Good thing the Hawks took Al Horford instead of Mike Conley

I remember the popular opinion last summer was that the Hawks should have taken Conley with that 3rd pick because he was going to be an elite PG...

That wouldn't have turned out well at all.

yea i think it was cuz the hawks passed on CP3 and Deron by taking Marvin....at least they got a better PG now in Bibby and Acie Law could be goodsomeday...Horford was definitely the right pick. Dude is a monster
eek.gif
, out of all the players from the UF championship teams, that's definitely the guy irespect and root for the most.

dude is a beast. I usually hate UF players but he's an exception. Going toe to toe with KG and not flinching. That's the def of swagger.

yea i think it was cuz the hawks passed on CP3 and Deron by taking Marvin..
how come marvin williams isnt improving? poor work athletic just like shelden?

Al Horford was the right pick.. They needed a big body not a pg.. They had like 5 pg's before the season even began..

And Mike Conley will improve big time.. He was showing flashes and improved an ideal amount on his shooting , which was his weak point.. And he's only20... Sooo .. his career isn't over... As long as Memphis doesn't draft a combo guard he will continue to improve..

The Hawks did the right thing indeed. Although I never liked him as a Florida Gator, Al Horford is going to be a dominant center and All-Star soon.

hopefully the hawks can get a big time center and let horford slide to his natural forward position.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

dudes a beast already.

They made the right choice, obviously.

Conley is still gona be a good one, but idk what people saw to make them think 'elite'.

The other popular opinion was Corey Brewer being the best off that UF squad for the pros...

Why couldn't have Horford stayed another year in college

I would have loved to see him in a Miami uniform

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

LOL It has only been one year man

Conley got the tools.

On a sidenote, Bibby is trash now. I hadn't really watched him play for a minute, but he's fallen off to the point that Rondo looked like the betterplayer. So I still think ATL needs a point man.

Horford might be the best player on that team in a year or two.

Originally Posted by tmac360

guy had 18 pts last night in game 6, i think its cause he's still young and still needs some maturing, when he entered the draft i thought he stillwasnt ready especially coming off the bench at unc, i guess its just going to take time for his game to mature, guy was takin 2nd based purely off potential(and size) and it still needs to develop - in atlanta
indifferent.gif

Bibby def aint like he was when the Kings were an elite team, but he's still got the skills to lead this young team. Definitely better than any other PGthey've seen in a MINUTE. This Hawks team can only go up from here IMO.

I dont think Conley would have been a bad pick. They did go right with Horford and thats because they knew they were going to have a chance to pick up Lawwith the 14th pick i believce?

What I like most about Al Horford is his fearlessness. Dude has some swag, and game to back it up. Although, I have a feeling Mike Conley JR. might besomething one day. It is juts his rookie season, and he is playing for an awful team.

SO TO all nters, which player will make a greater impact to the league in the future, Conley or Law ??

Originally Posted by tmac360

relax and take notes while I take tokes of the marijuana smoke.. homie been smoking his head off

Acie > Mike Conley Jr.

Mike knows how to manage the game very well also tho, so there's really no telling how good he'll become given the opportunity.

Originally Posted by spydertbl

SO TO all nters, which player will make a greater impact to the league in the future, Conley or Law ??

I think Conley and Law are both going to be good. Not CP3 or Deron level, but solid. I think Conley might be a bit better than Law, tho...

BUT....

Horford & Law > Conley and uh...Thad Young? Al Thornton?

(I like both them dudes...but the fact was, we weren't going to get a big man at #11. We knew Acie and/or Stuckey would be there.)

Thank God we didn't draft Yi.
laugh.gif

Conley will be a good point guard.

he averaged 9, 4 and 2 this year as a rook. those numbers are pretty good to me. if he learned an outside shot and how to better distribute the ball,he'll be a problem.

while horford may look better for the short term, i think conley would've helped in the long run.

although whoever stated the hawks made the right pick in horford because they knew they would get law at the 14th is entirely correct too. better two goodplayers than one.

but to say law > conley is
eyes.gif

as of now and in terms of improvement, seems like conley is gonna be a better than law...but honestly, who can tell the future.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

obviously Horford is good, but you talk like there's something wrong with Conley. he's gonna be a player
Acie > Mike Conley Jr.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I never said there was anything wrong with him...but it's clear he would have NEVER added what Al Horford gave this team in one year.

LOL It has only been one year man
And that's long enough to see they made the right choice

yeah, and it's clear the Nets made the right choice choosing Kerry Kittles over Kobe. i mean, Kittles more than doubled Kobe's numbers in their rookieseasons...

Back
Top Bottom