Google-Verizon Deal: The End of The Internet as We Know It #NetNeutrality Vol. Serious Business

Originally Posted by True Blues

Cliffnotes:

• April court ruling has restricted FCC's ability to maintain "net neutrality"
  • NET NEUTRALITY = no form of content is favored over another (by cost, speed or priority)
  • Google-Verizon are nearing deal that could allow Internet providers (Verizon) to speed up content to users (the consumer) if they are willing to pay a premium
  • Meaning: The Internet will essentially resemble cable television, and for access
  • Why does this matter? "At issue for consumers is how the companies that provide the pipeline to the Internet will ultimately direct traffic on their system, and how quickly consumers are able to gain access to certain Web content. Consumers could also see continually rising bills for Internet service, much as they have for cable television."
  • Bottom Line: Internet providers currently permits freedom of access to all websites; they new system will drastically restrict the autonomy of users
So some websites, you will have to pay to access? Don't we have those already?

Google is denying it though
nerd.gif

http://www.guardian.co.uk...izon-deal-net-neutrality

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Google denies deal to end net neutrality[/h1]
Search giant says there is no agreement allowing telecoms company Verizon to prioritise the order and speed in which it delivers content to users

Originally Posted by impalaballa187

Will the Pr0n still be ok...?

All I'm worried about here.

Might be the perfect time to say this...

YNS.

Might be the perfect time to say this...

YNS.

roll.gif
Stock up homie. Start downloading and putting them in the vault. I'm just saying...

roll.gif
Stock up homie. Start downloading and putting them in the vault. I'm just saying...

google is denying it....but da mere fact of net neutrality being under fire is scary...you think Yuku is slow now?
laugh.gif
frown.gif

google is denying it....but da mere fact of net neutrality being under fire is scary...you think Yuku is slow now?
laugh.gif
frown.gif

They deny everything ....

Alex Jones been talking about this for a while now.... The next terror attack will be cyber warfare and the internet 2 will be ushered in. Legislation is already written up as u can see so there's not much to do but sit back and wait.

They deny everything ....

Alex Jones been talking about this for a while now.... The next terror attack will be cyber warfare and the internet 2 will be ushered in. Legislation is already written up as u can see so there's not much to do but sit back and wait.

Back
Top Bottom