going out to eat is expensive!!!

Everytime I look at my Bank of America statement and total up the amount I spent on going out to eat, I just shake my head....

I tried the whole packing a lunch 5 days a week, and for like $10-15 i save soo much more then buying a lunch everyday...

Im just drawn to the food out there...my true weakness

How often do you go out to eat? What draws you out to eat?? and how much do you spend on average weekly?

we used to eat out alot.... then we said F it and cut down, now we only order once a week, and it has to be either fri or sat.... we save mad $$$

Originally Posted by kicks4kaskets

I used to eat out for dinner everyday just because I was too lazy to cook for myself.

ohwell.gif
thats usually the case....

since i started workin a year ago, i've gone out to eat lunch everyday and not even think about it. i'm gonna start bringing my lunch in from now on to save money. i can deal with eating sandwiches for lunch when i'll be saving about $40/week

It's sad , I work at McDonalds and there's people that come like every single day ordering the same item , when I work 9-5 sometimes I see people come for breakfast and spend like $5-6 on a meal then i'll see the same person coming for lunch getting a $6-7 meal, smh.

I use to eat out everyday. Breakfast and Lunch in Manhattan.
When I looked at my account and saw how much I spent over a couple of months, I started packing my lunch.

man i feel ya ... here at work we are like no more going out but then lunch rolls around and everyone is like damn wat sounds good to eat then someone will mention it and we are like fuk it lets go
smh.gif

what i need to stop doing is going out for lunch during work and then go out to eat when i get home for dinner with my family
smh.gif
now that is really killing my pocket ...

checking your online banking and seeing innout for lunch and then TGIF for dinner on the same day
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

When I did my budget I drastically cut my fast food expenses and I was surprised at the amount of money I wasted. At the time it didn't seem like a lot but that $5 or $10 adds up.

Im the same way.. I'll try packing my lunch for work for a week but then it gets boring. So I eat out. When I look at my bank account I can't believe it.

Morning its usually $6 on an energy drink and random food from a gas station, lunch is maybe 6-8 bucks. So that's around $12-$13 a day just on breakfast and lunch. I need to start waking up early and making breakfast and making different kinds of lunch so I don't get bored quick.

I only eat out on Fridays and sometimes Saturdays. During the week I'll make some breakfast and pack my lunch which usually consists of fruit, beverage, and a couple of sandwiches. It gets me through the day at least.

Google: eating cheap and healthy

Then allocate like 30 mins of your day to looking up recipes(just make a new tab while your on NT and search)

Make a list for the different recipes you want to make throughout the week, and hit up your local store and cop. Stay mostly on the outside of the isle(produce, dairy, bakery area)

Only time i ever eat fast food is when i drink like once a week after the club.

I hate spending money on food, so usually about 10 bucks a week. Mcdonalds ftw. I buy the rest at the Grocery Store... way cheaper.

it is but...................i love good food.

no lie i eat out 4-5 times a month, she pays and I pay.

i had hibachi on saturday bill was 80 something.

i spend 50+ a week on grocery just for myself also. food is a big part of my lifestyle so w/e

id like to do an actual study, but id wager that about half of my disposable income is on food/alcohol. i love going out to eat with my friends so i dont regret it too much. could probably cut back some though

i live on my own and have a mortgage so I have no choice buy food at grocery stores.   I only go out on special occasions. 

always looking for deals at food stores.  i try to hit up the discount stores too. 

buying lunch everyday and dinner here and there is so expensive now. 

I work at a grocery store, so 95% of the food I eat is microwavable. It's pretty cheap but not healthy at all

Originally Posted by calibeebee

I work at a grocery store, so 95% of the food I eat is microwavable. It's pretty cheap but not healthy at all it saves me more $ than eating out
fixed.

I hardly eat out for lunch anymore because the portions have gotten smaller so I would need to buy a meal + an extra sandwich to fill me up. I refuse to spend $10-11 in one sitting at a McDonald's or Chic-Fil-A.

I've been cooking my dinners for a long time. When you cook your own dinners, mix it up at some times, look out for the sales and get some crab legs, T-Bone steaks, salmon, etc. That will keep you from going back to buying fast food.

Back
Top Bottom