Great gif that shows how small earth is compared to everything else in space

saw this on another forum and
eek.gif

rr79ea.gif

Wow! That is truly impressive. We are a quarter of a third of a tenth of a spec of dust in the landscape of the universe! (My math is surely not correct, butyou get the point)

they can say that they actually know the sizes of those things... they must be hella far away... but we cant even get land back on the moon??

hard to imagine we're the only form of life when we're such a tiny percentage of what is really out there...

This stuff is just truly amazing. I wanna start getting more into some of this stuff at some point...

University of Minnesota professor Roberta M. Humphreys[9] estimates the radius of VY CMa at 1,800 to 2,100 solar radii.[5] To illustrate, if our Sun were replaced by VY Canis Majoris, its surface might extend to the orbit of Saturn. Assuming the upper size limit of 2100 solar radii, light would take more than 8 hours to travel around the star's circumference, as opposed to 14.5 seconds for the sun. It would take over 7,000,000,000,000,000 (7 Quadrillion) earths to fill VY Canis Majoris. The diameter of VY Canis majoris is Est. 3,063,500,000 km.

eek.gif

I really find it hard to believe that there's no other life outside of Earth.

Impossible.

I still think there's like a mirror civillization on another planet, just different languages and what not. Hope I live to see something like that.

Back
Top Bottom