Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

laugh.gif
at people now mumbling that Nike was behind the leak

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
reporters...

this is not the 1st time for Joe sChode.
How do you blast a story like that without even confirming the facts with the SEC?

this is not the 1st time for Joe sChode.
How do you blast a story like that without even confirming the facts with the SEC?

Devil's Advocate, wouldnt it behoove the SEC to deny in light of Auburn's run to the national title game and Cam Newton being the driving force behind that?

Devil's Advocate, wouldnt it behoove the SEC to deny in light of Auburn's run to the national title game and Cam Newton being the driving force behind that?

and then when the NCAA investigates The SEC gets cracked ...

what would they gain? If Cam were ineligible, they'd forfiet their win over LSU, and LSU would be unbeated up to this point and in the same position as Auburn.

what would they gain? If Cam were ineligible, they'd forfiet their win over LSU, and LSU would be unbeated up to this point and in the same position as Auburn.

Kenny Rogers is a shady runner and def not credible, he has a very shady past. I posted some of his background a few pages back...

He's the guy who tried to swindle players who were already signed to agents by saying he worked for the NFLPA, and then when caught in that lie he changed his story to "he worked for the retired players association", an organization that does not exist.

Kenny Rogers is a shady runner and def not credible, he has a very shady past. I posted some of his background a few pages back...

He's the guy who tried to swindle players who were already signed to agents by saying he worked for the NFLPA, and then when caught in that lie he changed his story to "he worked for the retired players association", an organization that does not exist.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I believe that it will not result in forfeiture, Auburn's wins will be vacated.  Ineligibility will not result in a change in the W/L column for LSU or any other school that lost to Auburn.

LSU would still be 8-1.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I believe that it will not result in forfeiture, Auburn's wins will be vacated.  Ineligibility will not result in a change in the W/L column for LSU or any other school that lost to Auburn.

LSU would still be 8-1.

ok got it.

Lane Kiffin:
Lane Kiffin is a long way from Southeastern Conference country, watching from afar as the Cam Newton saga unfolds at Auburn.
As Tennessee's coach, Kiffin recruited Newton when the Florida transfer was playing in junior college. Kiffin, hired by USC in January, said the quarterback and his father made an unofficial visit to Knoxville.
"We didn't offer Cam a scholarship, which doesn't make me look very smart, but we did talk to him," Kiffin said Wednesday. "We just went in a different direction. He was a very exciting player that wasn't necessarily a perfect system fit for what we were doing, but we knew he would be great in other systems."

The controversy surrounding Newton, a Heisman Trophy frontrunner, began last week. ESPN and the New York Times reported that a former Mississippi State player said a person claiming to represent the Newton family had sought money from the school to land the quarterback.

Asked if the Newtons, or someone claiming to represent the family, ever said money would be required for Tennessee to sign Newton, Kiffin said, "No."

Kiffin said his experience in the football-crazy SEC — "You hear so many things down there" — gave him a unique perspective.

"I remember so many things said about me that weren't accurate," Kiffin said. "It was a good lesson learned. If something comes on the radio or in print, I don't think there are any facts to it at all until someone shows some proof. This is a perfect example."

ok got it.

Lane Kiffin:
Lane Kiffin is a long way from Southeastern Conference country, watching from afar as the Cam Newton saga unfolds at Auburn.
As Tennessee's coach, Kiffin recruited Newton when the Florida transfer was playing in junior college. Kiffin, hired by USC in January, said the quarterback and his father made an unofficial visit to Knoxville.
"We didn't offer Cam a scholarship, which doesn't make me look very smart, but we did talk to him," Kiffin said Wednesday. "We just went in a different direction. He was a very exciting player that wasn't necessarily a perfect system fit for what we were doing, but we knew he would be great in other systems."

The controversy surrounding Newton, a Heisman Trophy frontrunner, began last week. ESPN and the New York Times reported that a former Mississippi State player said a person claiming to represent the Newton family had sought money from the school to land the quarterback.

Asked if the Newtons, or someone claiming to represent the family, ever said money would be required for Tennessee to sign Newton, Kiffin said, "No."

Kiffin said his experience in the football-crazy SEC — "You hear so many things down there" — gave him a unique perspective.

"I remember so many things said about me that weren't accurate," Kiffin said. "It was a good lesson learned. If something comes on the radio or in print, I don't think there are any facts to it at all until someone shows some proof. This is a perfect example."

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

I was on SbB and I saw this pic of Killa 
laugh.gif

0511bf0c9e2b39816ff0d0024de5b0a7_camnewton.jpg

C'mon Cam 
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
He got that $75 suit from Porta Bella with a free hat and cane for half off.
[h3]Is Syracuse-Rutgers big for recruiting?[/h3]
November, 10, 2010
Nov 10

6:13

PM ET

By Brian Bennett

Here's a question I've gotten in my mailbag and on my chat this week: Is this weekend's Syracuse-Rutgers game big for recruiting purposes?

