Guidance for weekend Boston trip

Going to Boston im a few weeks from Friday-Sunday for the Yankees/Sox series. Looking for good drink and food options for the trip. Friday after the game will probably just he spent at the bars on Lansdowne St.

For Saturday I was thinking bottomless brunch but apparently that’s illegal in Boston?
Not looking for anything too fancy but I need food options (where’s the best chowder ) for both the day and late night.

Also Im having difficulty picking which area is the best area to bar hop. We’re staying in brighton on Washington St. I know Brighton and Allston themselves are college areas so I guess that could be a good start? I hear South Boston is a fun area now? I’d take any suggestions from locals because Im not sure where to really start haha

At night a bar that plays rap and has a good mixed crowd would be nice

Last edited:
Ye Olde Union Oyster House

http://unionoysterhouse.com/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Oyster_House

lotta history there, next to faneuil hall where there are a lot of good eats
should have good chowder & that old school boston feel
enjoy

Union-Oyster-House.jpg

The times I’ve been for Yanks/Sox series it’s actually been very civil. Hoping for the best this year with how good both teams are lol

I’m not really too familiar with the bar scene but you should be good in Brighton/Allston/Cambridge. Downtown/Faneuil hall/prudential center area if you wanna go “higher class” Southie/seaport area is actually pretty nice nowadays. The whole city is pretty nice (gentrified and expensive as hell :smh: )now except for some areas of Dorchester/Roxbury that have stood the test of time, but there’s no reason for you to go there unless you live there :lol: or if you want some Caribbean or hood food

Theres good restaurants everywhere now too, just google what you’re in the mood for. North end for Italian, south Boston for seafood, etc. Fenway area is pretty much right in the middle of everything too, you can get to pretty much wherever you want in the city in reasonable time

A lot of nature related things to do as well. Arnold arboretum is like 10 min driving from Fenway. Beaches like 45 min-1hr away too

I don’t drink coffee but there’s 9000 coffee shops and Dunkin’ Donuts everywhere u look

Legal weed too

Last edited:
I can help. Been ubering for few years and I go to bars frequently.

Allston isn't gonna be live since no students are here now.

Clubs that play hip hop? Most play top 40. But Good Life and Hong Kong usually more hip hop.

Cask N Flagon (fenway) landsdowne
Good life (downtown)
Hong Kong (Faneuil hall)
West End Johnnies (livest)
The Harp (lot of females)
Howl at moon
Greatest Bar

Now the rest that aren't bad top 40 more..

Baseball Tavern (fenway) rooftop too.
Union St Bars.... (just go and see which one hasn't a longer line and kind of people's you wanna be around. (Faneuil hall)
Black Rose (Faneuil)
Sissy K's (white girls) top 40. Next door to to Hong Kong (faneuil)
Btw these are all walking distance.
Beacon On Locale. (Lots of freaks DTF females all over) my boy owns this.

Moving on to Southie:

All the bars here are all white. Don't go to any extras Irish Pub. (Btw the best looking white chicks reside in Southie)

DO NOT COME HERE DRESSED LIKE A BUM! Try to stand out a little.

This area most people know eachother because they all go to same spots. Not manny people travel to Southie to visit their bars. Mostly locals.

All girls here get dressed like they're going to a club but they're not, just going to a bar.

All dudes dress the same.

Lincoln Tavern. (Long lines) If your white.... Go. It's mostly people sitting down with their friends.
Coppersmith (same vibe^)
Lucky Lounge (can't really tell how live it is, but I picked up some freaks here before.)

Check times in Southie some close 1am. Boston 2am.

Seaport:

Whiskey Preist
Committee

If you wanna take a chance at life Dublin House in Dorchester.

Best chowder Union Oyster^^ like someone said.

But good chowder is everywhere.

Restaurants go to any. Most are good.

What type of food are you looking for? Fancy restaurants? Mexican? Italian?

If you wanna take a chance at life Dublin House in Dorchester.
No BS, and I don't like to share this info with outsiders, but the Dublin Wings are the best wings in the city IMO.

OP, for a bar/club that leans way more hip hop check out Kingston Bar and Grille. It's right in the middle of downtown so if you're not digging it you can check out any of the million other bars around there but it's a good place to start. Let me know if you need any restaurant suggestions or something like that.

Last edited:
Supreme being thats a hell of an outline I appreciate it. We’re probably good on Italian. Get plenty of that in NY. Not really fancy stuff either, just places in between bar stops. Mexican is always good, seafood, and whatever else.

About Dublin House, by chance at life yall mean just stay on our toes if we’re there or? Haha

Anybody ever been to Loco Taqueria and Oyster Bar? Was considering going during the early afternoon for food/drinks. Seems to be in between southie and the seaport area

Last edited:
Supreme being thats a hell of an outline I appreciate it. We’re probably good on Italian. Get plenty of that in NY. Not really fancy stuff either, just places in between bar stops. Mexican is always good, seafood, and whatever else.

