they go back to get andre, and will they now go after the town since everyone is in on it. also, now we know the groundskeeper and the maid were their grandma and grandpa... but were they still under hypnosis? i thought after the mind swap is done, its a wrap. but the grandma and grandpa were still hypnotized i think, cuz why else is the grandma a maid and the groundskeeper works all day?

The brothers choke? Mma and it was him? What you talking bout willis.

He's talking about

how we know the person who kidnapped the guy in the opening scene was the brother. Because the guy was kidnapped via chokehold. Then later at the dinner table, the brother was all geeked about MMA, and really wanted to put Chris in a chokehold right there at the table. Then he really did put him in a chokehold towards the end. So we know, even though they never show the guys face in the beginning, that it was the brother. We know this because of those hints throughout the movie. That's what he's talking about Willis.

"That's what he's talking about Willis" 
roll.gif

He's talking about

how we know the person who kidnapped the guy in the opening scene was the brother. Because the guy was kidnapped via chokehold. Then later at the dinner table, the brother was all geeked about MMA, and really wanted to put Chris in a chokehold right there at the table. Then he really did put him in a chokehold towards the end. So we know, even though they never show the guys face in the beginning, that it was the brother. We know this because of those hints throughout the movie. That's what he's talking about Willis.

Totally forgot about the beginning scene. :lol:

[Spoiler = Grandparents hypnosis.]They weren't under hypnosis it was all just playing the part because of Chris. He was fresh fish aka next victime, so they couldn't outright act like themselves too much or they'd give it away. They needed to pretend to be who they are to explain why they were there. How else would the white family explain having some random black dude and girl on their property :lol: [/spoiler]

I think the correlation between the brother being the guy at the beginning was a bit skewed simly because a key scene was left on the cutting room floor although in the trailer

View media item 2350644
I honestly don't remember the knight head at the beginning

He woulda gon into shock wakin' up from that slumber to

They weren't under hypnosis it was all just playing the part because of Chris. He was fresh fish aka next victime, so they couldn't outright act like themselves too much or they'd give it away. They needed to pretend to be who they are to explain why they were there. How else would the white family explain having some random black dude and girl on their property
laugh.gif
I think the correlation between the brother being the guy at the beginning was a bit skewed simly because a key scene was left on the cutting room floor although in the trailer

I think the grandparents were being themselves. Most grandmonthers want to fix drinks and take care of their kids and feel bad or weak when they can't. And like folks said in here gramps was reliving his athletic days and his youth. Sprintin', choppin' wood, yard work. Most old guys that I see when I'm driving through some neighborhoods out here love making sure their yard is lookin' spiffy

He woulda gon into shock wakin' up from that slumber to

They weren't under hypnosis it was all just playing the part because of Chris. He was fresh fish aka next victime, so they couldn't outright act like themselves too much or they'd give it away. They needed to pretend to be who they are to explain why they were there. How else would the white family explain having some random black dude and girl on their property :lol:

View media item 2350644

:wow: :wow:

Damn you guys have dropped so many gems in this thread that I completely missed during the movie. I NEVER saw the knight mask in the beginning, and I've never seen this scene before just now. The mask in the car makes SO much sense now. During the movie when I saw it, all I could think was "TSA DUDE WAS RIGHT!! S&M sex-slave ****!!" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:wow: :wow:

Damn you guys have dropped so many gems in this thread that I completely missed during the movie. I NEVER saw the knight mask in the beginning, and I've never seen this scene before just now. The mask in the car makes SO much sense now. During the movie when I saw it, all I could think was "TSA DUDE WAS RIGHT!! S&M sex-slave ****!!" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl:

Yeah I just remember shadows and couldn't make out the face.

Also this scene was left out which i remember made me think Jordan Peele had lost his mind :lol:

View media item 2350666

djlunchbox djlunchbox that gif reminds me, I was just a tiny bit let down we didn't see more sequences with him in "the sunken place" or whatever it was called. They had the potential to make some SUPER trippy dream sequence/Alice in wonderland type scenes and they either cut them all out, or chose to not linger there too long. Leaving most of it up to our imagination

Last edited:
djlunchbox djlunchbox that gif reminds me, I was just a tiny bit let down we didn't see more sequences with him in "the sunken place" or whatever it was called. They had the potential to make some SUPER trippy dream sequence/Alice in wonderland type scenes and they either cut them all out, or chose to not linger there too long. Leaving most of it up to our imagination

With the opening success this movie has had I definitely see there being a sequel or at least a spin off of some sort. There's room to do so as there were enough loose ends in the movie to expand upon to some degree. There's so many directions they can go. It'll be interesting...

I think that may have saved the movie from going off the rails too much and sinking deeper into the sci-fi / horror aspect ala Event Horizon.

What makes this that good is that for a sheer moment you look at this movie and where it takes place, and with what they're doing this can be plausible. Even Jordan Peele said the science behind the brain surgery has been done successfully on mice/rats.

Had they gone that psychedelic/trippy route it would have uprooted you. I think what makes this work and makes it creepy is the lingering thought that chit this can happen man these white people not playing :lol:

With the opening success this movie has had I definitely see there being a sequel or at least a spin off of some sort. There's room to do so as there were enough loose ends in the movie to expand upon to some degree. There's so many directions they can go. It'll be interesting...

It's Blumhouse and they known for 3 things: scary movies, going bat chit crazy in the third act of their movies and sequels. Having a sequel to this is a foregone conclusion lol

Last edited:
I'd prefer they don't do a sequel or a spin off of this, it was fine the way it was even with the loose ends. Would've been nice to see am end credit scene of some sort of anything to tie a portion of things up. Like a glimpse at a police investigation or a history of individuals going missing. Something that didn't directly involve the main character Chris.

Nah...must be a writing error between the surgery and hypnosis. Even after the surgery they were still hypnotized. For example...the camera flash. When Chris took a pic of Brooklyn dude he spazzed and I felt that was his way of warning him to leave which is why he had to be re hypnotized. The same camera flash worked on the grandpa at the end remember (snapped him out the hypnosis)... however maybe they felt they were in too deep I've probably said too much.

Back
Top Bottom