H&M is under fire for racist hoodie

what level of woke is this

has nothing to do with being woke.

Its a simple concept to grasp as why people would be offended by it.

Everyone doesnt watch soccer and your first glance at that photo would have you thinking wtf

put that add in the hood and remove the addidas symbol and watch what reactions you get
Without the logo there would be no add in the first place lol. People see Adidas, predator, and Pogba then correlate it with the soccer line. Not sure why people will blantantly call something racially insensitive without researching the background beforehand.

Without the logo there would be no add in the first place lol. People see Adidas, predator, and Pogba then correlate it with the soccer line. Not sure why people will blantantly call something racially insensitive without researching the background beforehand.

Nah bruh they posted white dude no logo and told me it was an ad

And ads dont require research if thats the case ur ad is at the least problematic

so if im not a power ranger out here for the mutiracial coalition then **** it right?

i feel like regardless of "doubling down" or whatever its all semantics

So someone that is interested in equality for ALL races is a power ranger? OK.

as far as one negative undoing years of good i dont agree

from an outside perspective you can say that but ask someone who ive educated or shown something they never knew if the fact that i misspoke once or twice undoes all of that

you arent familiar with me so you see that screenshot and draw your conclusions

Looking at all of the posts you make with other races doing things that range from downright wrong to just things you simply disagree with the common theme is that you want everyone to be held accountable. But the moment someone holds you accountable for something you do, NOW we want understanding, we want to be allowed to grow, to be educated and mature, to refine our viewpoint. Which are you advocating? If you don't like being measured with the measuring stick you are holding others up to then change your measuring stick. No double standards allowed.

i cant be mad at that

but if thats all you want to do, and not look deeper then id say youre the one missing out

its like this ad, you all are saying do the research! do the research!

but all i see is the image and i dont like it

now that you all have explained the history of ads i stopped calling it racist and called it problematic

see i can adjust, but some ppl are so dead set in being against me that it doesnt matter what i say
See point above. When you judge harshly expect it back.

How would you go about doing things differently?
It all starts with diversity on these creative projects to bring awareness to these issues.

Maybe these folks in the marketing department ARE unaware of what is offensive, who knows.

But I don't know if there aren't black faces on these teams but but surely seems as though there aren't.

naw because billions of people watch soccer and its been advertised for 20 years so with or without the addidas sign yall soccer fans would still know what the ad is miss me with that bull.

but im done. i cant believe this is so hard to grasp how some folks would feel at first glance of seeing this photo has nothing to do with doing research.

if i did research after i felt indifferently of the photo and it was goodwill of addidas and not racist it still does not change the fact how it made me feel at first glance

first impression means alot.

try this:

lets say theres a line of sport widgets called Peg Leg thats been around for 20 years

your company wants to endorse a young athlete who is also a leg amputee

if an ad was created for that kid with the words Peg Leg near his head, that may be considered insensitive

if i was the ad exec id create an internal policy where any ad featuring this athlete to be screened for insensitivity toward disabled people before approval

h&m & this teenage basketball team from Ohio know exactly what they're doing...

https://deadspin.com/ohio-boys-basketball-team-booted-for-racist-jerseys-1821950491

Kings-Mills-Basketball-Team-Racial-Slurs-The-Source.jpg

put that add in the hood and remove the addidas symbol and watch what reactions you get

if you watch soccer and know about this player than your opinion is biased and holds no weight.

You guys are next level ridiculous now.So because I have context on the situation my opinion doesn't matter. Bro, are you listening to yourself?

I saw an ad at a bus stop with a black man holding a gun, in the rain, looking menacing all it said was "Equalizer" in red on the poster. Is that poster racist? Or is it not racist because I recognize the actor and I've identified that its an ad? Or would my opinion not matter because I have context?

You guys are either on some fake woke stuff or VERY sensitive.

try this:

lets say theres a line of sport widgets called Peg Leg thats been around for 20 years

if an ad was created for that kid with the words Peg Leg near his head, that may be considered insensitive

if i was the ad exec id create an internal policy where any ad featuring this athlete to be screened for insensitivity toward disabled people before approval
Bingo

try this:

Or maybe that exact thing happened and a room full of black people (Pogba, his management team, etc.) saw the ad and didn't think twice about it because they have context on what product they're selling.

naw because billions of people watch soccer and its been advertised for 20 years so with or without the addidas sign yall soccer fans would still know what the ad is miss me with that bull.

but im done. i cant believe this is so hard to grasp how some folks would feel at first glance of seeing this photo has nothing to do with doing research.

if i did research after i felt indifferently of the photo and it was goodwill of addidas and not racist it still does not change the fact how it made me feel at first glance

first impression means alot.
It may not change how you feel at first glance, but now you're educated on why they made the ad in the first place. The research portion is for those that would make a post blantantly calling something racist without understanding the background behind the ad. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but personally I don't see anything wrong with the ad.

Or just have a differing opinion and/or perspective? Isn't that possible and just as respectable. If not, what makes your opinion on it any more valid? Advertising should get a message across with minimal effort, so the idea that 'all you'd have to do is google' isn't valid to me.

Fact vs opinion is something else.

has nothing to do with being woke.

Its a simple concept to grasp as why people would be offended by it.

Everyone doesnt watch soccer and your first glance at that photo would have you thinking wtf

the only reason this is an issue is because you have an image in your head of white execs at a table coming up with this campaign

if lonzo ball comes out with “Ball Predator 1” tomorrow and has the exact same campaign i doubt you’d find issue

sports always falls back on that “monster, beast” character to promote their stuff because thats a favorable characteristic in athletics

is marshasn lynch sly cooper-ing for naming his brand “beast mode”?

the end result of this logic is gonna be for companies to stop wanting to do business or campaigns with blacks and then you’d complain about lack of representation

its good that we as a people are more vocal about stuff like this now but we gotta know when its warranted otherwise it begins to look cartoonish

This is weird logic. Anything can be made into something it's not with some editing. Of course it would elicit a different response if you removed the logo.

The Adidas logo is on it though. It's one of the most recognizable logos/brands ever that most people would associate with sports.

I'm not disagreeing that the ad could have a negative vibe for people that are socially aware, but there seems to be a little reaching when you say "change the ad to look like this and then see the response you get."

You guys are next level ridiculous now.So because I have context on the situation my opinion doesn't matter. Bro, are you listening to yourself?

I saw an ad at a bus stop with a black man holding a gun, in the rain, looking menacing all it said was "Equalizer" in red on the poster. Is that poster racist? Or is it not racist because I recognize the actor and I've identified that its an ad? Or would my opinion not matter because I have context?

you got it dude im over it. If you dont see the biased in it you cant see how someone would feel at first glance without knowing the background

This is weird logic. Anything can be made into something it's not with some editing. Of course it would elicit a different response if you removed the logo.

The Adidas logo is on it though. It's one of the most recognizable logos/brands ever that most people would associate with sports.

I'm not disagreeing that the ad could have a negative vibe for people that are socially aware, but there seems to be a little reaching when you say "change the ad to look like this and then see the response you get."

again first glance you might not see the addidas sign first thing i see is predator and a black dude.

try this:

this speaks more to your own perception of black people to make the equivalent of peg leg:amputees as predator:black people

you shouldnt have to screen black people for insensitivity for the word “predator”

this speaks more to your own perception of black people to make the equivalent of peg leg:amputees as predator:black people

you shouldnt have to screen black people for insensitivity for the word “predator”

This is something people are doing and I seriously believe they aren’t consciously aware of it. I bought this up at the beginning of this post.

Back
Top Bottom