Greatest Sampling Producer: Pete Rock, Premo or Rza

Since dudes are throwing names out not on the original list, Buckwild & Diamond D should at least get consideration.

That's actually a really tough question. Premier is perfect at chopping up a sample, yet RZA is probably more creative with his sampling, yet Pete Rock is outstanding as well. Really tough to decide, but then I think about a beat like Verbal Intercourse or Ice Water or Can It Be All So Simple and think RZA may be the best.

RZA is the greatest producer of all time, hands down.

^
Yeah RZA's my favorite of all time and I believe him to be the greatest ever. I like that mention of Prince Paul though, he's definately a darkhorse inthe producers realm.

This is why cats who don't really know the game shouldn't be talking that "greatest" this and "best ever" that.

Because most new jacks ain't up on Extra P, or even Paul C (RIP), or Prince Paul (THE KING), or Ced Gee, or MARLY @%#%**% MARL. Or even Puff and TheHitmen.

How you can try to have a conversation about the "greatest" sampling producer and only mention 3 names is beyond me, and would suggest you need tobrush up on your information.

Not to mention the fact there is never a right answer.......

^^^^

True.....

I feel like a **** for not mentioning this dude in my reply.......

But I'd feel like more of one if I started a thread about "greatest" sampling producers and I didn't mention.....

Um.......

Dr. Dre? Notorious for getting busy with George Clinton's catalog among other sources.

Heard of him?

Thread needs a poll man, hahaha. Even though RZA has fallen off a bit trying to experiment too much, I still dig that gritty sound.

Originally Posted by illphillip

^^^^

True.....

I feel like a **** for not mentioning this dude in my reply.......

But I'd feel like more of one if I started a thread about "greatest" sampling producers and I didn't mention.....

Um.......

Dr. Dre? Notorious for getting busy with George Clinton's catalog among other sources.

Heard of him?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
your such a
shape-square.gif
Ive never seen a dude so bitter at an internet personailty.

The RZA.

Marley Marl is my favorite producer of all time though.

Originally Posted by dgk3188

That's actually a really tough question. Premier is perfect at chopping up a sample, yet RZA is probably more creative with his sampling, yet Pete Rock is outstanding as well. Really tough to decide, but then I think about a beat like Verbal Intercourse or Ice Water or Can It Be All So Simple and think RZA may be the best.
co-sign

Even though RZA has fallen off a bit trying to experiment too much, I still dig that gritty sound.

He hasn't fallen off one bit, he's just matured as a producer and is trying new stuff which is still amazing.

Back
Top Bottom