About Dublin House, by chance at life yall mean just stay on our toes if we’re there or? Haha

Anybody ever been to Loco Taqueria and Oyster Bar? Was considering going during the early afternoon for food/drinks. Seems to be in between southie and the seaport area

Yes Dublin in the hood lol.

Mexican... Loco is great. Kind of a bar vibe at night. It's in Southie you'll have fun great food too.

Rosa Mexicano in Seaport has amazing food too. Great area to be too.

West End Johnnie's is a good spot for breakfast. Couple blocks from TD Garden. They have good omelettes and mimosas/beer with live music.

You could always hit up the Hanover st. for an Italian feast (they're every weekend in the summer) for street food. Make sure to stop in at Bova's bakery or Mike's pastry while you're there. Pizzeria Regina is close by too. Best pizza in the city outside of Santarpio's (East Boston). If you're trying to sit down for a good meal, Carmelina's is a solid bet. Great seafood.

Seaport District is good for seafood/steak and bars, although that's where one of the highest concentrations of pretentious people in Boston hang.

Newbury st. for people watching and shopping, Niketown if you're still into kicks.

Around Fenway, bleacher bar is cool. View of the field. Get there early if you want a good spot. If you're looking for a slice before the game, Sal's is only a block or so away.

bleacher%20bar%20for%20web_c%20Eric%20Levin.jpg

Fanueil Hall is always packed in the Summer and there's good food everywhere. It's definitely a touristy spot.

Hip Hop scene here is pretty trash. Middlesex or Middle East in Cambridge or Good Life might be your best bet. Although it's been awhile for me.

I always park at the Prudential Parking lot. $18.00 for Red Sox games and it's only about a 10 min walk. You can get away with burning on the way too if you're into that. Tip: burn on the Ipswich street part of the walk.

Also forgot to mention, if you can manage to get out of the city hit up Patriot Place. Should start picking up now that camp and pre-season is on the horizon. Decent bars, good food and shopping.

Quincy Market is a tourist trap, but there is certainly food and shops to hit up when there.

If you're looking for nicer grub, Scampo in the Liberty Hotel was :pimp: when I was there. https://scampoboston.com/menu/ Charles St.

Brighton/Allston you could literally just walk around and find bars.
Brunch out there your best bet is LuLu’s in Allston.
Evening I like Brighton Bodega if you want like no line no crowd and pretty good food,
then go up the road to Publick House on Beacon street.
Barcelona is a little up the road if you want a more grown vibe.
Golden Temple is across the st from Publick House if you want to get sloppy.

Southie:
Stats, Junction, Lincoln, Capo, and Loco are all in close proximity to each other. Honestly Lincoln’s the biggest and best of the bunch and if you go on a Sunday you’re gonna run into a ton of girls looking to finish their weekend on a high note. It’s rough getting into Lincoln if you don’t know anybody but if you can make it in it’s worth it to just camp there.
Broadway is another good option in Southie. Usually shorter line but just as big as Lincoln and a good crowd, although a little younger and a few more bros looking for a fight.

Seaport you’ve got tons of options and it’s probably the best area to bar hop at night and not spend all night in line.
Unless you go to Envoy, which i don’t really recommend for the wait and the fact that they shut down at like 11:45.
In close proximity to each other is
Empire, Committee, then a short walk over to the Grand (they have a bit of a dress code at the Grand so shorts are a no-go)
then Scorpion Bar
(they have a cover charge I think it’s $20). From there you can take a walk towards A street and hit up:
Lucky’s (divey but serves until 2 and a good spot if you are someone making a last ditch effort for the night and hoping to find someone who is also making a last ditch effort for the night).
Lolita in Seaport is the next best spot to hit up. TBH you’re better off hitting Lolita’s before Lucky’s cause it’s just a nicer vibe and usually a ton of women there to the point that you may not have the bother with Lucky’s.
A little further down seaport blvd if you’re back on the scorpion bar side of things is Legal Harborside which has a roof deck that gets pretty busy, and then next to that is Tezmecal.

Whole thing with Boston is that it’s a cool bar hop city but you have to start early cause they shut it down early. When in doubt as far as dress code just play it safe, casual pants/slacks/chinos with a button down. Most places are fine with sneakers (strangely) but if you have some loafers or driving shoes or any comfortable casual shoe you’re that much better off if you decide to get fancy. There’s other parts to the city but if you’re looking at nightlife, everything posted above is a few of your options to make the evening a little easier to navigate.

:nthat:

These dudes did a b-day party for my boy like 10 years ago. Don't know what happened to em. I think half of them got locked up.

watch

Didn’t know there was so many Boston NTers :pimp:

I’ve grown up in the west Roxbury/Jamaica plain area so I know it like the back of my hand. I’ve never really explored a lot of the areas we’re all mentioning in here

JP has come really far in the past 10 years

JP is cool too I lived there a couple years but never really got into much of the nightlife just the bars. Was a big car of the Galway house and Dogwood, and would hit up Canary Square from time to time. If you’re out near Roslindale, Reds in Rozzie has pretty good food.

Back
Top Bottom