Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

[h3]Report: Cam Newton's dad admits he sought money from Mississippi State[/h3]

10:45 PM

21 Comments

6 Recommend

Cecil Newton Sr., the father of Auburn quarterback Cam Newton, has admitted to seeking money from a former Mississippi State player in exchange for his son signing with the school, according to a TV station in Atlanta.

A person told a reporter at WSB-TV that Newton Sr. said he received no money and the conversations did not involve Mississippi State officials. Newton Sr. also stressed that Cam Newton or his mother was unaware of the discussions.

The story is the latest piece to the saga that has unfolded in the last nine days.

Kenny Rogers told a Dallas radio station on Thursday that he spoke with Cecil Newton Sr. about how much it would take for his son to sign with Mississippi State.

The admission came one day after Mississippi State acknowledged it forwarded information to the NCAA regarding possible issues related to Newton's recruitment.

Auburn has steadfastly supported Cam Newton, but Friday would not comment on his playing status against Georgia on Saturday after earlier saying he would play

[h3]Report: Cam Newton's dad admits he sought money from Mississippi State[/h3]

10:45 PM

21 Comments

6 Recommend

Cecil Newton Sr., the father of Auburn quarterback Cam Newton, has admitted to seeking money from a former Mississippi State player in exchange for his son signing with the school, according to a TV station in Atlanta.

A person told a reporter at WSB-TV that Newton Sr. said he received no money and the conversations did not involve Mississippi State officials. Newton Sr. also stressed that Cam Newton or his mother was unaware of the discussions.

The story is the latest piece to the saga that has unfolded in the last nine days.

Kenny Rogers told a Dallas radio station on Thursday that he spoke with Cecil Newton Sr. about how much it would take for his son to sign with Mississippi State.

The admission came one day after Mississippi State acknowledged it forwarded information to the NCAA regarding possible issues related to Newton's recruitment.

Auburn has steadfastly supported Cam Newton, but Friday would not comment on his playing status against Georgia on Saturday after earlier saying he would play

Anyone find it strange that Kenny Rogers' son was committed to play for Tommy Tuberville at Texas Tech, then de-committed from TTU once all of this Cam Newton stuff started going down?

And:

jl456s.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Anyone find it strange that Kenny Rogers' son was committed to play for Tommy Tuberville at Texas Tech, then de-committed from TTU once all of this Cam Newton stuff started going down?

And:

jl456s.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Colorado has Mike Bellotti and Mark Richt on their early list to replace Hawkins.

Bellotti, I could see. Reportedly wants to coach again, could stay in the Pac...but I thought CU had no $$$$?

Even if Richt does get fired, I can't see him taking that !#*! job. And again, where's the $$$$?

Colorado has Mike Bellotti and Mark Richt on their early list to replace Hawkins.

Bellotti, I could see. Reportedly wants to coach again, could stay in the Pac...but I thought CU had no $$$$?

Even if Richt does get fired, I can't see him taking that !#*! job. And again, where's the $$$$?

Originally Posted by DLo13

do they have alum with deep pockets?

Originally Posted by DLo13

Nowitzness might know better than I, but every article about Hawkins' firing and their search seems to mention their issues with the buyout and then hiring a bigger name coach...

Also saw one piece that said Mike Leach has said he has no interest.

Nowitzness might know better than I, but every article about Hawkins' firing and their search seems to mention their issues with the buyout and then hiring a bigger name coach...

Also saw one piece that said Mike Leach has said he has no interest.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
have yall heard Leach call a game yet?

Dude obviously be high and drunk
30t6p3b.gif

No, but I hear him all the time on his Sirius radio program with Jack Arute. Talk about an interesting duo. If Leach isn't the drunk then you know Arute is.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
have yall heard Leach call a game yet?

Dude obviously be high and drunk
30t6p3b.gif

No, but I hear him all the time on his Sirius radio program with Jack Arute. Talk about an interesting duo. If Leach isn't the drunk then you know Arute is.

Leach in Boulder would be a trip. He'd probably end up getting fired after pictures of him passing a bong with some coeds surfaced.
laugh.gif

Leach in Boulder would be a trip. He'd probably end up getting fired after pictures of him passing a bong with some coeds surfaced.
laugh.gif

Yeah but they are going to need a whole lot of convincing to spend that money. Bohn is going to have to do a lot of hard selling because if they want to get a 'big' name coach that money won't come from their athletic program because they are flat broke.

Yeah but they are going to need a whole lot of convincing to spend that money. Bohn is going to have to do a lot of hard selling because if they want to get a 'big' name coach that money won't come from their athletic program because they are flat broke.

Back
Top Bottom