Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

^You're rambling so I need clarification. Ferentz for a next coach or should have hired Ferentz back then (3 seasons ago)? Because I think Ferentz is tied up with a big contract in Iowa.

First time in Northwestern history that we will be going to a bowl in 3 straight years!!
pimp.gif
Never leave, Pat.

He's saying they should of hired him when they let Carr go. I always thought Ferentz was overrated. He has a really good staff around him though in Norm Parker and Ken O'Keefe.

He's saying they should of hired him when they let Carr go. I always thought Ferentz was overrated. He has a really good staff around him though in Norm Parker and Ken O'Keefe.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

I am stunned at where this program is. EVERY fan would take those LLLLLyod Carr teams over RR in a heartbeat, including myself. Thats when you know something bad has happened. I just think it was a horrible fit and it is really showing itself in year 3. Bill Martin crapped the bed in that hiring process. Had Ferentz and Schiano as the ONLY two choices. No Harbaugh who is making Stanford a legit team. No Brady Hoke who is doing things with SDSU who was close to beat Mizzou. Then RRs agent calls him and they hired him. Wasn't even on their radar. Just a cluster &^%$. Oh well. I got fooled and thought this would be a good team this year.

answer Honestly , What coach could have come in and gotten any Ws out of that Blue Defense?

1/3 of being a great coach is hiring and empowering  great assistant coaches 

I am stunned at where this program is. EVERY fan would take those LLLLLyod Carr teams over RR in a heartbeat, including myself. Thats when you know something bad has happened. I just think it was a horrible fit and it is really showing itself in year 3. Bill Martin crapped the bed in that hiring process. Had Ferentz and Schiano as the ONLY two choices. No Harbaugh who is making Stanford a legit team. No Brady Hoke who is doing things with SDSU who was close to beat Mizzou. Then RRs agent calls him and they hired him. Wasn't even on their radar. Just a cluster &^%$. Oh well. I got fooled and thought this would be a good team this year.

answer Honestly , What coach could have come in and gotten any Ws out of that Blue Defense?

1/3 of being a great coach is hiring and empowering  great assistant coaches 

Bigmike is a lunatic. I was talking to myself during the game in this thread. Then I got real drunk and stared at the TV while Michigans D forgot how to tackle and cover TEs.

The ONLY reason we are running a crappy 3-3-5 is because RR and Tony Gibson think this is the Big Least and a 3 man front will work against these cornfed boys. Never going to work. That is why nobody in the league runs a 3 man front. And a 3 man front with guys under 300lbs. Mainly a guy 280lbs in Adam Patterson as your NT.

Also I wouldn't expect a team playing 4 True Frosh and a RS frosh in the secondary to do much. Plus when Tony Gibson is your position coach you aren't going to see technicians out there. Those kids look like 7th graders in how they cover people. They bail right away and lose sight of where the WRs are. Plus Kovacs and Vinopal are so un-athletic it really kills any thought of a S getting deep enough to be effective. I love how RR says this team has to be more athletic but he continues to leave Marvin Robinson on the bench when he is clearly the most athletic S on the team.

Last night they had a team with a walkon QB, 2 new starting OTs, no TEs, a WR playing CB and you still get thumped. That blows.

The real scary thing, this season will end worse than the last one. 7 straight losses and no bowl game. Ouch. RR is pretty much done IMO. Unless he can pull an upset of Wiscy or O$U (hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha) he may be looking for a new job.

you still drunk Newbs?
laugh.gif

Bigmike is a lunatic. I was talking to myself during the game in this thread. Then I got real drunk and stared at the TV while Michigans D forgot how to tackle and cover TEs.

The ONLY reason we are running a crappy 3-3-5 is because RR and Tony Gibson think this is the Big Least and a 3 man front will work against these cornfed boys. Never going to work. That is why nobody in the league runs a 3 man front. And a 3 man front with guys under 300lbs. Mainly a guy 280lbs in Adam Patterson as your NT.

Also I wouldn't expect a team playing 4 True Frosh and a RS frosh in the secondary to do much. Plus when Tony Gibson is your position coach you aren't going to see technicians out there. Those kids look like 7th graders in how they cover people. They bail right away and lose sight of where the WRs are. Plus Kovacs and Vinopal are so un-athletic it really kills any thought of a S getting deep enough to be effective. I love how RR says this team has to be more athletic but he continues to leave Marvin Robinson on the bench when he is clearly the most athletic S on the team.

