Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Yea man, real good pick up, makes up for losing Markeith.

D just said he committed to the staff a few weeks ago while he was on his visit to Oregon
pimp.gif

@SWiltfong247: Arnett says if Lane Kiffin was still the coach at Tennessee, Michigan State wouldve likely been the pick.

Yea man, real good pick up, makes up for losing Markeith.

D just said he committed to the staff a few weeks ago while he was on his visit to Oregon
pimp.gif

@SWiltfong247: Arnett says if Lane Kiffin was still the coach at Tennessee, Michigan State wouldve likely been the pick.

AH & IronMan, I have heard the same thing about Shelden Richardson, that he is no longer thinking mizzu and he is all Trojan

How many more slots do you guys have?

AH & IronMan, I have heard the same thing about Shelden Richardson, that he is no longer thinking mizzu and he is all Trojan

So the WAC is considering adding 3 teams for 2012...

Those teams?

Denver
Texas State
UTSA
(Possibly) Montana

laugh.gif

Just relegate them to I-AA.

Those teams?

Denver
Texas State
UTSA
(Possibly) Montana

laugh.gif

Do not think that Arnett stops looking around.

Hope we can land Dallas Crawford. Need some help in the secondary. Wouldn't mind him yapping at Sammy as well.

Do not think that Arnett stops looking around.

Hope we can land Dallas Crawford. Need some help in the secondary. Wouldn't mind him yapping at Sammy as well.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

CLK and Co. are really banking on EE's.  Slots are really dependent on how many kids can come in January.

To get a better idea, this was just posted by a columnist on the WeareSC message board.  It's a pretty thourough explanation for those that follow recruiting.
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We don't know for sure whether the NCAA sanctions apply to the 2011 recruiting class. They would have if we had not appealed. But, we did appeal and are told that all sanctions are held in abeyance until the appeal is resolved. But the date for hearing the appeal has not yet even been set so I guess it is safe to assume that it will not be this year. If so, the 2011 Letter of Intent (LOI) Day, the first Wednesday of February, will come and we will have no decision. Therefore, I guess we could take a full 25 if we chose to. To my knowledge, nobody in a position of authority has discussed this option publicly.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I would not be surprised if the NCAA hasn't even thought about that option. They obviously didn't know we had 13 games scheduled in 2010 when they put on a limit of 12. When Hawaii screamed that they were destroying this year's income stream for them, the NCAA just arbitrarily gave permission to play the game. It's a large bureaucracy and it looks like one branch does not always know what the other is doing. I don't have much confidence that we are dealing with a consistent or rational regulatory body. So predictions are problematic.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If we choose to abide by the 15 limit for 2011, even though technically we don't have to, we still have another option. There are 9 remaining open scholarships from the 2010 quota which could be filled in addition to the 15. They can only be used by players who are mid-year enrollees however. Much has been discussed about seeking players who could fill this requirement and I know the coaches are working on this strategy. Thearon Collier, the WR transfer from Miami, will count as a mid-year enrollee. If Soma Vainuku, FB from Eureka, makes his grades, he will be a mid-year enrollee. Both of the QB recruits who have given verbal commitments, Kessler and Wittek, say they will be mid-year enrollees. So there is progress being made in this area. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It looks like 56 scholarship players from this roster will be eligible to return in 2011. If we were to add the 9 from the 2010 quota and 15 from the diminished 2011 quota, we would have 80, or 5 more than the 75 limit contemplated by the sanctions. We wouldn't be in technical violation since the sanctions don't officially begin until our appeal is resolved. A roster of 80 for 2011 would project 63 holdovers for 2012. If there was some attrition, we might be down to around 60, so we could use all 15 in the first year of the sanctions and still be at 75. That assumes that we get no relief with our appeal. But no assumptions are worth the paper they are written on, in my opinion. It's all a tangle of variables that the coaches have to work with and do the best they can.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There is so much new information becoming available about players around the country receiving extra benefits that the NCAA is now challenged to appear consistent. I think that is the reason our appeal hearing has not yet been scheduled. They would deny that of course.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The NCAA is trying to enforce a fiction. The foundation of this fiction is unraveling from day-to-day and a few realists in the organization must be concerned. Where will they be if Todd McNair wins his law suit against them? In that event their case against us falls apart and our lawsuit possibilities seem very real. If they offer to lighten the sanctions, I bet they require a pledge not to sue them. All the above is just conjecture from a non-attorney.[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]At this moment in the 2010 season, I'm in a mindset that celebrates the accomplishments of our 16 seniors for the previous 3 and 4 seasons. Every accomplishment this season is now a bonus in my mind. New coaches, new system, no bowl game, a year of psychological turmoil to overcome. A winning season in 2010 is an accomplishment as far as I'm concerned. I do have to admit our games are exciting.[/font]
I bolded some parts, consider them cliff notes,
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

CLK and Co. are really banking on EE's.  Slots are really dependent on how many kids can come in January.

