H&M is under fire for racist hoodie

If you read the rest of the thread instead of taking one post out of context, you'd understand that he was not talking about "vast majority" or "most". Don't tag me in @#%@ until you learn how to read and present arguments in English. Damn you're illiterate

thats all the **** you caught up on is damn semantics

is there a contigent of asians who think that like or not?

can you say there arent asians who admire white people?

if not then please cut the ****

:rofl::rofl:

You can't be serious.

People like you undermine real advocacy for social awareness and reform with bull**** like this.

I feel like those who are offended have a very visceral response to the ad and can't be convinced otherwise no matter what you say or evidence you provide. The predators are always black, red and white and all of their ads have that color pallet. The ad campaigns have always had menacing, animal imagery whether the spokesperson is Kaka, Messi, or Beckham.

:rofl::rofl:

You can't be serious.

People like you undermine real advocacy for social awareness and reform with bull**** like this.

I got a homie that's one of the top trainers in the world right now

http://instagram.com/lethalshooter

I'm gonna go tell him he should change his name because people might see a dark skinned black man and "Lethal shooter" and get the wrong idea.

but your homie is calling himself that

not having a multimillion dollar company spread his picture in places where the ppl wont even know who the **** he is but see the ad and think "dangerous"

I feel like those who are offended have a very visceral response to the ad and can't be convinced otherwise no matter what you say or evidence you provide. The predators are always black, red and white and all of their ads have that color pallet. The ad campaigns have always had menacing, animal imagery whether the spokesperson is Kaka, Messi, or Beckham.

then show me an ad with kaka messie or beckham exactly like this pogba ad

I've said time and time again that there are, just like any other race. YOU are the ***@$@ clown that said it was the VAST MAJORITY, which is what I have issue with. Fake @$% intellectual

I've said time and time again that there are, just like any other race. YOU are the ***@$@ clown that said it was the VAST MAJORITY, which is what I have issue with. Fake @$% intellectual

ok and ive amended time and time again to say not the vast majority cuz im not talkin about the billions of chinese

so what is your real beef?

that im a "fake *** intellectual"?

make it your mission to make sure no one listens to me huh?

cuz i said that ONE thing that pertains to you and your race youre on your on your soapbox

i talk hella **** about white people but you dont care about that right? cuz youre a damn hypocrite who only cares when you think im making your race look bad

then show me an ad with kaka messie or beckham exactly like this pogba ad

So your burden of proof is the exact same ad ( exact same lighting, text, color pallet, etc) with different athletes some of whom are from different eras? Why would a company make the exact same ad twice? Does that even make sense?

You know what? you win. It's racist. :lol::lol::lol:

This ad is just one many in the ad campaign. Adidas actually shot a pretty dope short film/commercial with Pogba as part of the ad campaign. Not to mention the commercials like this one:

I think the disconnect is between people who know the athlete, soccer and the brand and those who don't.

There's def a distance between the interpretation of the ad based on knowledge of the sport and the gear but even still the image conveyed in the ad is too close for a major company to make

ok and ive amended time and time again to say not the vast majority cuz im not talkin about the billions of chinese

so what is your real beef?

that im a "fake *** intellectual"?

make it your mission to make sure no one listens to me huh?

cuz i said that ONE thing that pertains to you and your race youre on your on your soapbox

i talk hella **** about white people but you dont care about that right? cuz youre a damn hypocrite who only cares when you think im making your race look bad

I'm half European as well as a soccer fan (go ahead and say something about my mom, you clown) You generalized all of us as being racist in this very thread, which is what I had an issue with in THIS thread. Not sure where the hypocrisy is.

So your burden of proof is the exact same ( exact same lighting, text, color pallet, etc) with different athletes from different eras? Why would a company make the exact same ad twice? Does that even make sense?

You know what? you win. It's racist. :lol::lol::lol:

my burden of proof is if this not something intrinsic to portraying black atheletes then show me an ad that has a close up menacing white person with the word predator in red because red denotes danger

why wouldnt a company make the same ad twice? with different athletes for different demographics?

i coulda sworn nike used to do it with the basketball police

my burden of proof is if this not something intrinsic to portraying black atheletes then show me an ad that has a close up menacing white person with the word predator in red because red denotes danger

why wouldnt a company make the same ad twice? with different athletes for different demographics?

i coulda sworn nike used to do it with the basketball police

So what about the ad I've posted a couple of times in this thread? Is it less problematic because it has white athletes in it?

Attachments

• mkD2HXcN1Uui.jpg
    mkD2HXcN1Uui.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 11

That is a very slippery slope you are operating on. A contingent? Using a small pool of people to characterize a larger pool of people. You do know that is the heart of the stereotypes that fuel prejudice? “Well one of ‘you’ did this so all of ‘you’ must do it”.:smh:

yea yea yea seeking clarification when you thought you had me in a spot

now its no dog in the fight

and i i didnt double down i amended my comments to not reflect the entirety of the asian populations

but ppl would rather harp on that than on the asians here in america who like dude said adore and admire

we cant talk about them right?

yeah, ive seen enough

you honestly have a problem

i wasnt trying to back you into anything

That is a very slippery slope you are operating on. A contingent? Using a small pool of people to characterize a larger pool of people. You do know that is the heart of the stereotypes that fuel prejudice? “Well one of ‘you’ did this so all of ‘you’ must do it”.:smh:

so we cant talk about that "small" contigent?

just because the majority dont means it not worth discussing

that small contigent will ALWAYS stay small right?

i call it being vigilant cuz its not just white vs black

So what about the ad I've posted a couple of times in this thread? Is it less problematic because it has white athletes in it?

yes its less problematic because the single shot closeup creates more of a sense of menacing than 4 guys lined up

so we cant talk about that "small" contigent?

just because the majority dont means it not worth discussing

that small contigent will ALWAYS stay small right?

i call it being vigilant cuz its not just white vs black
You can talk about that individual or small group as their own, separate entity not as a representation of their entire race, country, etc. Does that not seem more fair?

You can talk about that individual or small group as their own, separate entity not as a representation of their entire race, country, etc. Does that not seem more fair?

and as ive said ive apologized for my mistake in overstating the magnitude

nonetheless its more than months ago and im still being haranged

like in my 5 years here i say one maybe two things that ppl dont like about asians

all of a sudden im every name under the sun

nevermind the kaep thread, the ota benga thread, white fragility and redux none of that matters how i try because apparently i made a mistake and iMUST be crucified for it

Back
Top Bottom