good paying jobs for a college student?

part-time (or full-time if you can balance it) doorman. $20/hour
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

When I turned 21, I took a bartending class and got a job right away. I paid $350 for the class and made $400 in tip that very next weekend I worked. I was able to pay rent all by myself and buy things I needed, and when I work, it's like I'm getting paid to party haha. If you don't mind giving up some weekends and latenights, then I say do it. I usually pull $200 a night in tips, plus whatever my hourly is. And not to mention, the tail you can pull 
pimp.gif

When I turned 21, I took a bartending class and got a job right away. I paid $350 for the class and made $400 in tip that very next weekend I worked. I was able to pay rent all by myself and buy things I needed, and when I work, it's like I'm getting paid to party haha. If you don't mind giving up some weekends and latenights, then I say do it. I usually pull $200 a night in tips, plus whatever my hourly is. And not to mention, the tail you can pull 
pimp.gif

^ indeed. job isn't the greatest but at 20/hour why not
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

+ tips when you help people. and xmas tips and bonuses are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Retrosniipes

pimp.gif

lol I think all the bartending jobs in D.C. are pretty much filled.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Eff Ecks

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Originally Posted by djshabby2005

get a comission based job...hourly is whack...

This, I work for a corporate store for a cell phone company, and I make more then most college grads, and alot of teachers in the state of GA, and I only work like 25-30hrs a week outside of holidays.

Where you working at now son?
t-mobile,hopefully got a better gig waiting on me for graduation if all goes well

Originally Posted by Eff Ecks

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Originally Posted by djshabby2005

get a comission based job...hourly is whack...

This, I work for a corporate store for a cell phone company, and I make more then most college grads, and alot of teachers in the state of GA, and I only work like 25-30hrs a week outside of holidays.

Where you working at now son?
t-mobile,hopefully got a better gig waiting on me for graduation if all goes well

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

what hotel you work for bro?

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

pimp.gif

There gotta be some openings anywhere. Think of of the bars, clubs, and lounges around. I got a job in a main city, San Francisco. I also only work on weekends, whenever I want to. Doesn't conflict at all with my school days.

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Originally Posted by hella handsome

get either a job at a bank, or that government internship
pimp.gif
tried a swing at one of those and nothing happened, alot of students out here don't even think about gov internships, they rather work at a mall or something....

guess I should keep trying, where i'm at now is cool but it's not much at all.......plus I read that gov internships work with your school schedule...they are hard to get into though.
tired.gif

you need to be a citizen?
???

Im sayin do you gotta be a US citizen to apply for the govt internships?

pimp.gif
tried a swing at one of those and nothing happened, alot of students out here don't even think about gov internships, they rather work at a mall or something....

guess I should keep trying, where i'm at now is cool but it's not much at all.......plus I read that gov internships work with your school schedule...they are hard to get into though.
tired.gif

???

pimp.gif

There gotta be some openings anywhere. Think of of the bars, clubs, and lounges around. I got a job in a main city, San Francisco. I also only work on weekends, whenever I want to. Doesn't conflict at all with my school days.

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

A bank job easily.

I go to school and work for Wells Fargo.
Stay away from WF though.
Try going for a bank that doesn't require sales.
I know chase and BofA don't do sales anymore.

I work for BofA. We don't do "sales," but we have to have daily referrals. Definitely a good job, but I might be biased because I love my coworkers. 
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

tired.gif

???

ahhhh, I don't know my dude....wish I had the answers.

pimp.gif

tired.gif

???

ahhhh, I don't know my dude....wish I had the answers.

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

A bank job easily.

I go to school and work for Wells Fargo.
Stay away from WF though.
Try going for a bank that doesn't require sales.
I know chase and BofA don't do sales anymore.

I work for BofA. We don't do "sales," but we have to have daily referrals. Definitely a good job, but I might be biased because I love my coworkers. 
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

There gotta be some openings anywhere. Think of of the bars, clubs, and lounges around. I got a job in a main city, San Francisco. I also only work on weekends, whenever I want to. Doesn't conflict at all with my school days

doesn't hurt to look into it, and thanks everybody for the ideas.

pimp.gif

There gotta be some openings anywhere. Think of of the bars, clubs, and lounges around. I got a job in a main city, San Francisco. I also only work on weekends, whenever I want to. Doesn't conflict at all with my school days

doesn't hurt to look into it, and thanks everybody for the ideas.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

not a hotel. condominium with 200+ apartments. in nyc

Back
Top Bottom