Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

The love affair with Cam is over fellas. It sucks and it's a complete buzzkill to this season IMO. Happens to the best though...As in you want to believe, but at the end of the day, the great stories 80% of the time come crashing down because some ethical, legal, or immoral wrong.

It's just sad that it includes the people around him who ultimately brought him down. His father of all people. It's a shame. 
frown.gif

The love affair with Cam is over fellas. It sucks and it's a complete buzzkill to this season IMO. Happens to the best though...As in you want to believe, but at the end of the day, the great stories 80% of the time come crashing down because some ethical, legal, or immoral wrong.

It's just sad that it includes the people around him who ultimately brought him down. His father of all people. It's a shame. 
frown.gif

The sad part is it doesn't even matter if its true or not the media has ran with it and it has become a smear campaign. Hate it but I don't know why these cats deal with scum in any matter.

The sad part is it doesn't even matter if its true or not the media has ran with it and it has become a smear campaign. Hate it but I don't know why these cats deal with scum in any matter.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

The WAC... I don't understand those moves, maybe there's some positives. Anyone have Any info or articles on that?

TennHouse, Greene is really good. Would be a major get for Tubberville
Basically those are the only teams that are interested in joining.

The pros: Keep the WAC together for the time being; the conference has had a strong history with Texas schools; and, since those programs are still young, maybe they develop into another Boise State.

The cons: Geographically it just doesn't make sense, but that's the way the WAC is. They aren't going to entice teams from the Pac-10 or MWC to come over so they have to find programs that are looking to grow. Unfortunately, once they do blossom, they bolt for greener pastures, although I can't say I blame them considering the travel costs of the WAC.

I'm not thrilled with the choices, but it opens the door for Hawaii to dominate the conference. The travel distance won't help the team, but who knows what this will lead to for the program if it is successful. A lot of people want independence, some are still holding out hope that the MWC will extend an invitation in the future. I'm not holding my breath for either.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

The WAC... I don't understand those moves, maybe there's some positives. Anyone have Any info or articles on that?

TennHouse, Greene is really good. Would be a major get for Tubberville
Basically those are the only teams that are interested in joining.

The pros: Keep the WAC together for the time being; the conference has had a strong history with Texas schools; and, since those programs are still young, maybe they develop into another Boise State.

The cons: Geographically it just doesn't make sense, but that's the way the WAC is. They aren't going to entice teams from the Pac-10 or MWC to come over so they have to find programs that are looking to grow. Unfortunately, once they do blossom, they bolt for greener pastures, although I can't say I blame them considering the travel costs of the WAC.

I'm not thrilled with the choices, but it opens the door for Hawaii to dominate the conference. The travel distance won't help the team, but who knows what this will lead to for the program if it is successful. A lot of people want independence, some are still holding out hope that the MWC will extend an invitation in the future. I'm not holding my breath for either.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

The media will, and forever, be a burden on everything we perceive of professional sports and more. It's a bummer only in the fact that athletes of yesteryear were no different and most had their own problems, but the media wasn't a mainstream medium or, in other words, didn't have access to numerous amounts of outlets with quick publishing resources.

The media will, and forever, be a burden on everything we perceive of professional sports and more. It's a bummer only in the fact that athletes of yesteryear were no different and most had their own problems, but the media wasn't a mainstream medium or, in other words, didn't have access to numerous amounts of outlets with quick publishing resources.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

The funny part is, when we hear stories about what those cats did back in the day we laugh and say thats how it was. Well... this is how it is today. These kids are still getting paid. The guys in charge of CFB think they can regulate everything that is happening and they just make things get messier and messier. 
The main problem is guys are so sensitive now and can't take an L when they lose out on something. Always running to higher ups to try and get themselves big time. These guys wish they had the talent and shine that the athletes have so they have to try and bring them down. 

Times have changed. Dudes in the past were a lot stronger mentally and knew where they stood in society. Our society is just getting softer and softer. 

The funny part is, when we hear stories about what those cats did back in the day we laugh and say thats how it was. Well... this is how it is today. These kids are still getting paid. The guys in charge of CFB think they can regulate everything that is happening and they just make things get messier and messier. 
The main problem is guys are so sensitive now and can't take an L when they lose out on something. Always running to higher ups to try and get themselves big time. These guys wish they had the talent and shine that the athletes have so they have to try and bring them down. 

Times have changed. Dudes in the past were a lot stronger mentally and knew where they stood in society. Our society is just getting softer and softer. 

If the media went away you would be the same ones complaining that you cant find any coverage of your favorite team anywhere.

If the media went away you would be the same ones complaining that you cant find any coverage of your favorite team anywhere.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

The media is to blame but I am saying that peoples mindset have changed over the past decade. There are more media outlets now and everyone is vying for the top spot/ breaking stories but if people weren't running to them these would not be as major.

The media is to blame but I am saying that peoples mindset have changed over the past decade. There are more media outlets now and everyone is vying for the top spot/ breaking stories but if people weren't running to them these would not be as major.

Nah...He was just trying to stick is worthless .02 cents in.

30t6p3b.gif
at how bad Boise is Demolishing Idaho...
laugh.gif
them dudes came out clownin and poppin %+$% and tryin to fight and are getting STEAMROLLED HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

there's some real positive Vibes about a cple Visits right now.

OG Marcus Jackson ( Cane Commit) isnt feeling the direction of the Miami team, Ive heard that this could turn out to be a de-commit/commit to Tennessee situation
RB Mike Bellamy (Clemson Commit)  is in Knoxville, and this could be this yrs Da'Rick Rogers for us

Nick O'Leary is on his official visit to FSU.

30t6p3b.gif
at how bad Boise is Demolishing Idaho...
laugh.gif
them dudes came out clownin and poppin %+$% and tryin to fight and are getting STEAMROLLED HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

there's some real positive Vibes about a cple Visits right now.

OG Marcus Jackson ( Cane Commit) isnt feeling the direction of the Miami team, Ive heard that this could turn out to be a de-commit/commit to Tennessee situation
RB Mike Bellamy (Clemson Commit)  is in Knoxville, and this could be this yrs Da'Rick Rogers for us

Nick O'Leary is on his official visit to FSU.

Like yours was so great. Oh the media is ruining everything $$$....Crying about the media is lame.

These guys wish they had the talent and shine that the athletes have so they have to try and bring them down. 
This might be even more ridiculous.

And yes, there are more outlets to break these stories which makes everyone want to be the first, but you dont think that was happening back in the day? The papers and radio were still trying to break stories first, it just took longer to get the info out.

Like yours was so great. Oh the media is ruining everything $$$....Crying about the media is lame.

These guys wish they had the talent and shine that the athletes have so they have to try and bring them down. 
This might be even more ridiculous.

And yes, there are more outlets to break these stories which makes everyone want to be the first, but you dont think that was happening back in the day? The papers and radio were still trying to break stories first, it just took longer to get the info out.

Back
Top Bottom