It's an interesting and pertinent question, since Doug Marrone has said that recruiting the New York-New Jersey area is a priority for the Orange as it should be. The Garden State in particular is one in which Marrone would like to build more bridges. Syracuse currently has only eight players on the roster from New Jersey, with four of them -- linebacker Marquis Spruill, defensive back Da'mon Merkerson, kicker Ross Krautman and offensive lineman Zack Chibane -- playing major roles.

"I think we have to do a better job of recruiting in New Jersey," Marrone said on Monday's Big East teleconference. "I think we haven't done a very good job in years past since Coach Pasqualoni and Coach DeLeone left because they had such a good foundation and good relationships in New Jersey. We've been fighting to get back that foundation."

Syracuse's current class of 2011 includes no New Jersey players, while last year's class had only one -- receiver Dyshawn Davis, who didn't qualify. The Orange have gotten some New York players that Rutgers wanted, like linebacker Malcom Cater and offensive lineman Andrew Tiller, but for the most part the schools haven't gone head to head much for high-profile prospects. (And the Scarlet Knights have landed their fair share players from New York, such as true freshman running back Jordan Thomas, who went to the same high school as Chandler and Arthur Jones).

Lots of factors go into a recruit's choice, but I'm not sure a head-to-head matchup between the schools does the job. Look at Pittsburgh, which has lately been getting top prospects out of Rutgers' backyard despite the fact that the Panthers snapped a four-game losing streak to the Scarlet Knights just last season.

It's more important for the Orange to rebuild their brand and gain positive publicity, which they have done this year by getting to the edge of bowl eligibility. Syracuse is getting to be cool again, and a strong finish and postseason trip will only help that. Then it takes building relationships in the state.

"We just try to sell our school on what we have to offer," Marrone said. "I don't really look at is if we win, we get kids. I think schools are who they are. They get the kids they should get."

This Saturday's game might be a battle for the New Era Pinstripe Bowl, and if this grows into a strong rivalry that will only help the Big East. But I doubt this one game makes a huge impact in recruiting.

One game won't make an impact in recruiting but Cuse's rise to success in the future will be heavily dependent on who we can get out of Jersey and the NYC area.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

I was on SbB and I saw this pic of Killa 
laugh.gif

0511bf0c9e2b39816ff0d0024de5b0a7_camnewton.jpg

C'mon Cam 
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
He got that $75 suit from Porta Bella with a free hat and cane for half off.
[h3]Is Syracuse-Rutgers big for recruiting?[/h3]
November, 10, 2010
Nov 10

6:13

PM ET

By Brian Bennett

Here's a question I've gotten in my mailbag and on my chat this week: Is this weekend's Syracuse-Rutgers game big for recruiting purposes?

It's an interesting and pertinent question, since Doug Marrone has said that recruiting the New York-New Jersey area is a priority for the Orange as it should be. The Garden State in particular is one in which Marrone would like to build more bridges. Syracuse currently has only eight players on the roster from New Jersey, with four of them -- linebacker Marquis Spruill, defensive back Da'mon Merkerson, kicker Ross Krautman and offensive lineman Zack Chibane -- playing major roles.

"I think we have to do a better job of recruiting in New Jersey," Marrone said on Monday's Big East teleconference. "I think we haven't done a very good job in years past since Coach Pasqualoni and Coach DeLeone left because they had such a good foundation and good relationships in New Jersey. We've been fighting to get back that foundation."

Syracuse's current class of 2011 includes no New Jersey players, while last year's class had only one -- receiver Dyshawn Davis, who didn't qualify. The Orange have gotten some New York players that Rutgers wanted, like linebacker Malcom Cater and offensive lineman Andrew Tiller, but for the most part the schools haven't gone head to head much for high-profile prospects. (And the Scarlet Knights have landed their fair share players from New York, such as true freshman running back Jordan Thomas, who went to the same high school as Chandler and Arthur Jones).

Lots of factors go into a recruit's choice, but I'm not sure a head-to-head matchup between the schools does the job. Look at Pittsburgh, which has lately been getting top prospects out of Rutgers' backyard despite the fact that the Panthers snapped a four-game losing streak to the Scarlet Knights just last season.

It's more important for the Orange to rebuild their brand and gain positive publicity, which they have done this year by getting to the edge of bowl eligibility. Syracuse is getting to be cool again, and a strong finish and postseason trip will only help that. Then it takes building relationships in the state.

"We just try to sell our school on what we have to offer," Marrone said. "I don't really look at is if we win, we get kids. I think schools are who they are. They get the kids they should get."

This Saturday's game might be a battle for the New Era Pinstripe Bowl, and if this grows into a strong rivalry that will only help the Big East. But I doubt this one game makes a huge impact in recruiting.

One game won't make an impact in recruiting but Cuse's rise to success in the future will be heavily dependent on who we can get out of Jersey and the NYC area.

Back
Top Bottom