Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys no one will really know where these shoes are coming from. Unless someone actually goes to china to find out. 
laugh.gif

Guys no one will really know where these shoes are coming from. Unless someone actually goes to china to find out. :lol:

A friend who reviews GM shoes on YouTube told me that Air Randy is asking for $35,000 for him to disclose the information where he can get unauthorized pairs for as cheap as $20, but that doesn't guarantee that they will do business with you.

where are you getting this run out of materials? they are just straight up fakes.

there might or might not be GM royals. Probably are but maybe they are long gone and supplier ran out and got fakes sent to everyone. Like i said, a legit seller thats not know by USA buyers who has the highest rating possible has all legit shoes then he has the same royals.
Idk that they did or didn't run out but if there coming from the same factory shouldn't the materials be the same? and im referring to the older grey market royals .Im just confused how come they can produce a grey market legit 09 space jam but seems like there's no more grey market royals.

this whole grey market this is getting greyer lol

So it's not possible for a seller of illegal merchandise to hold both high quality fakes and GM shoes? Plenty of replica sites now have an "authentic" section that caries GM shoes. Doesn't sound unreasonable at all. As always it's the consumers job to know what they're buying.

The point is there were never selling GM royals in the first place. Everybody on here has got a bunk pair from the looks of it. Correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen anybody here or on YouTube that's had a decent pair. So to say they magically ran out is crazy.

Zyzz, what are you gonna do with your fake pair?
There's nothing he can do about them but beat them up. Knowing him he doesn't like fakes which may lead him to end up wearing them lying to himself its 2001 mold made. 
grin.gif

He really took the bullet for you NT'ers

Last edited:
I'm not sure why this is concept is so hard to grasp. As long as you have to proper recipe you can make cookies whenever you want right? Same goes for these factories. Nike doesn't own anything but the design of the shoe. They don't own the factories or the materials. All Nike owns is the design. They hire these factories and provide them with the "recipe" to make their shoes. From their the factories order or make the proper supplies and materials to produce these shoes. As long as the factories still have the proper tech pack and molds they can reproduce a shoes as many times as they want for as long after release date as they want.

Like I stated before there is a reason there they aren't reproducing these royals they way they were originally. And it's not because they ran out of materials. Because once thy run out they can order more just like they'd do for regular production. There's just something that isn't cost effective about these shoes. Something about the combination of materials or the way these shoes were made/put together is costing too much. That's probably why Nike had such a small number of these made and why the Factories are not reproducing them true to form. Something about these shoes just isn't a money maker.
Cost effective??? So your saying that the Air Jordan 1 is less cost effective to make speaking from a tech and materials stand point then say a pair of 11s? I think the air unit and carbon fiber alone would say your wrong. It's not cost by far

talking to the rstor dude right now, really nice guy.

he mentioned he's probably gonna stop selling the royal's entirely because a handful of people have complained to him that they were fake.

i kinda want a pair of bred 4's still, but dude is telling me to refer to the store photos (which is a bad idea, since the ones shown of the royals in the store look good, but nothing like the pair i got in the mail)

probably done with these taobao sellers unless one of these dudes wanna shoot me a pair for free to review/do comparisons :lol:

So all the other GMs are real but the royal ones are fake????

I mean how does that sound honestly

They had a real run now the supplier is pushing out fake ones??

Sounds like your making up stuff as you go. Another assumption being passed off in your last couple post.

SjS and and concords a couple pages back looked decent though

to be honest, i think they're all fake (the factory that most these taobao sites are getting their kicks from— ex: rstor, kinstor, etc).

they've just perfected a few models (like the 3's, 4's, & 11's).

incorrect

they have fake Jordans, look em up. they have had bred 1 and other colors for god knows how long and they are made exactly like the royals. look back about 50 pages or more. I posted the fake jordan 1's. they came with the hang tags.

explain why i got legit black toes if they are "fake" :rolleyes

im not making stuff up, i said either of the two is happening. Its quite clear. like i said, they are trying to screw people over or they are the ones getting screwed over by their supplier. Seems like Royals were indeed limited as hell and there wasnt too many GM's and all these seller placed orders so i wouldnt be shocked to see the supplier go out and order fakes by the thousands for dirt cheap and send them out as the real thing.

you think these seller know any different? lulz, yea right

like i said, anything could be happening but im only giving out MY OPINION...

I would bet they run out of certain materials. Whatever materials nike authorizes and pays for specifically. Why do you think all the royals look the way they do? If they didnt run out of materials, they wouldnt look any different but they do. Nike uses the factories but im sure certain things are ordered in special for different shoes.

