Getting a new Car Audio System. Who What How much!

Im trying to get a new car audio system for my 2000 chevy impala. Im def not trying to get the most expensive system but I do want to have a lil thump and not have it rattle and be distorted. What are the essentials to having a complete system and what are some prices I should expect to pay. Help ya boy out!

its almost spring time, crusin with the windows down 
nthat.gif

Crazy cuz I have impala. Was gonna put a Lil system in my **** too. Go to best buy and buy the in dash sustem. And have someone put it in for a couple dollars. Don't let best buy do it cuz they tax for installation.

I'll be looking to upgrade my in dash (currently have the pioneer avh-p2300dvd) and add some subs this spring as well. Will probably upgrade to the X8500BHS, don't know what subs tho.

I'll be looking to upgrade my in dash (currently have the pioneer avh-p2300dvd) and add some subs this spring as well. Will probably upgrade to the X8500BHS, don't know what subs tho.

yo im looking for a new headunit. maybe u can hook it up with the pioneer ur gunna get rid of :nerd:

If u ain't got 1500+, don't bother.
thats if you want bang

this past summer i got new alpine head unit and replaced all of my speakers with new alpines, individually it wouldve came out to like 800 installed, but there was a bundle deal so i got it all for 400 installed

im not beatin down yo block, but if i turn my volume up to 18 the bass is tough enough and still have super crispness

songs like Wiz Khalifa's top floor and ASAP Rocky wassup are straight up audible sex

Putting a decent system together is not about subs and how loud it can get

This is why the majority of you have **** setups

I just got a 12 (Kicker) and 2 amps (Soundlab I think) and I like it. Im not an audiophile by any means, but it sounds crips and the thump is pretty good. Stock I would blast my Camry at max (62) and for what I have now I dont like playing it above 30, 35 highest. I dont even put it above 3 if my moms is in the whip.
laugh.gif

^

So are new clothes.

So are new sneakers.

So are expensive cars.

So are ....

Basically, pick your poison and live out your life.

JL's were always sounded better than any of the subs out there..

the W7's and W3's sounded so lovely hell even the w0..

i only messed with 10's too the 12's were unnecessary 

Last edited:
JL's were always sounded better than any of the subs out there..

the W7's and W3's sounded so lovely hell even the w0..

i only messed with 10's too the 12's were unnecessary 

i guess you've tried every single sub on the market to come to that conclusion

tell me

what about the w7 makes it sound good?

i guess you've tried every single sub on the market to come to that conclusion

tell me

what about the w7 makes it sound good?
it doesnt drown out the highs and mids as bad as other subs out there..

fosgates are pretty good too the punch model.

and the voice coil on the jl audios are superb.

I hate when dudes at stoplights decide to blast their music thinking they're doing it. They look like rachet fools!

Buy a system for the sound quality, not for how loud it can get.

With that being said, I enjoyed my Polk Audio components when I had them, great product for a decent price.

Back
Top Bottom