Greg Paulus to start at QB for Syracuse

i feel so bad for Cuse football fans...
roll.gif

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4406074

Monday, August 17, 2009
Paulus named Orange's starting QB

By Brian Bennett
ESPN.com

Syracuse is going all in on the Greg Paulus experiment.

Orange head coach Doug Marrone officially named the former Duke basketball player as his starting quarterback on Monday night, even though Paulus has notplayed football in four years and has never played a collegiate snap.

[h4]Big East blog[/h4]
bennett_brian_m.jpg
ESPN.com's Brian Bennett writes about all things Big East in his conference blog.

Blog network:
College Football Nation

Paulus, a high school football star who played point guard for the Blue Devils for four years, transferred to Syracuse as a graduate student this spring.Despite having just a week of official practice under his belt, Paulus beat out sophomore Ryan Nassib -- who was named the No. 1 quarterback in the spring -- and senior Cam Dantley, who was last year's starter. His first college football game will be Sept.5 against Minnesota in the Carrier Dome.

The news that Paulus had won the job was sent out in an official news release late Monday night. Earlier this month, Marrone talked glowingly about howPaulus could handle such an unprecedented transition.

"He has instincts that are hard to teach," Marrone said. "He knows how to look people off, how to take control of the game and how to changeplays.

"If you had ever met Greg Paulus, you'd understand and I wouldn't get a lot of the questions that I get," Marrone said. "If somethingcan be accomplished, he can do it."

Brian Bennett covers the Big East for ESPN.com.

Why u feel bad?
I bet he better than whoever theyve started the last 7 yrs...

Syracuse Football is a JOKE.

What Happened to the sig downtown? It's prefect for this lol

and jay is right cues football is a joke. He is proably the best player on the team
already

they should start dave legree... my dude from bk.. he 6'5 220

i mean if he still on the squad..

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Why u feel bad?
I bet he better than whoever theyve started the last 7 yrs...

Syracuse Football is a JOKE.
true true... but now more people will tune in to laugh at them nationally

this my sig, i guess its not showing up anymore:

"As a reporter was leaving, the reserve Cam Thoroughman asked if Duke point guard Greg Paulus was one of the eight McDonald's all-Americans. When told yes, Thoroughman said: "Oh my God. Are you kidding?" "

roll.gif

Originally Posted by iM COOL C

I think he transferred to Hampton but I'm 100% sure he transferred to a southern school. SCuse, I feel the same way. He knows its a rebuilding year why notstart Nassib who already redshirted. He's just going to lose a year of eligibililty. How you going to say he was the starter then take it away? Move was tosatisfy the home town fan base.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by iM COOL C

I think he transferred to Hampton but I'm 100% sure he transferred to a southern school. SCuse, I feel the same way. He knows its a rebuilding year why not start Nassib who already redshirted. He's just going to lose a year of eligibililty. How you going to say he was the starter then take it away? Move was to satisfy the home town fan base.

He should start

but Paulus is hometown and put more people in the seats
ohwell.gif

i know it's been 4 years, but i'm not sure if some of the people posting in this thread realize paulus is one of the greatest ny high school footballplayers ever...

size aside, a lot of people thought he'd be a poor man's charlie ward coming out.

but that was 4 years ago...

how else are they going to get people to come out to games?

that football program has been a disgrace lately, can it really get that much worse?

Back
Top Bottom