I would bet they run out of certain materials. Whatever materials nike authorizes and pays for specifically. Why do you think all the royals look the way they do? If they didnt run out of materials, they wouldnt look any different but they do. Nike uses the factories but im sure certain things are ordered in special for different shoes.

if they ran out of materials, ok but what about the stamping of the wings? soles? etc, etc

the shoes are 100% fake and NOT coming out of nike factory. i can tell you that for sure.

the shoes are $50 fakes, even less if your buying 100's or 1000's of pairs. probably $20 wholesale maybe less

A friend of mine got the real GM Royals from Kenyon(Taobao), but that was way back when they were priced at 1600 CNY. They are probably selling the fake ones now.

Last edited:
Cost effective??? So your saying that the Air Jordan 1 is less cost effective to make speaking from a tech and materials stand point then say a pair of 11s? I think the air unit and carbon fiber alone would say your wrong. It's not cost by far

Each Jordan model has its selling point though, just because one shoe cost less to make doesn't mean it's more cost effective. Just as an example, lets say it cost 140 to make a Jordan 11 Bred but it retails for 185 and it cost 120 to make a pair of royal 1s that retails for 140. Which one is more cost effective? The bred 11s by far. For that particular combination of technology and materials youre making $45 per pair while in the case of the royals that combination of technology and materials only leads to $20 per pair. So youd have to sell twice as many royals to get the same profit as 1 bred 11. Tons of people are saying that the GM royals comes with shiny leather like the chicagos or black toes which means the leather on the retail pairs is def different then this of the chicagos and black toes. That difference in material could be the difference of the black toes costing 90 to and the royals costing 120.

Although it may cost more upfront to make 11s out of the real patent leather and real carbon fiber it makes more financial sense to stock them because the demand for 11s far
Exceeds that of the 1s . theyre a more popular AND more profitable model and they'll sell larger as a whole than any Jordan 1.

That's what I mean by cost effective. Hope that makes a little more sense.

My numbers were used as an example to prove to the point I was making about cost effectiveness and profitability. That may have been obvious to some but i feel like I'd better be safe than sorry and say that now before someone tries to pick apart what I'm saying.

Last edited:
The point is there were never selling GM royals in the first place. Everybody on here has got a bunk pair from the looks of it. Correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen anybody here or on YouTube that's had a decent pair. So to say they magically ran out is crazy.
That i can't say for sure because people posted way back that they've seen pairs that from early on that were not what we're dealing with now. Regardless though these royals are fake and I don't believe anything "dried up" either they consciously decided to stop making them or never made them to begin with.

Quick story that may be of interest to some of the posters in here (or maybe not).

I work for one of the huge consumer products companies, with a large share of our product manufactured in China. Couple of weeks ago, we shuffled the seating arrangement on our floor. My new neighbors are part of the legal team that fights piracy. One of the team members had two copies of a product on her desk, so I asked her about them.

She explained that one was an authentic product while the other was made by a licensee whose license had expired, but was continuing to produce product. There were a couple of minor, but noticeable differences between the two. She explained that they had the know-how and molds required to produce the product, but no longer had access to the same materials because we did not allow them to source the materials themselves. Our supply chain team sources materials from Party A and ships them to Party B in prescribed volumes.

If Nike follows a similar approach, this could explain a) why many GM shoes are very close, but have slight differences (think the lining on the DB4s) and b) why the latest Black and Royals have far different materials.

Last edited:
Quick story that may be of interest to some of the posters in here (or maybe not).

I work for one of the huge consumer products companies, with a large share of our product manufactured in China. Couple of weeks ago, we shuffled the seating arrangement on our floor. My new neighbors are part of the legal team that fights piracy. One of the team members had two copies of a product on her desk, so I asked her about them.

She explained that one was an authentic product while the other was made by a licensee whose license had expired, but was continuing to produce product. There was a minor, but noticeable difference between the two. She explained that while they obviously had the know-how and molds required to produce the product, but no longer had access to the same materials because we did not allow them to source the materials themselves. Our supply chain team sources materials from Party A and ships them to Party B in prescribed volumes.

If Nike follows a similar approach, this could explain a) why many GM shoes are very close, but have slight differences (think the lining on the DB4s) and b) why the latest Black and Royals have far different materials.

Damn. So we were right....

She explained that one was an authentic product while the other was made by a licensee whose license had expired, but was continuing to produce product. There was a minor, but noticeable difference between the two. She explained that while they obviously had the know-how and molds required to produce the product, but no longer had access to the same materials because we did not allow them to source the materials themselves. Our supply chain team sources materials from Party A and ships them to Party B in prescribed volumes.

Exactly. That's sounds spot on to me. So if they r not authentic, then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom