Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

After this showing I don't see why there would be any reason to put Jacory Harris back in for the remainder of the season.

there has to be something in the water in south bend.

Brian Kelly has turned into Charlie seemingly over night.

Originally Posted by YoungBuck32

Jacory Harris should never see the field again. Stephen Morris is the goods and hopefully our coaches don't screw him up.
He is efficient and isnt just throwing rainbows

Im interested in seeing if Jacory shoulder has been 100 % all yr? Im trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, He seems to have lost all his arm strength
lol poole is a beast

I concur
pimp.gif

“I don’t really care who’s the source in any story.  I don’t care and I don’t know why people are so worked up about it. … I always struggle to understand why there’s such a quest to figure out who exactly passed along what information to who.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by YoungBuck32

Jacory Harris should never see the field again. Stephen Morris is the goods and hopefully our coaches don't screw him up.
He is efficient and isnt just throwing rainbows

Im interested in seeing if Jacory shoulder has been 100 % all yr? Im trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, He seems to have lost all his arm strength
lol poole is a beast

I concur
pimp.gif

don't think it's the arm strength with Jacory. While he isn't going to be throwing lasers out there, his footwork is HORRIBLE. He throws off of his back foot too much and I can't recall any QB doing it as much as he has.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

“I don’t really care who’s the source in any story.  I don’t care and I don’t know why people are so worked up about it. … I always struggle to understand why there’s such a quest to figure out who exactly passed along what information to who.

Northwestern is giving up way to many sideline opportunities for Iowa to drive the ball, hopefully they can still pull out the W

Wow, what a catch right there by McNutt

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Bucky 83 Indiana 20 
laugh.gif

Seriously, Wisconsin had their 3rd and 4th string in the entire 4th qtr and were gaining 10+ yds per run, practically untouched.  Indiana totally quit. What was Wisconsin supposed to do?  You can't just kneel it down with 12+ minutes left.

Maybe we can put up 100 on Michigan next week.

[h1]Scarbinsky: Could Albert Means be part of Auburn's defense of Cam Newton?[/h1][h5]Published: Saturday, November 13, 2010, 1:28 PM     Updated: Saturday, November 13, 2010, 1:32 PM[/h5]
Kevin Scarbinsky, Birmingham News
Follow

Share this story

Story tools

9045542-large.jpg
Cam Newton during the preseason, before the world at large knew what was coming, on or off the field. (The Birmingham News / Hal Yeager)

AUBURN

You think politics makes strange bedfellows? Politics has got nothing on college football.

10Share

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/11/post_112.html#comments 28 Comments

Consider the possibility that Auburn could find an unlikely ally in its defense of Cam Newton.

Albert Means.

What does a former Alabama defensive lineman have to do with the current
Auburn quarterback? Maybe nothing. Or maybe something that could help save Auburn's dream season down the road.

It's too soon in the investigative process to tell, and it's not an exact parallel, but the NCAA infractions case at Alabama that centered on Means could provide some sort of precedent for what is sure to be an NCAA infractions case that centers on Newton.

Newton just bounced and smiled his way through Tiger Walk. It was a real statement from Auburn after days of intense private discussion and virtual public silence.

The best player in college football is expected to play here this afternoon against Georgia, but not because he's already played 10 games and there's no turning back. That's not the way this process works behind the scenes, far removed from the hysteria of sensational radio interviews and breathless tweets.

Auburn has had to decide whether to play Newton based on what it knows, or can be reasonably expected to know, at this time. If he plays today, as expected, the school still could decide to sit him for the Iron Bowl if it discovers new information in the interim.

When Auburn let Newton practice Thursday, it believed he was eligible. By NCAA rule, ineligible players aren't allowed to practice.

When Auburn let Newton get on the bus Friday to travel to the team hotel, Auburn believed he was eligible. By NCAA rule, ineligible players aren't allowed to travel with the team.

Nothing seems to have changed today. If Newton plays, as expected, it'll be because Auburn believes he is eligible after learning the following things this week:

Newton's father, Cecil, has admitted to the people looking into the matter
that he talked about money with Mississippi State when State was recruiting the
quarterback out of Blinn College.

Cecil Newton also has told those people that neither his son nor Auburn knew of his discussion with Mississippi State.

If Newton played for State, his father's admission that he, in effect, was
shopping his son to that school would certainly force State to declare him
ineligible.

But Newton plays for Auburn.

Enter the Means parallel.

Means signed with and played for Alabama out of high school in Memphis. The
NCAA later ruled that two of his high school coaches had shopped Means and that
an Alabama booster had provided extra benefits to those coaches to steer him to Tuscaloosa.

That made Means ineligible - at Alabama. But the NCAA allowed him to transfer
to and play for the University of Memphis, another Division I-A football
program.

Why? Two reasons. The NCAA had no supportable evidence that the high school coaches had pitched Means to Memphis or received any benefits from Memphis. And the NCAA had no supportable evidence that Means or his family had received any of the benefits the Alabama booster provided his high school coaches.

Sound familiar?

At the moment, it appears that Auburn has no supportable evidence that Cecil Newton pitched his son to Auburn; or that Cam Newton knew of his father's pitch to Mississippi State; or that anyone connected to the Newton family received any extra benefits to get the quarterback to sign with the Tigers.

Key phrase: At the moment.

Obviously, one big difference between the two cases is that Means was shopped by his high school coaches and that Newton was shopped, at least to State, by his father. It may strain credulity to believe that Cecil Newton shopped his son to Mississippi State and that his son didn't know, but in NCAA matters, it doesn't matter what anyone believes. It matters what someone can prove.

If Newton plays today, as expected, Auburn will trust that he didn't know what his father now has admitted to doing during his recruiting.

If someone has credible evidence to the contrary - and the ESPN story in which an unnamed Mississippi State "recruiter" allegedly was told by Cam Newton himself that his father decided to send him to Auburn because "the money was too much" suggests it's possible - look out.
Auburn once trusted Cecil Newton, too.

Back
Top Bottom