Gil II Zero (TS Lightswitch Low) Review

Well, maybe it's a bit misleading, but at least I have some initial impressions about the shoe. Also, check out pics in the "other brands"thread to get an idea of the visuals.

I have the cust0mize version of the new Gils (Gil II Zero, TS Lightswitch Gil, whatever they're supposed to be called) and I shot around and had a chanceto work out on the court with them.

To me, they didn't take any time at all to break in. I felt like the Gil Zeros took a few games to really fit well, but I laced these up once, shot andran around for maybe 10-15 minutes, tightened them up again and they were great for me. No slippage or movement, which leads to:

Fit - Usually the first thing I notice, how big/small does it run and how comfortable is it? These are pretty snug, got my true size (wenthalf down for the OG Gil Zeros) and it was fine. I find them to be a lot more comfortable than the Gil Zeros, something about the lining that can irritate mea little in the GZ's, but these feel pretty seamless on the inside.

The forefoot strap definitely comes into play, but I didn't even think about adjusting it. As I said, it's a very snug shoe for me so I didn'teven think about tightening the strap, and it's not really designed to become any more loose.

I also like the overall setup, because only the toe part of the toe box is patent and the other part (which takes all of the creasing) is mesh like material,so the shoe should maintain its looks for a while. Maybe not a big deal for some people, but to someone like me it means a lot. Also has stitching on the toecap, I love seeing that in a shoe (just like the Zoom BB low).

Cushioning - Pretty firm and responsive, I didn't know what to expect because I only have a few shoes that are non-Zoom Air but they feelgreat. Not mushy or soft, but just right. They provided a pretty responsive ride, whether cutting or just running all out. I'm not heavy for my heightthough, so it could be an issue for bigs.

Traction - Only part that worries me so far, has great, sticky traction when I wipe down the soles but it seems to pick up dust after a bit. Not that different from any of the other shoes I have though, including Nikes. I play on a well maintained indoor gym by the way.

Other things I'd like to mention, the shoes have pretty good court feel and to me, they feel very stable and solid. I felt pretty mobile and balanced, andthat's a huge part of wearing low tops for me. Ventilation was never a problem, but I didn't really play for that long either.

Any questions, drop them here.

try kickz.com

the review sums up my feelings on the shoe as well.

pretty nice shoe overall

Back
Top Bottom