Get ready for that #$$!%$## from another big company: NIKE RAISING PRICES ON EVERYTHING.

which will hopefully lead ppl to WAKE UP and stop buying all the weak releases!! Maybe its time for Karma to strike hard once and for all!

lol nike can never take a loss in profit because they sell their products for at least three times as much as it cost them to make, nike has no excuse for raising prices besides them wanting to hoard more money

If you were in Nike's shoes you would do the same thing. Why is it bad for Nike to raise prices for their products if the consumer is willing to pay increased prices. I ain't mad at Nike at all. 

AIN'T THAT SOME S*** 
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by PhyzXs

I'm glad I get that 30% n 50% discount

oh please. they reduced the 30% discounts to all employee's to a limit of 500 a month and then they still tryna abolish the 50 seeing how there hasnt been a 50 since maybe november looks like they have been doing pretty good on that , they must be taking all types of losses we arent aware of

I can't be mad, especially being a business major.

when you've got kids ready to give you their all over their money that will bend over and accept whatever you give them, why not take advantage.

Let's keep it real, this is nothing new. The BS start at JB the second half of 2003, and little by little they've been cutting quality and rasing prices, seeing how far they can go.

As long as all of these so called "sneakerheads" keep taking it and coming up with reasons to justify what Nike is doing, IT WILL CONTINUE.

enough with this "can't knock the hustle" "it's a business" crap
why yall consumers defend the theory of a price hike
unless Nike be paying you in some way
what - do you think you get business brownie points?

it sucks but i love my nike shoes... if quality is good i'll be happy... cost of materials are going up alot...

i wish i had the will power not to buy shoes, but its what i like to do

Originally Posted by green rhino123

enough with this "can't knock the hustle" "it's a business" crap
why yall consumers defend the theory of a price hike
unless Nike be paying you in some way
what - do you think you get business brownie points?

THIS. All we have to do is not buy the products for a certain of time instead of beasting on kicks and buying them the very second they drop, they'll understand that there is no incentive on raising the prices. Were in a recession, and while most of us want to continue our love for buying kicks - we must stop these price hikes before they begin. Nike already makes a 150% profit on every pair sold at retail prices - there is absolutely no need to raise prices UNLESS THE REASON IS GREED. Smh at some of you willing to accept that your getting got. Especially when the quality continues to decrease.

this is one of the reasons the outlets are full of a grade product

nike had this same problem last year when a lot of stores when belly up in 2009 & 2010

plus other shops big and small either could not sell product or nike was stuck with accounts that could not pay for shoes they already order months in advance 

nike is now making accounts pre pay for everything ahead of time

this across the board price hike will not help and only "in demand" product will move and the stock price will drop even lower
investors and more so costumes at retail will get screwed 

but us niketalkers will still buy and resellers will be making less profit then ever before   

I agree with everyone here.

The funny thing for me is seeing that outlet location and sells seem to be at an all-time high. They are cutting out the middle man. If a shoe used to cost consumers $70 at retail, the markup is usually double for us, so the store would pay $35. Nike's cost on this would be around $20. So they have $20 bucks initially invested into every pair of shoes that they sell at this price point (for example). Outlets come around and we see MSRP and a price for us at the outlet of $40... Nike wins out. They may MORE here ($20) than when selling to stores ($15).

They seem completely content and satisfied with this puppy mill "PUMP THESE TRASH ITEMS OUT AS FAST AS WE CAN" ideology. Quality is down. Production and quantities of colorways at all-time highs.. It's a crazy situation that us as consumers have created..

Then you have the whole JB fiasco where prices go up and quality doesnt seem to follow that. That used to be the norm.

Nike investors are running scared after the shoe and clothing maker announced disappointing quarterly results.

After Thursday's market close, Nike (ticker: NKE) reported fiscal third-quarter earnings of $523 million, or $1.08 a share, up from $1.01 a share in the year-earlier period, but below the $1.12 consensus. Revenue of $5.1 billion also came in shy of forecasts of $5.18 billion.

Nike said higher input costs and freight charges contributed to a 110 basis-point decline in gross margin to 45.8%. However, demand remained strong, with futures orders up 9% year-over-year.

The news sent the shares tumbling 9% to $77.38 in midday trading.

However, for investors willing to go the distance, Nike should do well in the long run.

Although the issue of higher costs was not a total surprise, given the company's warning after the previous earnings report, Nike admitted that sweeping price increases will likely not come quickly enough to offset pricing pressures in the fiscal-fourth or first quarter, given many contracts are already signed.

Yet, in the interim, the company will likely continue to see increasing demand, as evidenced by its strong orders number, which could stabilize the stock until price increases begin to bolster margins. (The company's sales momentum was one of the main reasons that Standard & Poor's Equity Research analyst Marie Driscoll maintained her Buy rating on the stock.)

Nike may also be able to counteract margin compression through other means, noted Sterne, Agee & Leach analyst Sam Poser: "It is likely that the margin pressures ease earlier than we are modeling, as Nike has numerous levers to pull to drive earnings, including buybacks where there is $3.3 billion remaining in the authorization."

Poser noted that looking ahead, the 2012 Olympics in London and the European Championships, along with "the World Cup and Olympics coming in Brazil, plans to have a Chinese business closing in on $4 billion by 2015, and the most innovative product and marketing platform in the business, keep us bullish despite the short-term margin issues."

It's also important to note that Nike is not alone in facing increasing commodities costs. But its market dominance, marketing prowess and pricing power should help it rise above peers.

"While rising input costs are a real threat to near-term results, we contend that Nike is one of the few wide-moat stocks in our consumer coverage--based on widespread brand acceptance, economies of scale, and power over suppliers and retailers--and as such should be better able to deal with cost and input pressures than competitors," wrote Morningstar analyst Paul Swinand in a research note this morning. "The shares are trading down sharply on inflation cost concerns, which could provide an opportunistic entry point for long-term investors."

Few who are bearish are willing to do so for an extended amount of time, given Nike's strong brand, continued strength in mature markets and growing expansion into emerging ones.

Even Goldman Sachs analyst Michelle Tan, who today downgraded the stock to Neutral, wrote that "The many long-term reasons to like Nike remain: strong brand/ product cycle (underscored by 9% futures growth with 2 year acceleration of 500 basis points); global category leadership with visible long-term emerging-market growth (China/emerging markets added 3% to total third-quarter growth), and strong management."

The stock trades at 15.4 times expected-forward earnings and offers a respectable 1.4% dividend yield. The company also has plenty of cash on its balance sheet.

In short, we think Nike still has game.

laugh.gif
You cats saying "and yet you're posting on a Nike forum" please go outside,cut a switch and beat your own +%$!# with it because you sound ******ed.

Huge GM compression this quarter, 300bps drop forecast for next quarter...this is still a business...

This has really opened my eyes I thought the retail price for most was too high anyway I know there's a bunch of other ways Nike is making money besides SHOES.

Just like dude above said it all ends up in outlets where they become affordable.

But beast will be beast and buying Nike shoes is completely optional, its understandable I just cant participate in this madness where dudes act like this is acceptable

I guess I'll just be waiting on price drops or outlets. Not saying I won't ever buy another shoe at retail price but for the most part I will be playing the waiting game on most releases.

This price raise is bs. Nike could get money in many other ways rather than raising prices. How about releasing more of all the limited bs they put out to consumers that later get resold online for some crazy price over retail. I'd rather sneaker heads get butt hurt in that fashion than having to pay more on retail

Back
Top Bottom