Getting a 96 Cadillac Eldorado?

So im thinking about getting a 96 Eldorado with 80k miles on monday. I think its a pretty nice ride but everyone keepstelling me that it'll crap out in a couple of years and that i should get a Japanese car. Anyone know how Cadillacs perform? Ive got $2000 for the down andill be making payments for a year and thats it.

sorry i can't answer your question but i'm interested in hearing answers as well because i'm keeping the eldorado on prospect. if you dont mind,how much are you getting it for?

$5,500 total, it's a standard with a V8 (17mpg ....eek). Im almost positive its the nicer version dont know whatthey call them.... like the "GT" of eldorados if you would say.

These things look nice on 22's.
pimp.gif

basically from some 5 minutes of research on cadillacforums.com the biggest problem is the head gasket, which is uber expensive to replace. these aren'tthat reliable so basically they are really expensive to fix. i guess i'm erasing the eldorado from my prospects.

I was also looking into one of these a while ago as well as a seville body style before the one currently out, but I've heard to many stories withCaddy's so I said forget it.

As MisterP said they look nice with rims, but they will end up causing a lot to maintain.

Had a 99' STS and the headgasket went, only got $3,000 when i traded it in payed over $13,000 and had it for only 2 years. And it had only 75,000 when itwent. Was nice but lost out, i'd never buy a used Cadillac again.
1005039ns4.jpg

20 inch no rub
1005181aj1.jpg

Grip'in Woodgrain
1005183sg5.jpg

15" Flip Down
1005184fb7.jpg

Capo
1001826rg5.jpg

Black Cat Vogues

the head gasket cost like 2-4k to replace. They usually go out around 150,000 on all of them, from my research. I made a post about it not too long ago, searchfor it. 17 mpg is about 2 below avg.

Search for "head gasket blown" for the post

i got about 15mpg and it takes Super Gas, $100 in the tank a week easily and that was when gas was cheaper

in all honesty i dont think you should make payments on a car 10+ years old. Whats the interest rate? do you get an extended warranty and if yes up to how manymiles?

and that car above me is pretty nice ive always like white walls

10k is not enough, but who am I to talk, because If I get one I wont even have a warranty

damn you're gonna be making payments on a 5500$ car? i don't know, definately not a good choice in my book. i'd rather get something more in yourrange maybe 2-3k. there ARE great cars in that price range that will be reliable. and cadillac is def. not the way to go. v8 in 2008? worst choice you can makeesp. if you're not balling enough to afford gas like water.

i don't know what your needs are, but if it's just your first car and you want to use it for basic commuting, may i suggest a older camry? they areprobably one of the best choices you can make.

Originally Posted by NolanDW

basically from some 5 minutes of research on cadillacforums.com the biggest problem is the head gasket, which is uber expensive to replace.
laugh.gif
Dun said "uber expensive"...

But I knew someone who had an STS. Caddy is a gas guzzler... His car ran well for years though.

Back
Top Bottom