Gus Johnson arrested this past weekend?

I don't have a link to the report, but I just heard it on the radio.

Apparently the guy was at some restaurant and the manager/owner ended up calling the cops because he was being "belligerent". Dude got cuffed, putin the back of a police car, but let go soon after?

Searching for a legitimate internet source.

Here's the probable pause of arrest...

After CBS Sports announcing star Gus Johnson had finished calling Purdue's demolition of Penn State Friday night at the Big 10 tournament in Indianapolis, he hopped on a plane to Memphis, Tennessee. In about 13 hours, he'd be calling the Conference USA championship game between Memphis and Tulsa. Johnson's plane touched down after 11 p.m. and he headed for some late-night food at Blues City Cafe on popular Beale Street in downtown Memphis. There's some debate over what happened next, but according to a police report, Johnson ended up handcuffed and in the backseat of a police car after 1 a.m. early Saturday morning.

Senior vice president of communications for CBS Sports Leslie Anne Wade told The Big Lead, "It was a misunderstanding, and no charges were filed." Johnson declined to comment.

According to a police report obtained through the Memphis police public information officer, an employee of the restaurant flagged down cops who were nearby and told them a customer was being belligerent and had refused to leave. Sources say Johnson had become increasingly surly during his dining experience, and complained vociferously about the service and his food.

When cops arrived, officers questioned Daniel Reed of Memphis - a manager at the restaurant, according to a source - while Johnson was detained. The police report states that Augustus (Gus) Johnson and Reed got into a verbal altercation, and police determined neither party had suffered any injuries. Reed declined to prosecute or press charges, and Johnson was released. He was not taken to the police station. The case remains open.

Link

i guess he wont be calling games for the tourney
frown.gif

Oh ok, it happened this past weekend. Thanks for posting the story.

He should definitely still be calling games today and through the tourney.

Thank goodness this likely wont lead to him being off the air.

And Johnson has to now be in the Guiness book for most announcing gigs, this man is crazy.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Thank goodness this likely wont lead to him being off the air.

And Johnson has to now be in the Guiness book for most announcing gigs, this man is crazy.
Earlier this season, he did a college game on a weekend and had to make it to Toronto to cover the Knicks-Raptors the next night. He missed hisflight so he ended up driving 12 hours to Toronto...and he made it.
pimp.gif

Maybe he was getting belligerent because too many people were asking him to say things like "BAPTISTA WITH THE CATCHHHHHHHHHHH" and "MYNAME'S AL HARRINGTON, I GET BUCKETS" and other similar quotes...

My thing is, if 2 people are arguing, (and they're arresting people for arguing) why is only one person handcuffed and in the back of a squad car?

Back
Top Bottom