Give me a valid reason why a WR can't win MVP?

danextgrate

Banned
Okay, Moss was held scoreless last night with yes than 100 yds.

His presence on the field far outweighs his scoring ability. What he did and continues to do by giving the other receivers spacing to catch the ball andfinish their routes is nothing short of amazing. The way Belechick tetered with him on the offense knowing he couldn't get off having 2 men on him at alltimes last night, and sometimes three, is why Moss should be a contender for the MVP.

His value to the team is undeniable. But we're arguing the MVP among two players on the same team on the same side of the ball. So it really is a toss-uphow the others compliment the other.

But why can't he be MVP?

But why can't he be MVP?

2881cb3eef2e8c15172310dbe6f9937b-getty-75557985gs025_green_bay_pac.jpg

because of the resurgance of Brett Favre.

Back in 98', where did Moss finish in the MVP voting?

A WR can win it. But the QB who's chucking it to him will most likely get all the shine for the WR's stats.

Unless the starting QB gets hurt for at least a few games and the WR still puts up monster numbers with the BACKUP QB in there.

Oh, and btw...

c1b9a240a9ad06ea15f125d7e0dcd5b8-getty-75557999mh006_philadelphia_.jpg

has got it on LOCK. Sorry Brett.

so brett should be MVP because of his resurgence ?

Forget that....he can get NFC MVP but not NFL MVP......it should be brady or moss....then brett

At a minimum Brett is #2, don't even go there. If you're going to make the QB>WR argument, then it applies for Favre too. Favre is doing amazingthings with a not so amazing supporting cast.

all im gonna say is when moss is on the field, there is no one more valuable. his prescense is unmatched. perfect example, look at the sudden skyrocket inthat tiny twirp welkers stats. then you can look at brady's stats this season. brady is putting up scary stats now that shatter what he's done in thepast. the mvp is usually reserved for the two positions that generally have the most impact, qb and rb but no wr has ever made the incredible impact that mosshas. he should be the one that breaks the barrier (further solidfying his goat status).

all of my campaigning will probably go for naught and the golden boy, brady or america's favorite, farve will win it.
eyes.gif

Long as Favre doesnt win it. my brother is a Packer fan and i will never hear the end of it.
At least the bears handed them their one loss of the season.

Tom Brady was winning before Moss right?

Moss was completely forgotten about in Oakland right?

Right.

In general? I guess because WRs are involved in a smaller percentage and have less control, unlike a QB or a RB. Also, an MVP QB or RB could carry an offense,but sometimes an "MVP-level" WR isn't enough.

But even for this year, guys like TO or Moss don't have a chance.

Originally Posted by J RAIN 23

all im gonna say is when moss is on the field, there is no one more valuable. his prescense is unmatched. perfect example, look at the sudden skyrocket in that tiny twirp welkers stats. then you can look at brady's stats this season. brady is putting up scary stats now that shatter what he's done in the past. the mvp is usually reserved for the two positions that generally have the most impact, qb and rb but no wr has ever made the incredible impact that moss does. he should be the one that breaks the barrier (further solidfying his goat status).

all of my campaigning will probably go for naught and the golden boy, brady or america's favorite, farve will win it.
eyes.gif

i dont know why you actually think youre campaigning, no one takes your Hoover vac suction seriously.

furthermore, Rice STILL > Moss < Favre

I would love to see Moss somehow win the MVP, but I doubt the media would pick a WR over two QBs having great seasons (Brady/Favre obviously)

You cannot be serious after last nights game. Moss could not get open, and yes he drew a double team....but how can you not realize that the only reason thePats won that game was because of Tom Brady. You dont win the MVP for having a prescence on the field. You win it for making plays to help your team win. Bradymade plays last night, hitting Welker and Gaffney ALL night on third downs. Scrambling for first downs.

Again, you don't win MVP for having a prescence on the field. You win it for making big plays and getting your team the W. Brady makes plays week in andweek out.

Give me a valid reason why a WR can't win MVP

im guessin because there are other positions on the field that have greater responsibilites?
all im gonna say is when moss is on the field, there is no one more valuable.

where was all this value the last two years. Art Shell sure couldve used that last year.
his prescense is unmatched. perfect example, look at the sudden skyrocket in that tiny twirp welkers stats.

his presence is unmatched?? Dude runs 1 route(and a. reid had them sittin on top of that the whole game and all of a sudden moss has bad game). andwelker's numbers arent the only stats that went up this year
again check mr "mossome" the last three years.
then you can look at brady's stats this season. brady is putting up scary stats now that shatter what he's done in the past

nothing's really changed. he just lead the league in passing not to long ago, he's the same its just easier now that he has 18 different receivershe can go too
the mvp is usually reserved for the two positions that generally have the most impact, qb and rb but no wr has ever made the incredible impact that moss does.

has dude seen t.o. this year.
he should be the one that breaks the barrier (further solidfying his goat status).

This has to be a young dude to think of puttin Randy Moss in front of Jerry Rice
laugh.gif

asphyxiation
eek.gif
i gotta step my vocab up didnt even know that was a word. Adef would be appreciated

asphyxiation

Means like lack of oxygen or being choked from something blocking your air. Something close to that I beleive. Whoever posted that must be readinWebster's on the side or somethin.

Back
Top Bottom