Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Teryl Austin being rumored around Austin...

Lots of names been thrown around, though... Shannon, Austin, Everett Withers...

[h1]Source: Gus Malzahn to stay at Auburn[/h1]

By Chris Low
ESPN.com
Archive

[h5]Gus Malzahn Turns Down Vanderbilt[/h5]
College Football Live discusses Gus Malzahn decision to stay at AuburnTags: College Football, Auburn Tigers, Vanderbilt Commodores, Gus Malzahn, College Football Live
Gus Malzahn Turns Down Vanderbilt
[h6]VIDEO PLAYLIST
video2.png
[/h6]
Vanderbilt made an aggressive push for Auburn offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn, but Malzahn has decided to stay at Auburn, a source told ESPN.com.

Malzahn, in his second season at Auburn, had emerged as Vanderbilt's top target and was offered a lucrative financial package. After mulling it over for the last two days, Malzahn decided it was best he stay put.

[h4]SEC blog[/h4]
low_chris_m.jpg
ESPN.com's Chris Low writes about all things SEC in his conference blog.

• Blog network:
College Football Nation

The Tigers, who will play next month in the Tostitos BCS National Championship Game, are ranked sixth nationally in scoring offense and seventh nationally in total offense. They're averaging 42.7 points per game.

Malzahn has quickly gained the reputation as one of the most innovative offensive minds in the college game. He was named the Broyles Award winner this season as the top assistant coach in the country.

With Malzahn out of the picture, Maryland offensive coordinator James Franklin is thought to be the front-runner for the Vanderbilt head job.

Chris Low covers SEC football for ESPN.com.

Ohhhh yeah.

Speaking of Texas, I forgot that Muschamp was Mario Edwards Jr. 's main recruiter. Mario has an interest in Texas simply b/c it is Texas and they run the state. But his feelings towards them were stronger b/c of Muschamp. Muschamp has been recruiting him longer than anyone and has known Mario since he was a kid (Muschamp and Mario Edwards Sr. used to work together). I don't see any way that Mario Sr. allows Jr. to go to UF (*fingers crossed*) and FSU was closing the gap on UT (Though UT still had the lead) before Muschamp even left.
pimp.gif

Mario Edwards Jr, Dante Fowler and Jelani Hamilton @ DE for 2012? Yes please
happy.gif

/FSU talk.

Man this CFB season flew by
30t6p3b.gif

Ye of little faith!
Nike set to unveil Oregon Ducks uniforms for BCS National Championship game

Nike on Tuesday will unveil the BCS National Championship game uniforms that the Oregon Ducks will wear in their Jan. 10 title game against the Auburn Tigers.

The Beaverton-area based company is hosting a media event for the unveiling at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

You might think the Ducks alone would merit their own media event, considering their status as the fashionistas of college football, the subject of pregame speculation throughout the season for their myriad helmet, jersey, pants, socks, shoe and glove combinations.

But no. Nike also will unveil the BCS uniforms for the TCU Horned Frogs, Boise State Broncos and Florida Gators. TCU and Florida have worn helmets this season specially designed by Nike and painted by a Dundee, Ore., company, Hydro Graphics.

Three of the five NFL players participating in the event have Oregon ties: Ndamukong Suh, Detroit Lions defensive lineman, played at Grant High School; Clay Matthews, Green Bay Packers outside linebacker, is brother of Ducks linebacker Casey Matthews; and Steven Jackson, St. Louis Rams running back, played at Oregon State. Also participating are Dwyane Bowe, a wideout with Kansas City's NFL team and Felix Jones, a Dallas Cowboys running back. Desmond Howard, the former Heisman Trophy winner who was a Super Bowl most valuable player with the Packers, will be the emcee.

Auburn, by the way, does not wear Nike-sponsored gear. Even worse, in Nike's view, the Tigers are affiliated with Under Armour, a chief Nike competitor in the collegiate football world. That competition is expected to be a continuing back story in the buildup to the title game

TCU got LaDarius Brown WR from Waxahachie. I hear he is pretty legit. Anyone know anything about him?

Sam- UNC people feel that we are in front for the Hughes recruitment. He announces on Saturday so we will see soon enough. I think he's going to be an EE as well.

I'm pumped to see what Nike comes up with for Oregon's jerseys. Why are those NFL players going to be there though... Do they have Tuesdays off or something?

The Big Ten is sounding worse than the LFL. They have lost their damn minds. Change the name of the conference and then geographically rename the divisions. I swear if that was the best idea, they should be ashamed.

