Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by after h0urs

SMH at this OSU situation. NCAA gave SC 2 years based on Reggie's involvement in 2 bowls now they allow these players to play in a bowl game and defer the penalty till next season? The hypocrisy is ridiculous
Dude, stop bringing logic to the conversation.
laugh.gif

The fact that the NCAA continues to accept the "I didn't know" card is baffling.  Like these OSU kids didn't know they couldn't peddle their #$!@, do these dudes live in a bubble?  They didn't hear about Dez and AJ Green getting suspended.  Yeah *%#!$++ right.

Cam still being eligible after his dad committed that violation is still
roll.gif
.  It's alright Cam didn't know,
roll.gif

0.jpg

"I'm sorry officer NCAA, I didnt know I couldnt do that."

http://ad.doubleclick.net/click;h=v...te-lane-kiffin-.html;~aopt=2/1/7e66/1;~sscs=?
[h1]USC football: NCAA appeal hearing set for Jan. 22, Pat Haden says[/h1]
December 23, 2010 |  2:35pm

USC's hearing before the NCAA's Infractions Appeals Committee will take place Jan. 22 in Indianapolis, Athletic Director Pat Haden said Thursday.

USC is appealing sanctions handed down last summer that included a two-year bowl ban and the reduction of 30 scholarships over three years. The school was penalized, in part, because Reggie Bush and his parents were found to have accepted prohibited extra benefits from agents and would-be sports marketers. Bush's stepfather also helped set up a fledgling sports marketing venture.

Haden; USC President Max Nikias; David Roberts, the school's vice president for athletic compliance; and the university's legal representatives are expected to attend the hearing.

USC's hearing will come approximately four weeks after the second of two controversial NCAA decisions this month.

The NCAA announced Thursday that five of six Ohio State football players who violated preferential-treatment bylaws would be suspended for the first five games of the 2011 season but that all of the players would be allowed to participate in the Jan. 4 Sugar Bowl against Arkansas.

The announcement came three weeks after the NCAA determined that Auburn quarterback Cam Newton was eligible despite the fact that his father broke NCAA rules for his role in a pay-for-play scenario when his son was being recruited from a junior college. Cam Newton later won the Heisman Trophy and will lead Auburn against Oregon in the Bowl Championship Series title game on Jan. 10.

Haden said after the Newton ruling that it was at odds with how USC's beefed-up compliance department was trying to educate athletes and their parents regarding NCAA rules. He also said that school attorneys probably would review the case.

Haden said he did not know enough about the Ohio State situation to comment.

"I'm just worried about us," he said. "It's a just reminder of the constant vigilance you must have."

-- Gary Klein

I'm an OSU fan... smh at NCAA. Those 5 that are suspended should have been suspended immediately. It's all about that Sugar Bowl money though.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

Originally Posted by dland24

A bunch of Ohio State players being investigated right now huh? Pryor too? Could be interesting.
emoticnerd.gif

It won't stick. Them cats get everything for free around here, but that's the case in most places haha.

Womp womp
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Going off what happened with the steroid ring in fall '07, I thought this wouldn't sit either. I stand corrected
laugh.gif

edit- The NCAA reinstated the athletes for the Sugar Bowl on the basis that the athletes "did not receive adequate rules education during the time period the violations occurred," said Kevin Lennon, NCAA vice president of academic and membership affairs, in the release.

Money talks
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Herbstreit destroyed Pryor for 6 minutes on the radio earlier:

http://espn.go.com/espnra...ign=ESPNRADIO&id=5951286

Herbie's scorned.

TP been goin off on Herbie for a while now. so now heres Herbies chance... thats a *%$# boy move...
Zip it Herbie.

what did pryor say about herb? someone else told me the same thing once.
Pryor got bent because Herbstreit gave an an analysis of the Buckeyes that wasn't to Pryors liking.  They ended up winning the game and Pryor tweeted something along the lines that no one believed in them and specifically called out Herbie, calling him a fake Buckeye.  Mind you he tweeted in backwards bamma english.

So Herbie is now roasting this clown.

NCAA doesn't suspend them for the Bowl game because the Bowl game is a "unique experience for the players" and the players didn't know "it was wrong to sell the items."

If that is true, then why do they punish players by banning a school from Bowl games for violations done by someone in the past? ex. Reggie Bush. Take away his Heisman and take away the bowl game wins, and take away all the stuff from the past. But don't punish the current players and banning them from Bowl games. Bowl games are a unique experience... right?

Also, the excuse that they did not know it was wrong to sell the items because they thought the items belong to them... please... its not like them selling books or their old ipods on ebay. they knew they could get a larger amount of money because what the items represented, especially Pryor. I'm sure in the back of their minds, they knew it could be wrong to do so. if they had any doubts, they should have confirmed it with their coach or the school reps.

Tressell needs to do the right thing and bench his players. If not for the whole Bowl game, at least half of it.

Navy finally scored 
pimp.gif
Now if they can just get SD off the field without giving up points.

besides the fact that Dobbs will be gone from football for 4 years due to service, McShay and Kiper are trying to tell me that there are 52 better Running Backs in College right now?

Herbstreit destroyed Pryor for 6 minutes on the radio earlier:

http://espn.go.com/espnra...ign=ESPNRADIO&id=5951286

Herbie's scorned.

TP been goin off on Herbie for a while now. so now heres Herbies chance... thats a *%$# boy move...
Zip it Herbie.

But Pryor calling Herbie a "fake buckeye" is cool? TP needs to zip it as well... he #!@%+% up. 
happy.gif

one guy is 20 yrs old, the other is in his 40s and works on TV.

who do you think would and should be more apt to overlook the stupidity?

I haven't heard the interview but why shouldn't Herbie go off on TP for messing up the Buckeye's upcoming season? There are two sides to be mad at here. NCAA sucks, no doubt. But these players messed up too, right? 
ohwell.gif

Herbie is just doing his job though. And voicing his opinion. It's a radio interview and he gave a candid response. I applaud Herbie for being one of the few ESPN personalities who isn't completely biased towards their school/alma mater. At least he's objective.

laugh.gif
that was totally biased towards his school

laugh.gif

he was completely in alumni/feelings hurt Im gonna lash out now mode.

haven't heard the interview but why shouldn't Herbie go off on TP for messing up the Buckeye's upcoming season? There are two sides to be mad at here. NCAA sucks, no doubt. But these players messed up too, right?

he wasnt going off on just the selling of items. shoulda listened first.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Herbie is just doing his job though. And voicing his opinion. It's a radio interview and he gave a candid response. I applaud Herbie for being one of the few ESPN personalities who isn't completely biased towards their school/alma mater. At least he's objective.
My only problem with it is that he's jumping to conclusions when he said he doesn't know TP2 personally. I like Herbie like you said, dude doesn't let his Buckeye ties get in the way of doing an analyst job.

Back
Top Bottom