GET OUT -- New horror film about black man meeting white gf's parents. Looks creepy.

He woulda gon into shock wakin' up from that slumber to

They weren't under hypnosis it was all just playing the part because of Chris. He was fresh fish aka next victime, so they couldn't outright act like themselves too much or they'd give it away. They needed to pretend to be who they are to explain why they were there. How else would the white family explain having some random black dude and girl on their property :lol:

I think the correlation between the brother being the guy at the beginning was a bit skewed simly because a key scene was left on the cutting room floor although in the trailer

View media item 2350644

I honestly don't remember the knight head at the beginning

:wow: :wow:

Damn you guys have dropped so many gems in this thread that I completely missed during the movie. I NEVER saw the knight mask in the beginning, and I've never seen this scene before just now. The mask in the car makes SO much sense now. During the movie when I saw it, all I could think was "TSA DUDE WAS RIGHT!! S&M sex-slave ****!!" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Nah...must be a writing error between the surgery and hypnosis. Even after the surgery they were still hypnotized. For example...the camera flash. When Chris took a pic of Brooklyn dude he spazzed and I felt that was his way of warning him to leave which is why he had to be re hypnotized. The same camera flash worked on the grandpa at the end remember (snapped him out the hypnosis)... however maybe they felt they were in too deep I've probably said too much.

The art dealer told Chris that he would still be conscious in the body just not able to speak out or control any motor functions. The victims are hypnotized to be in the sunken place while the portion (not the entire brain) that is transferred to the host body contains the consciousness and ability to control the motor functions. So there are two minds occupying one body, but one is the slave and the other is the master. The flash enables the slave mind to break the hypnosis and escape the sunken place. I'll have to rewatch, but was there a bright light when the grandma was serving tea? :nerd:

Last edited:
^I don't think so, I believe Georgina was able to break through hypnosis very slightly (her crying in the room with Chris). Might've been verbal cues, I forget what was said at the table while she was pouring tea tho.

I thought there were other cues also. Especially with the face off between the mom and Chris but they didn't go that route...it was always the teacup. So I didn't understand when Georgiana was freaking out

The real Georgina hated that ish. She was fighting that ish in almost every scene the entire movie. It really all makes sense. Her rhetoric and her actions were so conflicting.

@maxdunker that gif reminds me, I was just a tiny bit let down we didn't see more sequences with him in "the sunken place" or whatever it was called. They had the potential to make some SUPER trippy dream sequence/Alice in wonderland type scenes and they either cut them all out, or chose to not linger there too long. Leaving most of it up to our imagination
I'm glad some of those scenes was left out, the movie would have come off less realistic with dream scenes. Wouldn't mind some deleted scene clips tho
The art dealer told Chris that he would still be conscious in the body just not able to speak out or control any motor functions. The victims are hypnotized to be in the sunken place while the portion (not the entire brain) that is transferred to the host body contains the consciousness and ability to control the motor functions. So there are two minds occupying one body, but one is the slave and the other is the master. The flash enable the slave mind to break the hypnosis and escape the sunken place. I'll have to rewatch, but was there a bright light when the grandma was serving tea?
nerd.gif
Yup. They never discussed how much of the brain was saved/transferred so maybe it's more than we think

Well you also have to think how frail the other mind is compared to the host. Some hosts may abandon hope and just say eff it i'm doomed while others may fight. Y'all know black women fierce, Georgina in there trying to claw her way out :lol:

Well you also have to think how frail the other mind is compared to the host. Some hosts may abandon hope and just say eff it i'm doomed while others may fight. Y'all know black women fierce, Georgina in there trying to claw her way out :lol:

True.

Maybe Georgiana was the first one and it didn't go complete Right.
would make sense, because when chris was tied in the basement the intro video said theyve FINALLY perfected it. which is grounds for a prequel. they can show earlier trials. all of the actors killed it in this movie. georgina was clearly fighting when he said the white people make me uncomfortable line.

'Get Out' finally got a negative review and it's from exactly who you'd expect

Jordan Peele's Get Out made over $30 million in its first weekend, and garnered an extremely rare 100% on Rotten Tomatoes with over 100 reviews. Critics were floored, audiences were stunned but The National Review's Armond White didn't see what they saw.

"The horror side of the story shows writer-director Jordan Peele...imitating the slave-era terror of 12 Years a Slave," White wrote in the first negative review of the film, knocking it's "fresh" percentage on RT to 99%. "Peele’s plot jacks up that film’s existential paranoia, a modern response to the helplessness of enslavement that politically naïve kids now dread as a modern American reality."

White, a controversial reviewer who was kicked out of the New York Film Critics Circle, is known for provocative reviews and contrary opinions. He pointed to Get Out's "'post-racial' ironies," comparing it to Key and Peele's "concocted unfunny routines deriding black paranoia and white superstition. Get Out shares that opportunistic misconception."

"In Get Out, just as Obama did, Peele exploits racial discomfort, irresponsibly playing racial grief and racist relief off against each other, subjecting imagination and identification to political sway," White wrote.

Like a double-dealing demagogue’s speech, there’s just enough pity to satisfy black grievance and just enough platitudes (Rose back-talking a white cop) to make whites feel superior. When an Asian party guest asks Chris “Is African-American experience an advantage or disadvantage?” it reveals Peele’s own biracial anxiety.

"Peele’s self-congratulatory revenge humor has one particularly notable irony: It’s tailored to please the liberal status quo," White added.

For some different takes, check out a critic round up of Get Out here.

that dude shouldnt be allowed on RT. he literally trolls RT just to hurt scores. they posted up his past reviews...

C5yoMloU8AAmuRj.jpg:large

look... he hated toy story 3? (TF) and the weirdest... is he hated I Am Not Your Negro. Yet referred back to it in his trashing of Get Out saying get out failed to meet that standard. dude is a flat out troll. But praises all the worst movies on RT

Great movie! Shout out to all the gems posted in here.

Wasn't Georgina pouring tea in that scene at the table? If so, that could have pushed her. She seemed to be resisting or trying to push to the surface the whole movie. Little things that Chris said seemed to trigger a reaction.

I really hope they give this movie all of its time to soak in the sun before they decide to move ahead with furthering the story. Already know that the studio heads got at Peele after the returns on Monday morning.

This story doesn't need to be expanded on...

let the film stand on its own as one of the best horror movies of this era 

milking it into a franchise will  definitely devalue it

did we need to see a 6th sense prequel/sequal?

Last edited:
I agree that we don't need a sequel or prequel. Let him put his next idea into motion.

Hollywood isn't an ideal world lol. This movie has broken new ground within the horror genre. Offers are being written up as we speak.

Do you guys know what the significance of the unplugging of the cell phone? I was thinking maybe to prevent the instances of flash photography, or to cut lines of communication. However, if that's the case why not break the phone or steal it?

Back
Top Bottom