GOING TO NEW YORK IN 2 WEEKS VOL. WHAT TO DO?

Doughnut Plant. Get the creme brulee donut and what ever the seasonal berry donut is. Life-changing.

Ed's Lobster Bar (near Supreme) has the best lobster roll I've ever had. The sweet pickles on the side they give you are amazing too.

Flight Club is of course a must for obvious reasons.

Some bad recommendations in here as far as food goes. Dallas BBQ is fast food version of barbecue. Its a chain restaurant that's over saturated in the city. If you want real barbecue, but from a chain, head up to Dinosaur BBQ up in Harlem. I'm not gassing it when I say it'll be some of the best barbecue you've ever had. Also, wouldn't go out of my way to go to the cart on 53rd and 6th. Halal food is all the same. The hype generated around it is the only thing that separates it from other carts. Personally, I would avoid eating from any cart period. I don't eat from street vendors. Carmines is VERY expensive. The portions are big, but you can get better Italian food for much less than what you would pay at Carmines.

If you plan to do any shopping in SoHo, do so before noon. After that, you're going to have to deal with the foot traffic on Broadway and now that the weather is starting to warm up you'll be in for a headache.

Get a weekly unlimited MetroCard. Will be the best purchase you've made for the week that you're in the city.

Last edited:
Check out Anthony Bourdain's The Layover: New York. PM me if you can't find it.
Korea Town in Midtown has good food, Chinatown in downtown does also.
I'm not sure where you'll be staying but hit up Shake Shack, they're at various spots in the city. Our version of the In-N-Out as many put it. Crumbs bakery. Sprinkles too. And also, My Big Gay Ice Cream. Pio Pio has real good Peruvian food. Papaya King. Momofuku milk bar, I hear their crack pie is amazing, addicting like crack. Brass Monkey, The Biergarten at The Standard, High Line. I would try to hit up Brooklyn Breweries if you can.
But there's tons of options so try checking out http://www.timeout.com/newyork

Last edited:
Some bad recommendations in here as far as food goes. Dallas BBQ is fast food version of barbecue. Its a chain restaurant that's over saturated in the city. If you want real barbecue, but from a chain, head up to Dinosaur BBQ up in Harlem. I'm not gassing it when I say it'll be some of the best barbecue you've ever had. Also, wouldn't go out of my way to go to the cart on 53rd and 6th. Halal food is all the same. The hype generated around it is the only thing that separates it from other carts. Personally, I would avoid eating from any cart period. I don't eat from street vendors. Carmines is VERY expensive. The portions are big, but you can get better Italian food for much less than what you would pay at Carmines.

If you plan to do any shopping in SoHo, do so before noon. After that, you're going to have to deal with the foot traffic on Broadway and now that the weather is starting to warm up you'll be in for a headache.

Get a weekly unlimited MetroCard. Will be the best purchase you've made for the week that you're in the city.

Food wise i agree with you. Bbq's is whatever to me but dinasour is crack.

53rd and 6th isn't what it used to be for me. If your visiting and hardly ever come to the city then might as well get it but its not worth going outta your way for imo

Well everybody is a critic I see.  #1 nobody said bbq's had real barbeque. If I wanted real barbeque, i'd go down south and not ny.  Just suggested to get some wings and chill.  #2 homie asked for suggestions on where to go.  I don't know his budget.  Hopefully he'll cross reference the info we give him and check how his funds are, as well as know that new york is expensive.  He wanted some places to go, we gave it to him.  

You're the one who took it the wrong way. Dallas BBQ just isn't a place I'd recommend to a tourist. The wings are ok at best there.

Well everybody is a critic I see.  #1 nobody said bbq's had real barbeque. If I wanted real barbeque, i'd go down south and not ny.  Just suggested to get some wings and chill.  #2 homie asked for suggestions on where to go.  I don't know his budget.  Hopefully he'll cross reference the info we give him and check how his funds are, as well as know that new york is expensive.  He wanted some places to go, we gave it to him.  

i'd rather eat at those local joints rather than fancy restaurants. budget really isnt the issue as long as we enjoy it. btw im staying in woodside.

You're the one who took it the wrong way. Dallas BBQ just isn't a place I'd recommend to a tourist. The wings are ok at best there.

Yeah your right. Op, Kennedy fried chicken you can't beat it. Bring your ebt card.

OP, you MUST go to THE HALAL GUYS on 53rd and 6th. Make sure its THE Halal guys, all the other ones are imposters. I was never into Halal food until I tried them for the first time. Also, be sure to stop at NIKETOWN New York right around the corner...
I was just about to suggest this. I always make a stop here when in the city. For the price, easily some of the best food in the city.

:smh: Boxden for saying Sbarro's best pizza in the city. You can't be serious.

There's literally unlimited things to do, man.

Take the train to Midtown and walk around until your legs tired.

There's something worth seeing/doing on ever corner in Manhattan.

^ piggy backing off of this guy, try not to carry cash on you.
Maybe it's just my dumb *** southern self but I took 140 to the club (idk what possessed me to do that) when I went a few weeks back but I lost that ***. I could've SWORN I put it back into my purse @the bar but now that I think about it, it might have lingered out for too long :frown:

Either way, keep it on your plastic.

^ piggy backing off of this guy, try not to carry cash on you.
Maybe it's just my dumb *** southern self but I took 140 to the club (idk what possessed me to do that) when I went a few weeks back but I lost that ***. I could've SWORN I put it back into my purse @the bar but now that I think about it, it might have lingered out for too long :frown:

Either way, keep it on your plastic.

:nerd: haven't seen round these parts in long time. Sucks to hear that you lost money. But besides that, how was your trip? Where did you stay?

Some bad recommendations in here as far as food goes. Dallas BBQ is fast food version of barbecue. Its a chain restaurant that's over saturated in the city.
The food is fine, delish actually. You can have a restaurant with great food but if the atmosphere sucks (ambiance, good looking people, and energy) it doesn't matter.

BBQ's had the most poppin' atmosphere in Times Square. 

It's the hangout spot because it's not that expensive and it's close to everything.  Motown classics, floor to ceiling windows, great staff and the FASTEST service in Times Square. I've been to 80% of the restaurants in Time Square. BBQ's is the FASTEST.

...and you can tell you don't venture in that sector that often, no one calls it Dallas BBQ's ... "BBQ's" and people know what you're talking about.

Back
Top Bottom