Originally Posted by IYE2

Originally Posted by cartune

What the hell is an Al Golden? You fire a coach then hire one with the same damn record but in an inferior conference? Did they even try to go after Kirby Smart? What happened to Leach begging for the job?  Why fire Shannon if all you're looking for is an average coach. We had average for a while now.
30t6p3b.gif

So much wrong here.
O Que?

Silly HR formalities...
laugh.gif

http://utdirect.utexas.ed...job_nbr=10-12-13-01-0807

[h1]The University of Texas at Austin Job Posting[/h1]

Go to my application

Job title Assistant Football Coach, Defensive Coordinator (Assistant Coach)

FLSA status Exempt

Posting number 10-12-13-01-0807

Job status Open

Basic Information

Date available 12/18/2010

Position duration Funding expected to continue

Position open to all applicants

Monthly salary OPEN

Hours per week 40.00 Variable

Location Austin (main campus)

Hiring department Intercol Athletics

Number of vacancies 1

General notes Additional hours will be required during peak periods to includeevenings, weekends, and holidays. Interstate and intrastate travel isrequired to include overnight stays.

Required Application Materials

A Resume is required in order to apply.

Go to Document Management to upload required materials.

Additional Information

Purpose of position Coordinatesthe defense and assists with recruiting and coaching student-athletesin the sport of football at The University of Texas at Austin.

Essential functions Coachstudent-athletes in the sport of football. Create the overall game planof the football defense, including personnel groups and substitutions.Manage the defense against the run and the pass. Create and maintainthe defense play book and drive chart. Manage the practice organizationincluding practice videos. Maintain the defense press box organization,scouting report, pregame field organization, and defense cut ups. Recruitstudent-athletes to participate in the sport of football. Evaluate alldefense recruits. Evaluate recruits in the central Texas region.Represent the Athletics Department and UT Austin at various alumni,donor, and departmental functions/events. Perform other relatedfunctions as may be assigned by the Head Football Coach.

Marginal/Incidental functions Other related functions as assigned.

Required qualifications Bachelor's degree. Successful experience as an assistant football coachat an elite level. Experience coaching in the NFL. Ability to projectthe image of the University of Texas and the UT Men's AthleticsDepartment with dignity and grace regardless of circumstances andenvironments. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.Professional demeanor.

Preferred qualifications Minimumtwelve (12) years coaching experience in a university 1-A program.Minimum 7 years experience coaching in the NFL. Experience coaching ata BCS school. Experience with recruiting prospective student-athletes.Thorough knowledge of all facets of football operations including teamtravel, logistics, planning, recruiting, housing, game day ops, andoffice management. Experience using XOS technology and ACS software.Demonstrated high ethical standards in all aspects of professionalcareer.

Working conditions Uniforms and/or personal protection equipment (furnished). May work in all weather conditions. May work in extreme temperatures. May work around standard office conditions. Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation. Use of manual dexterity. Climbing of stairs. Climbing of ladders. Lifting and moving.
Exposure to large crowds; weekend, evening and holiday work; intrastateand interstate travel; work long hours during peak periods; directcustomer contact

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I hear he is pretty legit. Anyone know anything about him?
Yes, yall took him from Texas... that says it all

He was never really very high on Texas. It was always a TAMU/TCU battle. TCU's been out in front for a long time, it's about time he made it official.

I was really wanting this kid, but I think he was wanting to stay as close to home as possible. He'll be really good at TCU.

Ladarius Brown is really, really good. Great receiver, would be a great safety if he played there at the next level, too.. He's a huge get.

And they didn't take him from Texas. He wasn't ever going there. He wasn't ever going anywhere that wasn't half an hour from home. People say he's a momma's boy that didn't wanna get too far away from home and never took recruiting very seriously. He's been all TCU for months now. He never even really gave anybody else a real sniff after a couple of visits to Texas and A&M.

Regardless, he's a hell of a football player.

When I left work I heard it was a big controversy but didnt hear the rest... post up whats goin on for me

Edit. I found it... thanks tho

No doubt it's major. He's the biggest recruit they've ever gotten in the modern era.

I may be splitting hairs here, but for whatever reason he was never really interested in any other schools. I know for sure TAMU tried to get him on campus multiple times, but he kept backing out at the last minute. TCU may have lucked out by being the closest D1 program to Waxahachie. Regardless of why they got him, like you said, he's a great get.

Great size and strength, good speed, very athletic. Tre, do you know if y'all are gonna start him out on offense of defense? I think he could make an immediate impact at WR, but might take a little bit longer at S.

Iowa suspends DJK and now their rb? They're screwed, i don't know if the big 10 will even win half their bowl games this year

Back
Top Bottom