Graham's The Intelligent Investor OR Lynch's Beating the Street/One Up On Wall Street?

ham city

Banned
As far as I can tell from book reviews and word of mouth, theses are generally regarded as the best entry points when it comes to investing in the stock market. Anybody who's read these, which would you recommend a beginner read first and why?

I'm not financially illiterate, I'm familiar with and understand basic finance and accounting concepts but this will be my first in depth reading on this specific subject.

Thanks in advance!

The intelligent investor is extremely, extremely dry save for any new commentary added in new editions.

The intelligent investor is more about fundamnetal investing in solid companies and basic rules in which to invest under.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

The intelligent investor is extremely, extremely dry save for any new commentary added in new editions.

The intelligent investor is more about fundamnetal investing in solid companies and basic rules in which to invest under.

And most importantly, fine tuning your approach to investing. Developing habits that mitigate human emotion when considering investments.

Graham's book is very short, so you can go through it within a couple of days. I'd recommend to read it first.

Both are good, although I think you can learn the most by actually doing int his case.

Nice recommendations.  Any more?  Plan to do a lot of reading during winter break.

A Random Walk Down Wall Street is a good one to get started with actually, it's a bit more basic but still introduces key principles that are further expanded on by Graham or Lynch.

Back
Top Bottom