going to NYC March 2015

Hi guys,

My girlfriend and I are just booked our first trip to New york city. We used airbnb to stay in the Hell's kitchen area for 6days. We will not be renting a car, are new to traveling and using public transportation. We like the touristy activity and good food, but we are on a tight budget.

Where should we go?

How do you get around with public transit (subway/metro pass to get)?

NYC etiquete?

Must do activities?

what goes on in March?

What to pack for the weather?

What to avoid?

Sig check.

But on the real, I don't think you can experience NY in 6 days...

It should be a :pimp: trip, though...

Have fun bruh

heard NYC authorities were cracking down on AirBnB rentals 
nerd.gif

flying into JFK last week of march.. does it get any warmer?

Im coming from california.

Where should we go?

wtf u like to do??? 

its march it gonna be cold, wtf u from... i need info if u want some free nyc directional facts 

MTA... i suggest you and yo girl look at MTA.INFO asap and learn this **** cause u gonna get into arguments with yo manhood ego

Uptown Downtown

NYC etiquete?

Don't walk 2 slow and dont look like a absolute tourist

Must do activities?

wtf u like to do???

what goes on in March?

Its march... i guess memorial day??

Its gonna be f$cking cold

What to avoid?

The Hood

flying into JFK last week of march.. does it get any warmer?

Im coming from california.
Bring a jacket cuz it'll still be chilly
laugh.gif

To get around just buy a 1 week pass metrocard. Unlimited rides for an entire week.

Don't remember how much it is though. I usually just put down $50 on mine and when it runs out it runs out.

There are subway apps too to show you where all the trains go so download one so you don't look silly staring at the maps on the train.

As for what to avoid a couple years ago I would've told you to avoid Hell's Kitchen
laugh.gif

We had snow new years last year if im not mistaken....

OP should be fine in hells.. thats practically a wh1te/arabic neighborhood now 

Where should we go?----SoHo

How do you get around with public transit (subway/metro pass to get)?---use your phone(google maps) and dont ask too many question you can answer yourself

NYC etiquete?------

Must do activities?Stop at 2 bros pizza(St Marks)and Pie N thighs 

what goes on in March? March Madness and NBA games

What to pack for the weather? Long sleeves and shorts

What to avoid? Ninjahood!

But you have to write more of what you like to do for more help

Last edited:
I don't remember it being too cold in March of last year.

ure being sarcastic rite?

No. I went winetasting in March and was good with just rocking a sweater. But the next day needing a jacket. We do get some random warm days. I remember there was a night in December when it was strangely warm and you would've been fine just wearing a tshirt in nyc.

Hi guys,

My girlfriend and I are just booked our first trip to New york city. We used airbnb to stay in the Hell's kitchen area for 6days. We will not be renting a car, are new to traveling and using public transportation. We like the touristy activity and good food, but we are on a tight budget.

Where should we go?
NYC etiquete?
Must do activities?
what goes on in March?
What to avoid?

Let me first off welcome you to the land of the most hated on city in the world.

What city are you from?

Coming to NYC from Cali can be a major culture shock in the sense that your going from a pretty chill place (except LA probz) and coming to a hectic and cold city (at that time of year).

It will still be fairly cold (40s-50s I think) so bring a decent jacket, hat, gloves, and boots if you have a pair.

You'll already be in the city so heres my go to spots for tourists.

Time Square @ night
34th Street Herald Square during the day (for shopping)
5th ave during the day (shopping, Rockefeller center, museums, Central Park)
Soho (Broadway, Lafayette, West Broadway, West 4th, Macdougal street, Washington Square Park, Union Square Park)
Harlem during the day to get some culture
MoMa, MET, Natural History, Museo del Barrio, Guggenheim
South Street Seaport (Maybe)
Washington Heights during the day for dat culture

For Brooklyn you can take the ferry or train to Dumbo and get some ice cream at the ice cream factory (expensive) or get some pizza at lombardi's
Go to Williamsburg for the hipsters

Queens may be a stretch but during March I don't believe theres anything worth seeing here.

Ettiquette for NYC is MIND YOUR DAMN BUSINESS. Don't stare at anyone if you don't have to, walk with some pep in your step in busy areas, bring some good walking shoes, don't go into shady areas during the night, don't carry too much cash on you, don't act like a **** basically. On the train it could get pretty jam packed so be mindful of others and don't step on anyone and hold on to the rails inside the train if you are standing up.

The MTA train system can get a little confusing but it's nothing to sweat .

View media item 1245771
For specific places to eat in the city for me - soup and burger on broadway, ramen place around washington square park, st. marks place for bon chon and yakitori and just for the experience, 34th street also has some good bon chon spots, mercados pizza near washington square is decent for city pizza, cabana at south street seaport, pizza spot by the nat sherman cigar store is good too....makes you look like your in a mobster joint.

Anything else just name it specifically

Back
Top Bottom