To get a better idea, this was just posted by a columnist on the WeareSC message board.  It's a pretty thourough explanation for those that follow recruiting.
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We don't know for sure whether the NCAA sanctions apply to the 2011 recruiting class. They would have if we had not appealed. But, we did appeal and are told that all sanctions are held in abeyance until the appeal is resolved. But the date for hearing the appeal has not yet even been set so I guess it is safe to assume that it will not be this year. If so, the 2011 Letter of Intent (LOI) Day, the first Wednesday of February, will come and we will have no decision. Therefore, I guess we could take a full 25 if we chose to. To my knowledge, nobody in a position of authority has discussed this option publicly.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I would not be surprised if the NCAA hasn't even thought about that option. They obviously didn't know we had 13 games scheduled in 2010 when they put on a limit of 12. When Hawaii screamed that they were destroying this year's income stream for them, the NCAA just arbitrarily gave permission to play the game. It's a large bureaucracy and it looks like one branch does not always know what the other is doing. I don't have much confidence that we are dealing with a consistent or rational regulatory body. So predictions are problematic.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If we choose to abide by the 15 limit for 2011, even though technically we don't have to, we still have another option. There are 9 remaining open scholarships from the 2010 quota which could be filled in addition to the 15. They can only be used by players who are mid-year enrollees however. Much has been discussed about seeking players who could fill this requirement and I know the coaches are working on this strategy. Thearon Collier, the WR transfer from Miami, will count as a mid-year enrollee. If Soma Vainuku, FB from Eureka, makes his grades, he will be a mid-year enrollee. Both of the QB recruits who have given verbal commitments, Kessler and Wittek, say they will be mid-year enrollees. So there is progress being made in this area. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It looks like 56 scholarship players from this roster will be eligible to return in 2011. If we were to add the 9 from the 2010 quota and 15 from the diminished 2011 quota, we would have 80, or 5 more than the 75 limit contemplated by the sanctions. We wouldn't be in technical violation since the sanctions don't officially begin until our appeal is resolved. A roster of 80 for 2011 would project 63 holdovers for 2012. If there was some attrition, we might be down to around 60, so we could use all 15 in the first year of the sanctions and still be at 75. That assumes that we get no relief with our appeal. But no assumptions are worth the paper they are written on, in my opinion. It's all a tangle of variables that the coaches have to work with and do the best they can.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There is so much new information becoming available about players around the country receiving extra benefits that the NCAA is now challenged to appear consistent. I think that is the reason our appeal hearing has not yet been scheduled. They would deny that of course.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The NCAA is trying to enforce a fiction. The foundation of this fiction is unraveling from day-to-day and a few realists in the organization must be concerned. Where will they be if Todd McNair wins his law suit against them? In that event their case against us falls apart and our lawsuit possibilities seem very real. If they offer to lighten the sanctions, I bet they require a pledge not to sue them. All the above is just conjecture from a non-attorney.[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]At this moment in the 2010 season, I'm in a mindset that celebrates the accomplishments of our 16 seniors for the previous 3 and 4 seasons. Every accomplishment this season is now a bonus in my mind. New coaches, new system, no bowl game, a year of psychological turmoil to overcome. A winning season in 2010 is an accomplishment as far as I'm concerned. I do have to admit our games are exciting.[/font]
I bolded some parts, consider them cliff notes,
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by DLo13

Those teams?

Denver
Texas State
UTSA
(Possibly) Montana

laugh.gif

roll.gif

i thought not all would be joining for football tho?

Originally Posted by DLo13

Those teams?

Denver
Texas State
UTSA
(Possibly) Montana

laugh.gif

roll.gif

i thought not all would be joining for football tho?

I didn't see that in the first article I read, but yeah, another article says Denver would be non-football.

Also forgot to mention, UTSA's football program doesn't even start playing until next year.

I didn't see that in the first article I read, but yeah, another article says Denver would be non-football.

Also forgot to mention, UTSA's football program doesn't even start playing until next year.

The WAC... I don't understand those moves, maybe there's some positives. Anyone have Any info or articles on that?

TennHouse, Greene is really good. Would be a major get for Tubberville

The WAC... I don't understand those moves, maybe there's some positives. Anyone have Any info or articles on that?

TennHouse, Greene is really good. Would be a major get for Tubberville

Back
Top Bottom