Last night they had a team with a walkon QB, 2 new starting OTs, no TEs, a WR playing CB and you still get thumped. That blows.

The real scary thing, this season will end worse than the last one. 7 straight losses and no bowl game. Ouch. RR is pretty much done IMO. Unless he can pull an upset of Wiscy or O$U (hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha) he may be looking for a new job.

you still drunk Newbs?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by swizzc

Originally Posted by bijald0331

2/3rd's recruiting?

1/3 hiring a great staff, 1/3 recruiting, 1/3 scheme/motivation

To me:  1/3rd staff, 1/2 recruiting, and 1/6th scheme/motivation (scheme truly works only when one gets the players).

2/3rd's recruiting?

To me:  1/3rd staff, 1/2 recruiting, and 1/6th scheme/motivation (scheme truly works only when one gets the players).

Originally Posted by SlimK4

griffin is a BEAST
Not when he plays a team that is any good. Most over hyped QB in college football.

Yall can flame away, but TCU and Boise are the most complete teams in the country. Oregon and Auburn play no defense. They are really good teams, but its all on offense. TCU and Boise have the offense, defense, and special teams to beat anyone.

* In last 8 games, TCU's D has given up 57 points. In 8 quarters yesterday, Auburn and Oregon gave up 63 points.

*The Horned Frogs held their opponent to single digits in scoring for the sixth time in nine games this season, including five straight contests surrendering seven points or fewer.

*The Horned Frogs have held their opponent to fewer than 200 yards five times this season, including four times in its five MWC contests.

*TCU allowed 128 yards passing and remains the only team in the nation to surrender less than 200 yards in the air in every game this season.

griffin is a BEAST
Not when he plays a team that is any good. Most over hyped QB in college football.

Yall can flame away, but TCU and Boise are the most complete teams in the country. Oregon and Auburn play no defense. They are really good teams, but its all on offense. TCU and Boise have the offense, defense, and special teams to beat anyone.

* In last 8 games, TCU's D has given up 57 points. In 8 quarters yesterday, Auburn and Oregon gave up 63 points.

*The Horned Frogs held their opponent to single digits in scoring for the sixth time in nine games this season, including five straight contests surrendering seven points or fewer.

*The Horned Frogs have held their opponent to fewer than 200 yards five times this season, including four times in its five MWC contests.

*TCU allowed 128 yards passing and remains the only team in the nation to surrender less than 200 yards in the air in every game this season.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

griffin is a BEAST

do you think tcu would hold auburn or oregon under 10 pts?

under 30?

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

griffin is a BEAST

do you think tcu would hold auburn or oregon under 10 pts?

under 30?

2/3rd's recruiting?

that's kind of a chicken / egg argument... they both depend on each other to succeed, which is why i rated them equally... to take the other side of the argument, all the talent in the world can't win without a great scheme and motivation (see: USC this year)

2/3rd's recruiting?

that's kind of a chicken / egg argument... they both depend on each other to succeed, which is why i rated them equally... to take the other side of the argument, all the talent in the world can't win without a great scheme and motivation (see: USC this year)

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

DRob is gonna be a problem. I hope Chris Gallon, watkins & Crawford end up in Ann Arbor
I hope Chris is better that Jeremy, how the hell do you allow yourself to fumble a KO out of bounds? I think we were starting to mount somewhat of a comeback and then he goes and does that.

It doesnt matter if we get rid of RichRod or not, that defense still won't be good no matter who you bring in.

I like RichRod, I want his offense at UofM but he really needs to think about what league he's in and understand not all of his philosophies will work in the B10.  Brandon is pretty much looking for any reason to get rid of him.

Idk, we are *@%%$* I think.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

DRob is gonna be a problem. I hope Chris Gallon, watkins & Crawford end up in Ann Arbor
I hope Chris is better that Jeremy, how the hell do you allow yourself to fumble a KO out of bounds? I think we were starting to mount somewhat of a comeback and then he goes and does that.

It doesnt matter if we get rid of RichRod or not, that defense still won't be good no matter who you bring in.

I like RichRod, I want his offense at UofM but he really needs to think about what league he's in and understand not all of his philosophies will work in the B10.  Brandon is pretty much looking for any reason to get rid of him.

Idk, we are *@%%$* I think.

Back
Top Bottom