Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Merry Christmas to all my college football dudes, hope it's a good one spent with family and friends.

Another great college football season with y'all
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jville819

Merry Christmas to all my college football dudes, hope it's a good one spent with family and friends.

pimp.gif
Amen.

Havent been able to find any other stories to back this up but its crazy so its post worthy

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Jim Tressel Leaving Ohio State[/h1]

On Christmas Day, two sources that are very close to recruiting at prominent universities confirmed that Jim Tressel will no longer be the head football coach at Ohio State University after the Sugar Bowl against Arkansas.

Ohio State was rocked by the suspensions of five key players, including top running back Dan "Boom" Herron and Heisman-hopeful quarterback Terrelle Pryor, for the first five games of the 2011 season earlier this week.

The sources indicated that Buckeye recruits have been informed that Tressel will not be back as coach, and have been allowed to look for other options.

Ohio State has one of the largest compliance departments in the country, yet they have reported 375 violations to the NCAA from 2000-2009, the most in the country.

Early in Tressel's tenure at OSU he had to deal with the Maurice Clarrett debacle, and Heisman Trophy winner Troy Smith was suspended for two games for accepting money from a booster. The latest violations are just another dark page in the recent history of the Buckeye program.

This is major news in the college football world, especially after the University of Miami made a coaching change immediately after the regular season. The thought that Tressel would be out of a job before Rich Rodriguez at Michigan is also astounding.

Where the Buckeyes go to find a replacement is anyone's guess. Would TCU coach Gary Patterson become a possibility? The number of professional jobs that could come available in early January could cloud the hiring process in Columbus.http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/dai...tressel-leaving-ohio-state.html#ixzz19Ahko5h4

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/dai...tressel-leaving-ohio-state.html#ixzz19AhLikF0

Originally Posted by jville819

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Same to you good sir

Ohio State has one of the largest compliance departments in the country, yet they have reported 375 violations to the NCAA from 2000-2009, the most in the country.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

It was always surprising how fast !!$@ got swept under the rug after Maurice Clarett left and opened a can of worms.  That can of worms was sealed in no time.

I wont buy it though.  Like Urban Meyer, will not believe it until it's official.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Havent been able to find any other stories to back this up but its crazy so its post worthy

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Jim Tressel Leaving Ohio State[/h1]

On Christmas Day, two sources that are very close to recruiting at prominent universities confirmed that Jim Tressel will no longer be the head football coach at Ohio State University after the Sugar Bowl against Arkansas.

Ohio State was rocked by the suspensions of five key players, including top running back Dan "Boom" Herron and Heisman-hopeful quarterback Terrelle Pryor, for the first five games of the 2011 season earlier this week.

The sources indicated that Buckeye recruits have been informed that Tressel will not be back as coach, and have been allowed to look for other options.

Early in Tressel's tenure at OSU he had to deal with the Maurice Clarrett debacle, and Heisman Trophy winner Troy Smith was suspended for two games for accepting money from a booster. The latest violations are just another dark page in the recent history of the Buckeye program.

This is major news in the college football world, especially after the University of Miami made a coaching change immediately after the regular season. The thought that Tressel would be out of a job before Rich Rodriguez at Michigan is also astounding.

Where the Buckeyes go to find a replacement is anyone's guess. Would TCU coach Gary Patterson become a possibility? The number of professional jobs that could come available in early January could cloud the hiring process in Columbus.http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/dai...tressel-leaving-ohio-state.html#ixzz19Ahko5h4

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/dai...tressel-leaving-ohio-state.html#ixzz19AhLikF0

Zoinks.
Source?

Im sure if Tressel told any recruits, like the article said, twitter would be lit up right now.

Originally Posted by IYE2

Im sure if Tressel told any recruits, like the article said, twitter would be lit up right now.

Twitter is lighting up.  Not from recruits though.  All tO$U fans freaking.

Merry Christmas y'all.
pimp.gif

I'm looking forward to bowl week. Other than the UNC/UT game there are some other matchups I want to see. And of course Auburn/Oregon should be sick game for the MNC.

Nako- I met Pflutgrad when I went out to ASU for the Stanford game this year. Her little brother plays there and one of my boys has been talking to her. Real cool chick.
pimp.gif

Here's a great article about how some Ducks "spread" it around. It's amazing how much positive influence athletes can have in peoples' lives. I wish there were more of this published and encouraged by society, as opposed to the wrongs that athletes do with their position and in cases of professional athletes, their money, weapons, etc.
[h1]
[h1]George Schroeder: With typical efficiency, Chip Kelly, Ducks spread lasting cheer[/h1]
BY GEORGE SCHROEDER

The Register-Guard

Published: SaturdayDec 25, 2010 05:02AM
/rg-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/v3.5/images/template/rules/rule-05.gif);">http://rg-assets.s3.amazo...late/rules/rule-05.gif); height: 1px; color: rgb(45, 49, 56); font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; background-repeat: repeat no-repeat; ">
[/h1]

They are Duck fans. Let’s start there. And although they have deep connections to Eugene, there means Stockton, Calif.

So when the gift arrived from Oregon, they were surprised. Then they opened it.

A T-shirt. Some scrawled signatures. “We were flabbergasted,

Here's to  Richt staying in Athens for another 15 yrs ...
pimp.gif

2011 Vol Commits from GA
5A
1st Team Defense - Christian Harris, LB
4A
Defensive POY, 1st Team DB - Brian Randolph
1st Team Offense - Alan Posey, OL
1st Team Defense - Justin Coleman, DB
3A
Defensive POY, 1st Team LB, A.J. Johnson
1st Team Offense - Vincent Dallas, WR

Mike James' mother's funeral is scheduled for the same day as the Bowl Game against ND and he has decided to play in it instead of attending his mother's funeral. Wow.

Sad: Mike James' mother's funeral same day and time as bowl kickoff
What a sad, sad situation.

As you probably know by now, UM running back Mike James' 47-year-old mother, Elgusta James, died last Monday morning, Dec. 20th, in a car accident in Haines City.

James immediately left UM with his uncle to drive to Haines City when he learned the news after practice last Monday. His sister, who was driving the car, and her 5-year-old son survived.

We learned from UM this morning that Elgusta James' funeral will be the exact day and time of the Hyundai Sun Bowl kickoff in El Paso, Texas, where the Canes are heading this afternoon and where they will meet Notre Dame at 2 p.m. (Eastern Time) on Dec. 31.

UM said Mike has chosen to play in the game because that's what his mother would have wanted him to do. What a painful decision that had to be. I'm saying my prayers for Mike, who could probably use them right now.

Mike is expected to join the team Monday in El Paso, according to UM spokesman Chris Freet.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepa...ckoff.html#ixzz19FSplGeY

when it comes to grieving, There is no right or wrong. people deal differently.

I know theres no way Im playing in any football game if any member of my immediate family passed away.

Marcus Jackson has been admitted into Tennessee by admissions office.

now its a wait and see to see if he shows up. its def. between Miami and Tennessee after Golden's last two visits with Jackson

Back
Top Bottom