pimp.gif
pimp.gif

+ tips when you help people. and xmas tips and bonuses are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

what hotel you work for bro?

not a hotel. condominium with 200+ apartments. in nyc

how do you get a job like that $20 ph is great, im from nyc

Maaan I'd love a doorman job, I applied for one at a hotel this past summer but besides acting friendly what can I possibly put on my resume or say during the interview that would make me stand out as a college student?

Maaan I'd love a doorman job, I applied for one at a hotel this past summer but besides acting friendly what can I possibly put on my resume or say during the interview that would make me stand out as a college student?

Running the gate at a gated community.

Started at $10.00/hr work your way up if you do your job.
I get high speed internet and HD tv with HBO

Running the gate at a gated community.

Started at $10.00/hr work your way up if you do your job.
I get high speed internet and HD tv with HBO

Originally Posted by DoEBoiFreshsince88

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

^ indeed. job isn't the greatest but at 20/hour why not
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

when i was in HS, my school had close ties to a management company. so i went in for an interveiw, drug test,etc...week later they sent me to a building to work and I been there since. Been doing part-time while going to school. Wish i was fulltime so I can join the Union. But the pay is good. I work when I can and I usually do doorman,but sometimes porter (maintenance) which gets same pay as doorman. Xmas tips you can easily make a couple to a few grand (depending on the building and type of tenants you have, idk how hotels work). and the board members/management office gives you an Xmas bonus also
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

MaaanI'd love a doorman job, I applied for one at a hotel this past summerbut besides acting friendly what can I possibly put on my resume or sayduring the interview that would make me stand out as a college student?
sorry but idk how to answer that. I know on my resume I had volunteer work/jobs where I worked with diffferent people ranging from kids to the elderly, so maybe that helped. I guess they want to see you have worked around people and held a job for awhile, year+ i would say. Also as a doorman, yea you need to be friendly, and esp. if you work in a rental/co-op/condo with permanent residents, its best to learn their names, apartment #s, kids names, anything. it def. pays off

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

when i was in HS, my school had close ties to a management company. so i went in for an interveiw, drug test,etc...week later they sent me to a building to work and I been there since. Been doing part-time while going to school. Wish i was fulltime so I can join the Union. But the pay is good. I work when I can and I usually do doorman,but sometimes porter (maintenance) which gets same pay as doorman. Xmas tips you can easily make a couple to a few grand (depending on the building and type of tenants you have, idk how hotels work). and the board members/management office gives you an Xmas bonus also
pimp.gif

MaaanI'd love a doorman job, I applied for one at a hotel this past summerbut besides acting friendly what can I possibly put on my resume or sayduring the interview that would make me stand out as a college student?
sorry but idk how to answer that. I know on my resume I had volunteer work/jobs where I worked with diffferent people ranging from kids to the elderly, so maybe that helped. I guess they want to see you have worked around people and held a job for awhile, year+ i would say. Also as a doorman, yea you need to be friendly, and esp. if you work in a rental/co-op/condo with permanent residents, its best to learn their names, apartment #s, kids names, anything. it def. pays off

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

sounds cool, I was a cashier for 3 years at a publix that might help if I found a spot like that. I dont have a car though
tired.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

sounds cool, I was a cashier for 3 years at a publix that might help if I found a spot like that. I dont have a car though
tired.gif

If you guys are trying to make 20-30/hour why don't you just intern in the summer? (no government, pay is trash).

The money you make in your summer internship will be more than you'd make in 1 year at Footlocker.

If you guys are trying to make 20-30/hour why don't you just intern in the summer? (no government, pay is trash).

The money you make in your summer internship will be more than you'd make in 1 year at Footlocker.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

sounds good, but do they even consider people who just wrapped up their freshman year? Im assuming you gotta be there from the day one school year eands to the day before the next one starts

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

sounds good, but do they even consider people who just wrapped up their freshman year? Im assuming you gotta be there from the day one school year eands to the day before the next one starts

Originally Posted by YUNG FLiP iMAGE

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

A bank job easily.

I go to school and work for Wells Fargo.
Stay away from WF though.
Try going for a bank that doesn't require sales.
I know chase and BofA don't do sales anymore.

I work for BofA. We don't do "sales," but we have to have daily referrals. Definitely a good job, but I might be biased because I love my coworkers. 
pimp.gif

if ur degree is in business, working at a bank is
pimp.gif
 because you will likely be able to get tuition reimbursement.

Originally Posted by YUNG FLiP iMAGE

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

A bank job easily.

I go to school and work for Wells Fargo.
Stay away from WF though.
Try going for a bank that doesn't require sales.
I know chase and BofA don't do sales anymore.

I work for BofA. We don't do "sales," but we have to have daily referrals. Definitely a good job, but I might be biased because I love my coworkers. 
pimp.gif

if ur degree is in business, working at a bank is
pimp.gif
 because you will likely be able to get tuition reimbursement.

Back
Top Bottom