Gettin rid of iTunes duplicates

Alright, here's a bummer: got tons of dupes in my lib. itunes only provides the option to show the duplicate. I don't know which one is a duplicate and which one is the original track in some cases I have more than three exact same tracks. I ain't just select all and delete everything cuz I know then my music lib is over.

Any sound ideas on getting rid of 1,5k of tracks which show as dupes in iTunes?!
eyes.gif

Displaying exact duplicates will show the original and duplicate tracks you have. The original track should be the one that was uploaded first, right? So show the duplicates and then sort by date. Delete what's most recent. Or am I misunderstanding?

You usually have to just go up in the tab and click show duplicates
And then delete the duplicates by hand
Only way I figured how to do it when i was like 15
Took forever with over 2k of doubles

I always delete the second one and haven't had a problem. Just don't delete it off your harddrive.

Dude, 1,500 dupes means you have a large library - unless yo added everything over twice. For a person with a large iTunes library you should know how to deal with this. Just multiple select the duplicates under the original tracks and delete. If you don't wanto spend too much time on it - do it little by little - each day 50 tracks, say. or google around for some other solutions. i'd say somebody has already thought about that before you
nerd.gif
i.e.:
http://www.google.com/sea...ete+duplicates+in+itunes

Back
Top Bottom