GXFR - Griselda by Fashion Rebels | Official Thread

Rather hear him on more lively stuff. He sounded really good on that Cardo track from EIF3, and the intro as well, not sure who produced that.

Wouldn't be mad at that either. He skates on Harry Fraud type **** too. Just really dug the vibe of Black Spoons.
Griselda is shooting 100% when they work with anyone now that I think of it.

Curious: How did y’all find out about ANY of them? Like...what was the introduction.

I heard Mal play “Dirty Needles” as a sleep on Joe’s pod and went totally crazy. I was all the way in after that. I think “The Cow” was the next thing I heard. Every time I hear either one of those, it reminds me of being like “this is all i want to hear.”

I didn’t even peep this thread until a couple months ago though.

I think Finn Balor posted he was at Westside show and had a pic with him. And I was like, “Finn listens to rap. Who is this dude?” Then found the Finn Balor track and just started listening.

I honestly dont remember the order of things at this point but:

A combo of being bored with hop hop and wanting to hear something hard, already listening to action Bronson and roc Marciano plus (I think) the 'is NY hip hop dead?' thread trying to find new artists led me to listening to griselda.

At the time i was bored, wanting NY to get back on top with bars and production and I needed something hard to put as the song in a movie I was gonna make with a graffiti crew I'm down with.

I heard one song, checked out more, purchased everything they had on iTunes and never looked back.

I think I posted it in here before but back when I was still heavy on twitter I would always see some random **** talking post from a user with the Flygod cover as a profile picture(it was Gunn) because people in Hip-Hop who I respect would always retweet them (Pete Rock, Alchemist, Roc). First time I heard him was on Luxury on Music For My Friends from Skyzoo but while watching it the video for Rollacks came up and I liked what I heard but his voice still got to me. Then someone posted a link to Hall & Nash on soundcloud and by track 4 I was a Conway fan immediately. Stumbled on Peter Luger and its been history ever since

I also saw Benny live with the rest of them at a LOX concert (You can find the "Cow" portion of the performance on YouTube. I swear theirs at least 8 different videos from 8 different shows for that one song) before I even became a legit fan of him. Didn't really know who he was at the time but he was rapping his off, A Friend Of Ours came out shortlyafter and I was locked in after "Long Way"

Same. My boys put me on a few years back, but it didn’t really hook me until Reject 2. I was going through some stuff, and it felt like I had a dark cloud following me around. This **** fed right into that. Great album. It’s a classic in my book. Daringer on all the production. Really one of the best ways to get into it.

That led to The Cow, and Dirty Needles...then I went through all of Benny’s ****. He struck me as the most balanced of the three from the moment I heard Dirty Needles. Eventually led me to 38 Spesh on Stabbed and Shot (which is damn near a classic in my eyes too). Then Son of G Rap (another great project). Eventually opened my ears to Flee Lord, Eto, RJ Payne, Che Noir, ElCamino etc. Don’t know how I missed some of them for so long.

Back
Top Bottom