Grocery sto': Do y'all talk to people?

Usually I don't make eye contact with anyone when I'm grocery shopping.

I remember like a year ago an NT'er did a youtube of him grocery shopping, it tripped me out how social he was. Y'allremember this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJnDYnPpeyI

I'm too timid to even hum a tune when I'm alone in the aisle.
ohwell.gif

I go to the grocery store at odd hours, usually after 10PM. It's part of the getting gas and market thing I have so there aren't too many people in thestore.

I go to the grocery store at like 11pm.
Just found out last week that if you go at that time on a Thursday, last week's sales are still effective and so are the upcoming week's.
pimp.gif

Depends on the store. I'm a supervisor at Whole Foods, and we're supposed to provide outstanding customer service...this involves engaging thecustomers in conversation: how are you doing today, did you find everything you were looking for, etc. But when I do my own grocery shopping, I usually saynothing, because I hate standing in line and I just hate being in grocery stores in general (except when I'm being paid for it). Must be all the negativechild-hood experiences. Places like Whole Foods and Trader Joes typically have better and happier employees than the union stores...

I say hi to anyone who gives eye contact and smile. Walk down the aisles like I'm the @+#, looking for my +$%%. Say thanks to the clerk and have a nicedayyy.

I'm so anti-social in the grocery store that if they got a self-checkout, I'm definitely gonna go do that myself even if I gotta back my own stuff.

I say "Whadup brah?" here and there, "Hi there," to a few of the suburban soccer moms, and the occasional nod to that dude you'llalways see in a hoodie with his ipod, lookin' like rocky.

I find it surprising, though. A lot of the time, the people like the soccer moms will ask me if I know where something is after I initiate conversation.

laugh.gif

I dont talk to people but i always have fun.
I cheese, that was a entertaining dude in the vid. NH

There are very attractive, pleasant check-out girls at the store I frequent.

I get asked to reach things on top shelves for older women/short people.

There are some CHARACTERS that do their shopping after 10pm... I am one of them.

All that being said, I find the grocery store to be a social experience. I am appreciative of everybody there that does their job so that I can have access tofood. Everything can be fun if you approach it with that attitude.
Some of you go out of your way to ignore people? I find that odd.

And I know some of you are familiar with the "small-town" phenomenon of having only one grocery store. You need to be careful what you've got onthe top of your basket when you're walking around there. No need for your old chemistry teacher or ex-girlfriends parents to see you with the 3 bottles ofchampagne, shaving cream, and paper towels bulging out of that.

Im so anti too. Self-checkout and the whole nine. I might crack a smile but im usually in there w tunnel vision.

Maybe a couple "soo, busy today?" while waiting for something when I'm paying, but other than that, naahhh...

Originally Posted by fiendxxx

that was a entertaining dude in the vid. NH

Yeah, I know. I wish I could be like that. Maybe it's a California thing. Everybody tryna be all hard, even at the supermarket.

If I ever did say hello to someone and they didn't give me a warm enough reception, I'd probably shut it down for good.

if i make eye contact i'll give a quick nod or if its an old person i'll just say "hi how are you?"

Back
Top Bottom