Glorifying Resellers: Teens to Adults

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude will never see anywhere near 98k again for those.
mean.gif
 those stupid *** shoes won't be popular forever. bet he will regret it when he grows the fck up and realizes kanye west isn't the least bit cool or a good artist

My little cousin and his friends are re-sellers at their high school and they've built a full customer base, network with two local footlockers and pretty much make more than they would at any part-time job as 16yr olds. (theyre on here, just never post)

As an older enthusiast (24) I don't like what re-sellers bring to the culture, but I don't knock the hustle.  

It's sad that most of these youngsters don't know how to further that money they gain by reselling through investing etc. A few hundred dollars a week at 16 years old could amass you a large amount of money by age 30 by simply doing nothing but continually investing in something like index funds.

Last edited:
The funny part about these resellers is, people are getting hip to how much is an can be made reselling. Unlike their drug dealing counterparts these dudes aren't prepared or built for the folks plotting on them. I know a few folks in the DMV who rob resellers consistently and run up in their homes. Even funnier is the Instagram and online flexing that make them a easy target. I don't knock the hustle but don't believe these dudes know what their getting into. It's not just about buying and selling shoes anymore. It's big business. It'll only take a few resellers losing their lives over this for many to back out. FYI sneaker con DC was full of robbers plotting. The show off aspect of this shoe culture makes it easy for them.

Last edited:
it should be a crime to resell shoes. just like its illegal to sell a boat load of goods like caps and shirts without a license.

Lol calm down. I don't like reselling either but it's not a crime. You don't need a license to resell shoes or clothing to thirsty *** people on online auctions or classifieds.

One thing I've noticed, NT use to shame resellers on here. Now resellers have no shame and openly talk about copping to resell. And Twitter is like resell central. Those same dudes have the nerve to ask for "oops"

Last edited:
What's next? Buying pants just to sell them? Shirts? Snapbacks? HAIRCUTS?

If the point is to buy them, never wear them and sell them then what do you wear? I don't get it. Who started this, anyway?

The point is to make money. I don't understand how anyone can hate or not grasp the concept of reselling shoes. Reselling has been going on since the start and is nothing new. Folks were reselling in the 90s. It's more hype, money and attention being payed now. Resellers may be a negative in some peoples eyes but nothing is worse than grown men hating on how someone else makes their money IMO.

Resellers may be a negative in some peoples eyes but nothing is worse than grown men hating on how someone else makes their money IMO.
I see you're another person that confuses "hating" with "dislike". Nothing is worse than grown men who do that IMO.

I see you're another person that confuses "hating" with "dislike". Nothing is worse than grown men who do that IMO.

My response wasn't directed towards anyone but I see you caught feelings. What is it about someone using THEIR OWN MONEY, to buy shoes and resell them for profit that you dislike champ? You saying you dislike how someone makes their money is HATING bruh. I don't worry about what the next man does. Lol

Resellers may be a negative in some peoples eyes but nothing is worse than grown men hating on how someone else makes their money IMO.

Why do people think that disliking something=hating on it?

I dislike the Gamma Blue Xll's, am I hating on them now? Hell I also dislike Justin Beiber, am I hating on him? Come on now, that concept makes no sense. Hating is when you're specifically trashing or putting down someone/something due to jealousy, not just disliking something (Reselling) because of the effect it has on something else. (shoes.)

My response wasn't directed towards anyone but I see you caught feelings. What is it about someone using THEIR OWN MONEY, to buy shoes and resell them for profit that you dislike champ? You saying you dislike how someone makes their money is HATING bruh. I don't worry about what the next man does. Lol
So it has to be directed to someone for me to respond? Sorry you made no sense and I called you out on it. 

According to your logic, if I dislike how someone sings, raps, dances, or any other action, I'm hating. Perfectly, unflawed logic.

Also, I didn't know that disliking something someone does means you literally sit there and worry about them. 

LMFAO the funniest part is the fact that you don't even see how what you're saying makes 0 sense.

Last edited:

I dislike the Gamma Blue Xll's, am I hating on them now? Hell I also dislike Justin Beiber, am I hating on him? Come on now, that concept makes no sense. Hating is when you're specifically trashing or putting down someone/something due to jealousy, not just disliking something (Reselling) because of the effect it has on something else. (shoes.)

Your examples aren't totally different than this convo. That's not hating but a opinion. That's different than saying I don't like how Beiber makes his money. How is that anything other than hating?

Let's keep it real. The folks who have a problem with resellers are the ones who miss out on releases and blame resellers because they did or folks who can't afford a shoe they want and blame resellers for the price increases. Other than those lame excuses that is your fault not theirs, why else would you care about resellers?

So it has to be directed to someone for me to respond? Sorry you made no sense and I called you out on it. 

According to your logic, if I dislike how someone sings, raps, dances, or any other action, I'm hating. Perfectly, unflawed logic.

Also, I didn't know that disliking something someone does means you literally sit there and worry about them. 

LMFAO the funniest part is the fact that you don't even see how what you're saying makes 0 sense.

You obviously can't comprehend. Why do you dislike resellers? Give me the reason why that's a problem for you. I'm interested to hear your reasons? I'll wait...

Let's keep it real. The folks who have a problem with resellers are the ones who miss out on releases and blame resellers because they did or folks who can't afford a shoe they want and blame resellers for the price increases. Other than those lame excuses that is your fault not theirs, why else would you care about resellers?
So if I complain about the price on something, that means I can't afford it, because people who just don't want to pay crazy prices don't exist. No, it just means they're too broke to afford it.

You are ahead of your time. You should write a book.

You still haven't given one reason why you dislike resellers. I'm waiting to hear how you spin it so it doesn't come off as hating. If something doesn't effect me I don't spend time disliking it. What's your reason?

Your examples aren't totally different than this convo. That's not hating but a opinion. That's different than saying I don't like how Beiber makes his money. How is that anything other than hating?

How many people do you see on here mention anything about resellers and money?

:stoneface:

I point out re-sellers because they buy something that other people want, without intending to wear it, only to specifically sell it to those same people for a higher price. 9/10 I can get the shoes I want. In fact, the only time i've missed out on shoes is when I haven't been able to make it to the mall. I have a job, and i'm good at saving money, so I could very easily go and spend say $600 on a pair of Royal 1's right now, so the idea that I couldn't afford them is silly. I simply don't want to pay that price.

Last edited:
You still haven't given one reason why you dislike resellers. I'm waiting to hear how you spin it so it doesn't come off as hating. If something doesn't effect me I don't spend time disliking it. What's your reason?
You still haven't quoted me saying "I dislike resellers". When you do that, I'll give you an answer.

Also, if you don't worry about what the next man does, you've just contradicted yourself, because if I'm hating, and you're questioning me about what/why I'm doing what I'm doing, that means you're worrying about what the next man does. 

I really do want you to make sense. I do. I believe in you. You can do it. Hit "quote" and try again, junior.

You still haven't quoted me saying "I dislike resellers". When you do that, I'll give you an answer.

Also, if you don't worry about what the next man does, you've just contradicted yourself, because if I'm hating, and you're questioning me about what/why I'm doing what I'm doing, that means you're worrying about what the next man does. 

I really do want you to make sense. I do. I believe in you. You can do it. Hit "quote" and try again, junior.

Bingo. No answer. Just hate.

How many people do you see on here mention anything about resellers and money?

:stoneface:

I point out re-sellers because they buy something that other people want, without intending to wear it, only to specifically sell it to those same people for a higher price. 9/10 I can get the shoes I want. In fact, the only time i've missed out on shoes is when I haven't been able to make it to the mall. I have a job, and i'm good at saving money, so I could very easily go and spend say $600 on a pair of Royal 1's right now, so the idea that I couldn't afford them is silly. I simply don't want to pay that price.

So your issue is them buying shoes to sell that other want to wear? Who's fault is that? The resellers for taking the time and making the effort to get their pair or the guy who wants to wear them that didn't?

Like I said the only reason for someone to dislike a reseller is A/they have something you want B/you blame them for the price increases or C/envy the money they make. What else could their possibly be?

What's next? Buying pants just to sell them? Shirts? Snapbacks? HAIRCUTS?

If the point is to buy them, never wear them and sell them then what do you wear? I don't get it. Who started this, anyway?

This statement right here champ. What don't you get about reselling shoes? Btw how do you dislike something you don't get?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom